Disaster with Dr.Madhu

dugman

Also wanted to state that following cases such as the Dr Humayun Mohmand gives me a lot of faith of how exactly a forum can help a dissatisfied consumer. The doctor came on board and made what seemed to be a very fair offer and did not blame it away (totally) on syndrome x. Win!

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166274-hair-transplant-procedure-dr-humayun-mohmand-29th-may-2012-a.html

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I share some of Nathaniels concerns namely in that a bad job needs to be called just that "a bad job'. That doesn't mean it's a bad doctor -just that the particular result on that case was not top notch which could be for a variety of reasons. Again, Im a little hesitant about calling every botched job a victim of "X Factor" as that completely absolves the doctor of any responsibility in one fell swoop when in reality-what if that had a less than capable assistant that day/week/year? Surely much can go into what created the ill effect but to me personally, it's all about how timely and effectively and fairly the doctor deals with it. Even the best can have an off day....

Agreed!!!

Amish,

What you don't see is the "behind the scenes" work that occurs when a situation like this arises. When a poor result or patient experience is posted, Dave or I catch it within a few hours and send an email to Bill and the physician. In the email to the physician, we outline the patient's concerns, the details surrounding the surgery, and suggest that the surgeon review the situation, leave a reply, and come to a resolution with the patient. We then help the patient and the physician come to a resolution and follow up with the situation until it is truly fixed. We do this not because we want to cover anything up or sweep the situation under the rug and blame it on the "X" factor, but because we truly care about our members and really want to help!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.