1500 grafts 7 days ago and I'm extremely worried. HELP!

Here's my advice. Ask for a refund or threaten with posting your photos online with the full story. I doubt they will want to stand by the results if these photos are an indication of how the surgery was performed. Plugs were a thing of the past or so I thought. I would not pursue legal action because in the end no amount of money will make it "right". Start working with top notch HT surgeons recommended on here and see what can be done. IT IS FIXABLE, but it won't be easy or cheap.

Another option in a completely failed HT is shaving it completely off and accepting the scar in the back of the head. But I'd just start consulting others as soon as possible. HT surgery is not a poor man's game and hopefully you can afford the cost that you will likely incur.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thedude,

I am sorry for you as everyone else has said that the size of the incisions are way too big and belong to the nineties like I had 3 sessions of in 1996/7/8.

Expect for further surgery to cover this as it is not going to look dense once it grows in and because of that will look unnatural especially if you loose more native hair.

Many patients have been repaired in your situation and far worse so do not be too downhearted.

My advice to you if you are not already taking it is get on propecia now and maintain your have native hair and hopefully improve the crown. If you don't do that you will loose further hair and the new grafts will stand out more. You have quite a high level of loss and will need every hair, my biggest regret other than having the 3 surgeries was not getting on propecia earlier to save my native hair.

The other positive is that at least the hairline seems to be not too low so you can drop it slightly to cover these bigger grafts that have been placed into the hairline, your remaining donor hair is so important for you now. Spend a good deal of time on this forum learning about the different procedures and Doctors that are available to you for your next session.

You will need to see how these grafts grow in first and allow the donor to heal for at least 8-12 months before embarking on another procedure, use that time wisely to research.

I would also document you surgery with very clear photos for your own records. If I can give you a further positive is that if everything grows in as it should you will at least have a base to work around and add much greater density in the future.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Typically HT techs, or in your case the RN, will break down the strip into it's follicular units and then implant them. Sometimes the surgeon will do the planting. The surgeon will remove the strip and make the incisions. It sounds like the RN performed half of your actual surgery. If that's the case, you may have some grounds for legal action. I would definitely speak to an attorney who specializes in malpractice.

Also, make sure you document your case with pictures/video. Have a consult with a recommended HT doctor IMMEDIATELY. Ask him to give a written or video testimonial that the work you had done is indeed archaic. Then I'd also try and contact some other patients who had work done by this clinic. I guarantee there are other disgruntled ones out there. There was a "doctor" in New York named Gary Hitzig who lost against a class action suit. He had a sanitation worker employed as a tech supposedly.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Definitely ask for a refund or like patriot said about letting the public know about the incompetent work they carry out, tell them you will put an add in the local/national paper about their horrible clinic if they don't refund all your money.I don't think I've ever seen a result like that, you said you could only afford 1500 grafts,but you could have got a flight to Turkey and 3000 fue with Dr Demirsoy or Dr Kul for what you paid... absolute madness!!

Thanks for all the hopeful words, I hope yall are right and that this can be rectified at the nearest possible point. I do not live close to any of the recommended doctors so what would y'all recoMmend?

Too early to make any conclusions, but I do agree from at least an appearance perspective it does not look good. is your Dr experienced with hair transplants? If yes, then be patient. The first 2 weeks look the worst....

BTW I just did 1500 FUE 3 days ago. Many small grafts packed pretty tight with a hair emerging from each. Click on my prior posts to give it a look.

I think you are over-reacting way too soon after a procedure. Of course you don't look great immediately or several days, weeks or even months post op. Let your scalp heal, let the scabs fall off. Maybe cut your existing native hair to look more even? But don't loose hope. You've undergone a traumatic experience to your scalp, you need some time to heal. Afterwards, do the assessment and determine if you need additional work, a repair, etc.

I think the guy's screenname on here is TygerD..... maybe message him and ask for advice on how to go about this.... Frankly, this is such a clear cut case of malpractice, I think your credit card company will side with you.

What's done is done, you can't undo it at this point. You might very well end up with a naturally looking "thinned" look that won't be the end of the world. After a year or so you need to reassess and then you can always get another procedure to fill out the rest of it. In the mean time you can start researching other surgeons that can take over for you.

I read some of your other thread also and I would forget suing your Doc. You can always ask for some type of refund but that rarely works out in favor of the patient especially when the doc isn't somebody that is well known in the industry.

Live and learn my friend, I did the exact same thing.

Dude,

I took the liberty of merging all three of your threads into this one. Please refer all discussion to this thread and do not create duplicate topics in the future.

Thanks.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Stagger, normally I agree that it's futile to pursue legal action against a HT doc. However, Dude claims the RN was the one making the incisions. Also, I think blahblahblah has a very good suggestion about reporting this to the credit card company. It can't hurt to try. At the very least your card may carry some insurance to protect a portion. Again, you need to get a second opinion and do all of this ASAP. Any good HT doc with two eyes will testify this is bad HT work by looking at the post op pics.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I did take a look John doe1. I wish mine was looking similar at this point and then some of you other posters may be right that it is too early to tell. I will not be pursuing legal action but am going g to raise a little hell with my dr... Blake, I'm sorry as I didn't know which forum to post on and was a little confused at that point. M

Ok guys. I have been on phone with credit card company. I have a dispute in and was told I would be sent some forms in the mail. The lady said if I can get another MR to give something in writing that this was shotty work and the proper procedures were not followed they would refund me my money. Any Dr's out there??

dude,

You cannot expect any HT docs to be looking at this thread and come to your rescue. You need to seek them out. It's probably a good idea to start compiling a list of docs whose work you like and might go to for future work. This way you can start building a relationship with them. They will be familiar with your case and give them extra incentive to help out. I think most docs will give you a written testimonial even without the prospect of you becoming a patient. If you cannot visit in person arrange for online or over the phone consults. Explain the urgency of the situation to their front office and I'm sure someone can squeeze you in. Best of luck.

Great choice. Dr. Feller was actually my first quality consult after my initial HT mishap with Joseph Karamikian and eventually he fixed me up. I had a very similar case to yours actually. I did try taking him to small claims court but his lawyer dragged it out and I eventually dropped the case. However, karma eventually got Karamikian. Last I heard he was out of practice and had several collection agencies trying to track him down.

I just started the business for years ago and this should be my most successful year financially so by the time that I can actually get another procedure I should be able to afford him.I have searched high and low for pictures May B comparable to my Density but haven't or at least I don't think I have found any that match mine. Can anyone offer an example of what this may end up looking like? By the way here Are some updated pictures.

20140304_163351.jpg.1f28b94787a45fa8cc7d78791915c9ad.jpg

20140304_163749.jpg.d8120ccb49a91816676716a2639b80d7.jpg

I just started the business for years ago and this should be my most successful year financially so by the time that I can actually get another procedure I should be able to afford him.I have searched high and low for pictures May B comparable to my Density but haven't or at least I don't think I have found any that match mine. Can anyone offer an example of what this may end up looking like? By the way here Are some updated pictures.

Here you go...

090619_plugs2.jpg.809c61892913b00448da5ac9a6bfdd6f.jpg