Disaster with Dr.Madhu

dugman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot KO for the link .This is one of the reasons y I'm going for Dr.Radha for my ht rather than Dr.madu.looks like he has started to become money minded like many others .sad

I have been following Chillboy's case. It is unacceptable that Dr. Madhu did not even touch his scalp. This amounts to absolute medical malpractice. I cannot imagine the suffering Chillboy had to endure with his bad scar. It is not fair that no one talks about his case and still Dr. Madhu is recommended as a quality surgeon in India. I could not find the thread discussing Chillboy's results. Probably removed by moderates in order to coverup for Dr. Madhu?

I am not sure what action was taken on Dr. Madhu for not attending Chillboy's surgery. Imagine you going for a heart surgery and nurses performing the surgery without the docotor's presence. In a court of law, I assume, such negligence would result in cancelling of doctors license. But what is done here on this forum? When is enough is enough and do something about a doctor's recommendation?

I have been following Chillboy's case. It is unacceptable that Dr. Madhu did not even touch his scalp. This amounts to absolute medical malpractice. I cannot imagine the suffering Chillboy had to endure with his bad scar. It is not fair that no one talks about his case and still Dr. Madhu is recommended as a quality surgeon in India. I could not find the thread discussing Chillboy's results. Probably removed by moderates in order to coverup for Dr. Madhu?

I am not sure what action was taken on Dr. Madhu for not attending Chillboy's surgery. Imagine you going for a heart surgery and nurses performing the surgery without the docotor's presence. In a court of law, I assume, such negligence would result in cancelling of doctors license. But what is done here on this forum? When is enough is enough and do something about a doctor's recommendation?

amen,, everything you said is spot on, there should be something done on here when docs do such things, its just not right, then they lock the treads when the victims come out and tell there story

Was there an actual reason given for the doc not being a part of the op?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

It does lean towards the fact that he has become money minded rather than looking at the overall well being of the patient especially after completing my transplant with him I was told that I have about 1400 grafts left and that I could have another transplant within the next 6 months if I wanted. Any reasonable ethical doctor would make you wait for at least a year before making such a suggestion. When I brought this up on my post he changed his wording and mentioned that what he did say was he would assess my hair first and then make a decision which is completely false. Even if this was true 6 months is way too early considering that I only have 1400 grafts and I am in my early 30's!

Was there an actual reason given for the doc not being a part of the op?

Apparently Chillboy was told that it would cost more for Dr. Madhu to do the transplant.

When I had my transplant Dr Madhu was around during the first 15 minutes of the surgery, then it was his attendants who took over and by attendants I mean nurses. He only came in to supervise every now and then and also during the last 15 minutes of the transplant it was just his nurses who were attending to me. It seems that Dr Madhu charges extra for his presence and yet he is isn't fully present when you pay for his services, strange.

Edited by gat4

Gat4,

Frankly, I find it inappropriate that you'd revive this old topic to rehash your experience when it's already been discussed on another topic you created here.

To respond to the post you revived this topic with, an "X factor", which includes unknown variables does and can occur. The fact that it "boils your blood" is inconsequential. Every surgical procedure comes with risks and each situation is

unique and must be looked at individually.

The last time we spoke about your experience, you were unhappy that you felt Dr. Madhu ignored your emails when it turned out he never received them. The issues were since worked out and you had a Skype call scheduled.

That said, if you want to continue discussing your experience and give the community an update on what happened, please do so on your own topic rather than piggy backing off of another member's.

Thanks,

Bill

bill,

I was only posting my views on what I felt was adding to the thread and thus educating people. However I shall post in my own thread from now on and for your information while my thread has been discussed there is room for further discussion. Also I find it very confusing that you seem to be very selective in your responses for when I have asked you specifically in my thread certain questions you tend not answer where it feels like to me you don't want to discuss it because you're trying to hide something but yet you seem like an expert with your opinions on everything else.

gat4,

This topic was last updated in 2012 before you provided a response. You revived an old topic to express your anger about a very legitimate reason for hair transplants to fail and then start discussing your own experience, which has previously been discussed.

I have never intentionally ignored any of your or any other member's direct questions. Moreover, I have nothing to hide and I resent you insinuating that I do.

If you have questions for me that I didn't see and thus, didn't answer, please send me a private message and I'll be happy to discuss anything with you.

Bill

I was only posting my views on what I felt was adding to the thread and thus educating people.

Your first recent post was not educational at all. In fact, it was an attack against the moderators of this community for allegedly always taking a physician's side. It was also coupled with false information regarding an "X Factor" which is (unfortunately) a very legitimate reason for hair transplants to fail.

While I don't deny that physicians and their staff can be to blame (called the "H Factor"), in some cases, some unknown variable centering around a patient's physiology can be to blame.

I never said this is definitely the case here or in yours. But to deny the reality and then attack the moderators of this community (not to mention that you did it by reviving an old topic that isn't your own) is inappropriate.

Bill

Torip,

It is not fair that no one talks about his case and still Dr. Madhu is recommended as a quality surgeon in India. I could not find the thread discussing Chillboy's results. Probably removed by moderates in order to coverup for Dr. Madhu?

We have never once removed a post or topic in order to "coverup" for a doctor. The occasional post or topic we've removed have always been because it's been in violation of our terms of service. We do not sweep legitimate concerns under the carpet.

Why you're being so negative about this site and the work we do here is a mystery, however, if you are going to make an accusation, I expect you to back it up.

Bill

Taco,

amen,, everything you said is spot on, there should be something done on here when docs do such things, its just not right, then they lock the treads when the victims come out and tell there story

Unfortunately, there are times when it appropriate to lock and even remove a topic. However, there are many more times than not that we allow a topic to continue for members and patients to discuss their legitimate concerns and bad experiences.

A simple "search" on this forum will show this to be true. Frankly, I'm surprised and disappointed by the lack of support you seem to have for this community, given all the good we do to help people.

Bill

On a positive note....

I will be contacting Dr. Madhu and ask him to begin presenting new examples of his work.

While no doctor bats a thousand, we do need to see that a physician's usual results are state of the art. Unfortunately, Dr. Madhu hasn't presented many examples of his recent work like most surgeons recommended by this community. But given the recent complaints, I think it's time to re-evaluate his procedure and results to make sure his typical procedure and results are still and regularly high quality.

Thanks to those who expressed legitimate concerns and who truly care about the overall integrity of this community.

Bill

On a positive note....

I will be contacting Dr. Madhu and ask him to begin presenting new examples of his work.

While no doctor bats a thousand, we do need to see that a physician's usual results are state of the art. Unfortunately, Dr. Madhu hasn't presented many examples of his recent work like most surgeons recommended by this community. But given the recent complaints, I think it's time to re-evaluate his procedure and results to make sure his typical procedure and results are still and regularly high quality.

Thanks to those who expressed legitimate concerns and who truly care about the overall integrity of this community.

Bill

Good decision Bill, You should re-evaluate Dr. Madhu and Dr. Humayun from Pakistan as well.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Guys,

This topic was originally created by Dugman and thus, I really wanted to keep this topic reserved for him. However, given that this topic was recently revived to discuss Chiliboy's concerns along with Dr. Madhu's overall ability to produce excellent results, I feel that it's appropriate at this time to respond here.

I have been in touch with Dr. Madhu and he will be presenting additional examples of his results for review. He feels confident that he's still doing top notch work and would like an opportunity to prove it.

In addition to the results he will be posting, you can find several patient websites created by Dr. Madhu's patients by clicking here. There are several blogs with success stories and pictures, many imcomplete blogs lacking photos and several patients presenting concerns. In my opinion, some of the concerns have been very valid and a couple, I feel were cases of unrealistic expectations. Each concern has been handled as it arose, including Dugman who started this topic.

Regarding Chiliboy and the statement he made that Dr. Madhu didn't touch him during surgery. He admits that he slept through a large portion of the surgery on his patient website. In his words:

"The surgery went well. I was told by Dr. Madhu that if I get 2000 he would fill upto certain extent and if I get more he would extend the range. I was given anesthesia and was told to sit in a dental chair. I went to sleep during the process of getting the strip. I didn't feel anything (No pain). somehow I heard few words to turnaround. I did and again went to sleep. I woke up after the whole process was done. I was disappointed in the beginning after looking at the area covered but later on calmed myself because there is nothing much I or the doctor can do. They got around 2000 grafts with which they filled the front 1/3 rd portion."

Regarding his results, they do appear somewhat thin and the scar somewhat wide. While we made Dr. Madhu aware of Chiliboy's concerns when he first posted these, it appears that Dr. Madhu never received any emails. In the meantime however, Dave (Taking the Plunge) has been very supportive and posted advice and encouragement on Chiliboy's website. You can view all of this by clicking on the link above.

I also wanted to post Dr. Madhu's reply regarding my email to him regarding Chiliboy and overall concerns about seeing a few poor looking results. Below is his response.

------

Dear Bill,

Thanks for your e-mail and your suggestions, I am aware that a few of my patients have expressed their dissatisfaction in the forum in regard to hair transplant results in the last year. I was brought to notice by you & David regarding the same through e-mails. I responded to my patients concerns accordingly especially over the phone for both dugman and gat4 for which both of them acknowledged in their respective posts in the forum. I somehow might have overlooked or never received any e-mail from either chill boy or yourself regarding chillboy’s concern. Any way’s I am here to respond to my patients concern and show that I stand behind my work.

In regard to Chillboy results:

You can look at the above pre-operative picture and the latest post-operative picture as posted in chillboy’s album. I have implanted 2005 grafts only in the frontal region, from the immediate post-op pictures of the second session the other reputed surgeon has implanted 2375 grafts mostly in the mid-scalp and crown. The other surgeon might have seen growth in the frontal region that’s why he might have implanted very few grafts in the front where I have already implanted. From these pictures it is up to you to comment whether it is a disaster or not. (See the pictures below).

Regarding not touching the patient at all:

Chillboy in his first post “immediately after the procedure” states the following:

Quote: posted by Chillboy:

“Posted :9/12/2011

The surgery went well. I was told by Dr. Madhu that if I get 2000 he would fill upto certain extent and if I get more he would extend the range. I was given anesthesia and was told to sit in a dental chair. I went to sleep during the process of getting the strip. I didn't feel anything (No pain). somehow I heard few words to turnaround. I did and again went to sleep. I woke up after the whole process was done. I was disappointed in the beginning after looking at the area covered but later on calmed myself because there is nothing much I or the doctor can do. They got around 2000 grafts with which they filled the front 1/3 rd portion. “

After 7 months “Chillboy mentioned that I haven’t touched him during the procedure and my assistants performed the procedure”

If one can go through the above post i.e immediate post-op, one can find that chillboy himself mentioned that he was sleeping during the process of strip extraction, so how could he justify that I was not present during strip extraction. In addition to this, chillboy mentions that “he woke up after the whole process was done, so how could he justify that I haven’t touched him at all.

I would like to make it clear that I follow a standard procedure for all my patients in regard to the procedure wherein I involve myself in extracting the strip, closure of the strip, making incisions and supervising the procedure. I have a big team of highly skilled technicians & implanters, furthermore I have qualified & skilled doctors who are good at implantation. I follow high standards and hold no variations from person to person.

I am also not aware so as to where should I respond to chillboy’s concern in the forum.

Regarding posting of Pictures:

Some of my patients have been sharing their good results, I am so far thinking that it might be sufficient, but if you ask me to post I’ll start collecting and post them in the near future.

Thanks & Regards,

Dr. Pathuri Madhu

------

Ultimately, I feel that Dr. Madhu has done a good job at responding to concerns as they arise, although he never received emails regarding Chiliboy's results. That said, I will proceed with asking Dr. Madhu to present some additional examples of his results for review.

Best wishes,

Bill

Before-After-Hairline.jpg

Before-Post-Op.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bill, I think that you should look more carefully about this post and the history about Chillboy. Firstly he has done transplant with Dr. Madhu but the result suck so he move to Dr. Path so the latest result, that you show up the post was fix and done by Dr. Path. This mean that he got disaster with Dr. Madhu please investigate it carefully. I think that you should also evaluate Dr. Madhu for his careless.

bkkbaldeyebrows,

As I mentioned above, I have discussed these concerns with Dr. Madhu and have asked him to begin presenting new examples of his recent results on our community for review in order to ensure his technique and results are largely consistent.

Best Regards,

Bill

Good call Bill! Hoping this was just something gone awry, and not anything to do with physician error/lack of care. There is no 100% satisfaction in the industry.....but consistent results are certainly important. Looking forward to following future procedures from Dr. Madhu more closely!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.