Round Two With SMG

orlhair1

Thanks StaggerLee. Feeling good today. The number 3 guard is what I get with each haircut on the sides and back. You can't find the scar when cut to that length......I feel very fortunate about that.

Thanks Cant decide.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, thats a great scar, 3 guard is very short as well, looks so natural on top , even with the very short cut , with no layering effect going on it looks very natural and you have good coverage, this latest procedure is icing on the cake for you my friend, good growth to ya,

wow, thats a great scar, 3 guard is very short as well, looks so natural on top , even with the very short cut , with no layering effect going on it looks very natural and you have good coverage, this latest procedure is icing on the cake for you my friend, good growth to ya,

Thanks man......I am pretty excited about how it will turn out.

Man, your hair looks great. I actually think the 2 guard all over makes a great summer cut.

Where are your post ops?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The only pic missing from this sequence is the back or donor view with the #3 guard. I look forward to seeing your post op pics.

Congrats!

Here you go:

Slide1-29.jpg

Thanks for posting Janna. Keeping everything on this thread makes sense. I will use it for all of my updates. I made it home fine before the frigid weather set in! Doing well. Hair is already starting to grow back from the military shave :) Thanks again to you and everyone at SMG.....I couldn't be happier.

Glad you're home safe and got out of here before the deep freeze. :)

Heal well.

Orlhair's FUE Procedure with Shapiro Medical -

He had 969 grafts extracted with the Artas system and 544 grafts via SAFE system.

The donor area hairs dyed to see the hairs better

1513 grafts/2850 hairs

1's - 453

2's - 789

3's - 271

These pics are one day post op from his FUE procedure.

Slide1-28.jpg

Slide2-21.jpg

Slide4-16.jpg

topdownO.jpg

Slide5-15.jpg

Slide6-12.jpg

Thanks for posting Janna! I will take my first update photos one week post op. It is amazing how much I have healed already and how fast my hair is growing back just 3 days after these pics were taken.

Orlhair, looks like you will get an awesome result. I am amazed at what a broad area SMG used for your donor hairs. Will you be posting some of your own photos. You really do a great job at communicating your experience in posting your thoughts and great photos. Best of luck healing up. Tom

Orlhair, looks like you will get an awesome result. I am amazed at what a broad area SMG used for your donor hairs. Will you be posting some of your own photos. You really do a great job at communicating your experience in posting your thoughts and great photos. Best of luck healing up. Tom

Thanks Tom. I will post update photos. I will start with one week post op just to show how fast this is healing up. I am excited about he potential that these additional grafts will have. I think it will look even fuller and thicker than before.

Orlhair-I notice the doc put some grafts in each temple corner ("bluning" the corners as some call it). Do ou know how many grafts went into each corner? Also, how many grafts per sq cm will you have in the front third between this and your first surgery?

Happy growing!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Orlhair-I notice the doc put some grafts in each temple corner ("bluning" the corners as some call it). Do ou know how many grafts went into each corner? Also, how many grafts per sq cm will you have in the front third between this and your first surgery?

Happy growing!!

I didn't get the count in the temple corners, but we talked about that being one of my goals for this surgery. About 300 of the grafts were placed in the middle area where I had no work before. That was mainly for some insurance as it was not particularly thin, but had a few spaces for some grafts just to thicken a little. In the first surgery, about 2000 grafts were in the front third and about 1000 went in the crown. So, I will have about 3200 total in the front third. I don't recall the per sq. cm. count.

That scar is incredible. Awesome. :)

The FUE work looks great. Can't wait to see this one grow in.

orlhair, bring back the John Slattery look! ;)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

That scar is incredible. Awesome. :)

The FUE work looks great. Can't wait to see this one grow in.

orlhair, bring back the John Slattery look! ;)

Thanks Aaron. I will see what I can do about the Slattery look...lol:cool:

whats the slattery look ?,LOL , how many grafts do you have left in the bank,

John Slattery always has a crazy head of white/grey hair which is what mine would be without color......lol. Not ready for the full grey/white look yet, though it will be that way for a few weeks since I can't color it for a while. In terms of what I have in the bank, my donor was pretty thick. After my first 3000 graft FUT procedure, Dr. Ron said I had at least that much left. Janna might be able to better answer that, but I am guessing that I easily have another 1500 -2000 left if I need it, maybe more.

John Slattery always has a crazy head of white/grey hair which is what mine would be without color......lol. Not ready for the full grey/white look yet, though it will be that way for a few weeks since I can't color it for a while. In terms of what I have in the bank, my donor was pretty thick. After my first 3000 graft FUT procedure, Dr. Ron said I had at least that much left. Janna might be able to better answer that, but I am guessing that I easily have another 1500 -2000 left if I need it, maybe more.

If you have a thick donor, I have to think ou have more like 4000 minimum left.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Here are my one week post FUE photos. As you can see, things are healing up really fast. With only one week growth from being shaved, you can barely see the strip scar from my prior FUT. I expect in another day or two you wont be able to see the strip scar at all, which is amazing considering just how short my hair is. You can still see the hair color that was used for the FUE, but it is slowly washing out......I will be all grey/white until I can put a little color back in after 6 weeks. Otherwise, you can hardly tell anything was done in the donor area. The recipient area is healing very nicely.

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1205-1.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

I agree, the donor area is looking just about back to normal. You're right, your hair does grow fast. Great pics, btw.

As for your remaining donor supply - I think you have another 2 strip surgeries remaining - 15-2000 each session. If you were to do fue, probably closer to 3000 in two sessions.