6 Months Result - Dr.Bhatti (2151 FUE)

shane13

So here goes my 6 months update. I’ve attached a lot of pics to depict as much as possible.

The hairline is much more defined (but bear in mind that some of it also attributed to my earlier HT of 650 grafts) but the mid-scalp doesn’t seem to be g®o(w)ing anywhere and there is no significant growth.

The hairline density on the right side doesn’t seem to be great. Essentially the hair on the left-side is doing a ‘cover-up’ job for the mid-scalp. Even when I comb my hair, the empty patch of the mid-scalp clearly shows.

In my honest opinion I was expecting much more than what I see now. I am seriously hoping that the coming months show a significant amount of growth from here. :confused:

All comments/observations/suggestions welcome.

I plan to capture all subsequent progress on this thread going forward…….

DSC_0539.jpg.d26ca39d7baacdf37aa929cbdd2975b7.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg.f690628ed795dffe343e34023e6b9a02.jpg

1.jpg.53eb9a072a0928b99a17f96c74fe20ca.jpg

2.jpg.7268f4dc24c782e7de2f6a506f40870b.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg.29c4560bd24b31601a47006293f707ab.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg.b8187b15762d113cad35b14bc432e687.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg.e4144759db107229e5aa24f4e947b319.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg.d0d182371b7c2c9a09d2e51d67dacaf2.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg.e1d7112b477478816032bb1e6fe96d10.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg.9d36b5f8905b9380a018dd04d760c17f.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg.121366d4c4684f85bd0bda2394cedfa0.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg.7ea9910b3c0a32dad553d09a24ca30a9.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg.39e071bedf4f14d7dd8207ff1cb4835c.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg.f00c4aa337231fd454373ac8249ca1d0.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg.b920b3b792ccb015013d626f873e28cb.jpg

Hi, as your grafts in the front have grown in nicely, I think that the cause might be a physical condition. Perhaps the area got traumatized too much, so that the grafts there are still in a state of rest.

I would not worry too much at this point, as it could be that those grafts now have recovered and will start to sprout in between the next weeks.

What does Dr. Bhatti say on your progess?

Just another honest thought: From your before pictures, I have the impression that you have a quite uncommon type of hairloss, as your hairline yet was not bald at all, but behind that, in the area where you don`t experience growth (so far) by now, there was a bald spot yet. My suspiction is that there maybe sth. not totally right in that area, and that there are physical factors that hinder hairs to grow there.

I hope not, and probably I am talking bs, but I wanted to give you an honest suggestion.

You are correct to expect more growth in the mid-scalp by 6 months but you still have time before making a conclusion. I wish you all the very best.

Hi, as your grafts in the front have grown in nicely, I think that the cause might be a physical condition. Perhaps the area got traumatized too much, so that the grafts there are still in a state of rest.

I would not worry too much at this point, as it could be that those grafts now have recovered and will start to sprout in between the next weeks.

What does Dr. Bhatti say on your progess?

I've emailed him my pictures, will keep everyone posted on his response.....

Just another honest thought: From your before pictures, I have the impression that you have a quite uncommon type of hairloss, as your hairline yet was not bald at all, but behind that, in the area where you don`t experience growth (so far) by now, there was a bald spot yet. My suspiction is that there maybe sth. not totally right in that area, and that there are physical factors that hinder hairs to grow there.

I hope not, and probably I am talking bs, but I wanted to give you an honest suggestion.

Bro, why you do not see a bald hairline in my 'before' pics is because that is where I had 650 grafts from my first transplant. Otherwise the hairloss is very typical to MPB and quite common interms of progression.

You are correct to expect more growth in the mid-scalp by 6 months but you still have time before making a conclusion. I wish you all the very best.

Hmmmmm I agree. I hope the coming months bring more cheer :)

Bro, why you do not see a bald hairline in my 'before' pics is because that is where I had 650 grafts from my first transplant. Otherwise the hairloss is very typical to MPB and quite common interms of progression.

Oops, sorry, I guess I missed sth. there :o Sorry...

• 2 weeks later...

Shane,

Any updates from Dr on slower growth region ?

Though it's too early to conclude anything but I see a similar pattern in my HT. grafts in mid scalp are not growing whereas Hairline looks okay.

here http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171136-my-hair-transplant-experience-3180-grafts-dr-bhatti.html

Ok fellas, so here is the update on my discussion with Dr. Bhatti.......

I was lucky that he was traveling to Delhi today and I managed to meet him for 30 minutes or so to show him my progress in person. I carried my laptop with me to show him all pre-op, post-op and other pictures for him to have a complete view.

First things first, Dr. Bhatti did agree that the results were not inline with expectations, specially the mid-scalp which just refrained from growing. He analyzed my current state of hair and immediately offered to do another procedure on me, free of cost. I really have mixed feelings as of now. Most of you would know how badly we want our HT to be a grand success and mine has failed or not met expectations twice now :(. The funny part is that I still want to go ahead and do it. The transplanted hair might not grow again or I might not have sufficient no. of grafts left because of my sparse hair and then I would have to again go through the physical and mental adjustments to be made for a surgery. But I think I'll do it again, although, there is once again no guarantee of success.

Most would say that I am in no position to vouch for Dr. Bhatti's work (going by my results alone) but I still appreciate him for taking ownership and giving it another try. Not many doctors and branded clinics would have done so and this gesture of his speaks volumes of his credibility.

Most likely, the procedure will be done sometime next month. Here I stand again, hoping aginast hope.....

Cheers

Did Dr. Bhatti speculate why the grafts didn't grow?

Yeah Even I would like to know this. It is shocking I never thought that even this could be a possibility, Can the Transplanted hair not grow at all can even this also happen Gosh ! :eek:

Shane,

Any updates from Dr on slower growth region ?

Though it's too early to conclude anything but I see a similar pattern in my HT. grafts in mid scalp are not growing whereas Hairline looks okay.

here http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171136-my-hair-transplant-experience-3180-grafts-dr-bhatti.html

It's pointless worrying about growth when you're only a couple of weeks out from the operation.

It's pointless worrying about growth when you're only a couple of weeks out from the operation.

But he said it is already 6 months post his HT is it just condidered couple of weks and to add to the misery he is saying even Dr.Bhatti concurred that yes the HT has not been up to the mark and so he offered a corrective repeat HT.

Did Dr. Bhatti speculate why the grafts didn't grow?

There was no concrete reason that he could think of..... he was surprised too..... I took all necessary post-op care

There was no concrete reason that he could think of..... he was surprised too..... I took all necessary post-op care

So one goes through all the pain, trauma mentally getting prepared, lot of hopes...Money that one would have earned putting in his sweat and blood just to find out it did not work !! What a Joke !!

Im amazed the Dr would consider another procedure 6 months after the Op. You should wait 12-15 months. As a previous poster said the grafts could easily still be in a state of rest due to trauma and could sprout right up until 12 months.

I think you need to wait it out. Although it dosent get stated too often i have seen a lot of cases where mid scalp (much like crowns) lag behind hairlines. Vascularity and larger hair groupings could be the reason amongst others.

i feel the same way as other posters - what reasons could there be for the growth not being up to expectations?

i would also agree, and if i was you, i would wait the full 12 months at least. i read a lot of the threads on here, and it seems very common after an ht to watch, and keep looking for growth, but it is true, what with the dormant phase of hair growth, it can seem to take a long time before you notice an improvement.

if he were to do another ht, wouldn't that endanger the last transplant?

i am sure you want to go ahead and do it again, as you want results, but i would seriously wait

Hey mate.

Did he give you any reason about your HT not being a success? Any HT hair showed up or growing?

Thanks

Wade

Hey bro, the doc was equally baffled and didn't state any substantial reason.

The hair in the front showed some growth and there is a visible difference in the hairline.....

i feel the same way as other posters - what reasons could there be for the growth not being up to expectations?

i would also agree, and if i was you, i would wait the full 12 months at least. i read a lot of the threads on here, and it seems very common after an ht to watch, and keep looking for growth, but it is true, what with the dormant phase of hair growth, it can seem to take a long time before you notice an improvement.

if he were to do another ht, wouldn't that endanger the last transplant?

i am sure you want to go ahead and do it again, as you want results, but i would seriously wait

Thanks james. But I leave it to the doctor and his expertise. I just feel that he's the best person to judge. Had there been any further scope of improvement, he would've definitely asked me to wait. He's one of the best FUE surgeons in the world and I trust his advice.

Thanks a lot for your kind suggestions though.

Looks like the blood supply was killed to the center of the scalp

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Looks like the blood supply was killed to the center of the scalp

Hey Spanker, if that is the case, do you think there is a possibility that it might work a second time around?