11 Month Update - Dr. Ron Shapiro

Here are some photos at 11 months. I have really noticed a change in the last several weeks with my hair noticeably thicker and just generally more "mature". I was always skeptical of the thought of changes this long after surgery, but it is definitely true that you have to wait a full year or better to see the full results. Very happy with where I am. I am headed back next month for an FUE procedure to primarily close off the corners a little bit. Not really necessary, but I am so happy with the first surgery that I decided to go back for more.....classic hair greed :)

For a complete photo history you can click on the link below and check out my monthly albums.

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

11 months and it really looks great. I can also see the the added thickness/maturity. Can't wait to hear about your FUE next month. Hair greed is alright as long as you avoid the 2 finger hairline. lol. Orlhair, thanks for all the updates.

Looking good as always. Can't wait for your FUE pics! Good luck. Should be easier this time around.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Looks good OrlHair, try to die your hair and then you figure out the real density and it will look thicker because white hair is so close to scalp skin color..

Sean, I used to have 3 fingers hairline but now my forehead is pretty wide because Dr. Rahal made it into 4 fingers hairline to save grafts so my only solution is to do the ceasar style combed forward to go back to 3 fingers lol...How about you? How many fingers your hairline is?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

It'll be interesting to shave the back of your head in preparation for the FUE procedure. You'll have a military crew cut soon. Just don't shave your head before you get here. We'll do it for you.

You're looking good. See you soon.

Yes, and you'll look so badass....lol. You'll be amazed at how fast your hair will grow back anyway. The tough guy look will fit right in with the triathlon. Who knows, you may end up sporting that look rest of the summer.

Yes, and you'll look so badass....lol. You'll be amazed at how fast your hair will grow back anyway. The tough guy look will fit right in with the triathlon. Who knows, you may end up sporting that look rest of the summer.

:) yes.....my teammates will be surprised when I show up at practice with my new look!

Looks great pal it does seem to have matured lately. Really happy for you.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

You're right, orlhair1. The hair really does appear more robust now! You look really great and completely natural. Good luck on your FUE (not that you really need it, you greedy bastard). :)

PupDady

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. I decided not to have my FUE procedure after all. Last week, I realized just how content and happy I was with my hair. Over the last several weeks it has continued to get even better! I just decided that if I was that content with it, there was really no need to do anything else for now. I know the FUE procedure I had planned would have turned out great if I wanted it, but for now I am so happy with my hair restoration. Special thanks to SMG and especially Janna for working out the schedule for the procedure and then canceling it for me today. I know someone will probably be happy they can get in even sooner than they thought. I just can't say enough good things about my experience with SMG from beginning to now. If I change my mind down the road, I will be back for sure!

No problem, O. You know that we recommend surgery for those that really want it. If you're not sure, then you should hold off. Have a great summer and keep in touch.

Never a bad decision to enjoy what you have for the time being. Orlhair, you are right to be content at this point. You've got a lot to be happy about! Enjoy this summer without the post-op doldrums and more hair than you had last summer!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hair is looking good orlhair.

Congratulations.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hey orl, hair looks great. I could see wanting to round off the corners a bit (I just did) but perhaps wait until there might be other areas to address. I will say that the experience of FUE is much easier in terms of recovery though. Enjoy your hair and the summer!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks Hairthere. Good to know that the FUE is much easier in terms of recovery. I do think I will have it done down the road. I just kind of felt like I needed to take a break and enjoy my new hair for a while.