4 Month update- Dr. Rahal 4,616 FUT

Well it is officially 4 months!!! Wow…what a journey thus far…and it really has just begun!!!

I have really seen a lot of new growth this past month…typical Rahal result in that the growth begins way before the infamous 4 month mark. My hairline is coming along nicely...getting thicker every week and it really hasn’t started the growth phase yet! I don’t really need toppik anymore but I still put a little on to just touch it up and make it a little thicker. But I must say…it takes seconds to do in the morning vs. a long time literally drawing on my hairline…now since I have actual hair at my hairline…a few sprays does the job…it is SUCH a WONDERFUL feeling to not have to put a pound of toppik on!

I am now obsessed with my hair but in such a more healthy way…in that I can’t stop looking and feeling it now vs. looking at it constantly in a negative light watching my hairline go bye bye! I am now not afraid to leave my house to go run errands and not feel horrible…ironically I have lately received a handful of compliments that I look younger than my age…perhaps ironic…but I have never received such compliments prior to my HT…MBH (Must Be the Hair)!!! That is my new acronym!!! Lol

I can’t believe how my hair is growing and everyone who knew I had it done are amazed at what it looks like now…night and day…and they think it is finished…when I tell them this is literally like month 1 of growth…they are shocked to think it could possibly get nicer!

As far as my scar goes…scar??? What scar…I have been to the barber and get a #5 and it is perfect…you really can’t see it anymore…so much that I don’t even think about it anymore…and to think I worried soooo much about the scar issue…for those who are worrying like I did…try not to think about it…believe me in the beginning you look at it and are like OMG…but after a few months it is gone and you are too focused now on your new hair! I have very slight numbness on the scar and sometimes some tingling but nothing to bother me.

Having such amazing early growth has raised my confidence so much…I now have 1 less thing that holds me down…and to not worry about my hair is such a huge weight off my shoulders because I became obsessed with it for so many years.

Check out my pics…The last 3 pics I posted a few collages that I made also showing how my hair has progressed from months 2 vs 3 vs 4. The top is 2 months, bottom left is 3 months and bottom right is 4 months...when you look at it in this light you can really see the differences!!!

One final note…I owe this all to Dr. Rahal…for those on the fence you HAVE to consider him…his results speak for themselves! It literally is the best decision I ever did for myself. He is a true artist and I can’t wait to show him my results when he comes to NYC!!!

DSC01319.JPG.743ef34ab3e2c41e721fa44760893f66.JPG

DSC01332.JPG.70a41b70c2fbd8256b7fb40cc29a4aad.JPG

DSC01340.JPG.fb894f2d411cbc4ae987de8077e9b2b2.JPG

DSC01341.JPG.da7b2e1078ca83af5012610e2d9c47bc.JPG

DSC01343.JPG.348e291977584342e88ba5b404225719.JPG

DSC01345.JPG.50d88887d2bd1d66c243d6e3e97e7b23.JPG

5b32d2362c18f_2vs3vs4Left.jpg.5149652667cdc20524e651949e1a83aa.jpg

5b32d2363bb36_2vs3vs4rightside.jpg.2371269c84075902effa4fe88071cb9a.jpg

5b32d23653210_Frontdown.jpg.6d13549ebb62fbb4ddb15884e19eb2e8.jpg

WOW :eek:, you look great Capelli. Definitely getting in some nice growth. It's getting better and better. The grafts are really starting to sprout and your hairline especially your temples are coming in very nicely. They look very even in growth and very natural. It will continue to get thicker and denser.

It definitely must be a great feeling to avoid the excessive toppik. Things are looking great and we know it's only going to get better and better. Your only at 4 months and you still have an tons of time to go.

Thanks for all the updates. Very happy for you. Happy growin.:)

Thanks Sean! Your hair is looking amazing too!!! I am sooo glad I did my temples...they make such a huge difference and are coming in very nicely and it really is framing my face! You going to see Rahal in May when he comes to NYC?

Thanks Sean! Your hair is looking amazing too!!! I am sooo glad I did my temples...they make such a huge difference and are coming in very nicely and it really is framing my face! You going to see Rahal in May when he comes to NYC?

The temples are KEY I think and you made the right choice by getting them done, especially for the type of hairstyle you are rocking right now. They definitely bring everything forward and give you a clean cut sharper look and your hair styling options expand greatly. In your pics, everything looks on point and even. That is what is very important. I think you'll have an outstanding final result. Very happy for you.

Thanks for the compliments as well. I'll be posting another update real soon.

I'll be seeing Dr. Rahal in NY on the Friday when he's here. If you are there that day, you'll probably see me. :)

Cap.

Looking great man.... Good talking to you again. I will be posting my 3 months in a couple of weeks!! I love the pics of the 2,3,4 month progression. I'm gonna do the same thing!! Tell the good Doc Newhair says hi when you see him in NY. I think the wife and I may vacation up through the New England states and I may drop by and see him!! Keep in touch buddy.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Wow-looks good. I read that it was in an area of 65 CM2? That would be over 70 grafts per one CM2! That is really dense packing and should produce a great end result. DId Dr. Rahal say how many grafts you have left if you lose it in in the back?

Thanks everyone...I'm really excited...especially considering that HT are supposed to begin taking off at the 4 month mark! It is amazing how it can change your confidence.

Davis91-Thanks for your comments...He did about 60-65 ish in the front...then blended behind it with like 55 ish...then 50, 45, etc. The goal was to dense pack the frontal hairline which is where I suffered the most. He said I had a good donor area in that it was dense/thick and still had plenty for any further procedures. I am trying to avoid them as I have been taking Propecia for about 11 months and started Rogaine after my HT.

Looks awesome from above. Your first cm hairline still looks to have a lot gaps where growth hasn't started but I'm sure they'll break through soon.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Thanks guys...much appreciated!!!

Hairfusion: Thanks...I would love nothing more than to retire my new hair in the Rahal Hall of Fame! lol

Bonker: There are still some gaps but at 3 full months it is quite the result thus far. I def intend on having the gaps grow in in the next few months. How is your HT going? Hopefully you r recovering well!

Yes I'm sure they'll grow in but my point is you've got great coverage so far when it's early in the game and you clearly have a lot more new hairs to grow as oppose to most other rahal precocious hts that max out very early which means if you've got a effect like this with 50% growth imagine what it will be like in a few more months with the other 50% and maturing.

I'm ok thanks just coming up to 2 months now and still in the doldrums.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker

Not quite sure I understand what you mean by most other Rahal patients max out very early. I really don't think this is a true statement. I think he has some impressive results early, but I certainly wouldn't call it maxing out.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Hi nhp, I said most precocious rahal patients that max out early not rahal patients mate. And the point im making is he hasn't maxed out in terms of growth I think he has quite a lot to come through still hence the reason I mentioned his gaps in the hairline and that I think he has probably another 50% growth.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Looks amazing so far Capelli! I don't know how Dr. Rahal makes hair grow so fast post op. He must dip the grafts in some kind of magic juice!! Almost all the cases I've seen of his go through the dormant phase very fast compared to others.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D