Average cost of FUE

mb30

While I understand you pay for what you get in terms of quality surgeons etc I'm curious to know what the average cost would be for 3000 FUE grafts?.

Ive been quoted ?13000 euro which seems a slightly excessive :confused:

I wouldn't say that's excessive. Its not the cheapest either but you would probably pay more than that at some clinics. The clinic I used in Europe would probably charge 11,000 euro for that amount of grafts.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Ive had a few quotes for 2500-3000 FUE grafts which have been between

?6000 - ?9000 euros so I was a little surprised when I got a quote for ?13000 but I do understand theres different prices with different surgeons and I would much prefer to pay more the first time to have it done properly.

Thanks for sharing, Dr. Charles!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

13,000 euros equals almost 17,000 U.S. Dollars, which is pretty darn good for 3000 grafts via FUE. I've seen FUE prices in the U.S. anywhere from $7 to $10 a graft.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13,000 euros equals almost 17,000 U.S. Dollars, which is pretty darn good for 3000 grafts via FUE. I've seen FUE prices in the U.S. anywhere from $7 to $10 a graft.

That seems high to me, i had a consultation with Nuhart a year ago to have more work done and was told i didnt have enough elasticity to do another strip so they suggested an FUE case, i dont remember exactly how there pricing worked but they seemed pretty reasonable. I didnt end up doing it cause the wife said enough was enough

Have you looked at how much Dr Keser charges Mb30?

His results look very good on (link removed by moderator - see Terms of Service) but I don't know enough about the clinic to recommend him and he might still not be suitable but just a suggestion.

Gatsu has had very good results on here from him so maybe you could mail him and ask him some questions regarding him and his clinic.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 3 weeks later...

I charge 8.00/graft and after spending all day doing a larger FUE I wish we'd charged way more....FUE is hard on everyone, me, my graft removers, and the patient laying face down for 5 or 6 hours.

I do hear from prospective patients about every other week, that 2 of my local competitors are doing FUE for 3.00 a graft so there can be considerable variability in pricing....but likely variability in the punch size as well.

As in all hair cases, the patient/consumer should do good research prior to making a decision on whether FUE vs strip is the best choice for them, and then to inquire about the doctor's, that they are considering, experience with the technique they desire.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...

That's far too much to pay MB30.

3,000 grafts FUE + a flight of around EUR 800 would be approximately EUR 7,800 where i went in Istanbul.

I paid around GBP 4,500, or EUR 5,700 for 2,800 grafts, but my flight would only have been EUR 300. That's everything, flights, accomodation, pre car, surgery, meds, post care pack, pick ups and drop offs etc...

There are many tax relief benefits in Turkey, so the rates are cheaper and they are very advanced in FUE.

If you need any more info, feel free to message me and i can run you through it all. I'd happily help you save EUR 6,000 !!! (you can buy me a beer with the savings ;) )

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

FUE Cost really varies...

Here prices of my top FUE doctors...

Dr. Jose Lorenzo: [Euro 6 (first 1000 grafts) Euro 4 (after 2000 grafts to 3000 grafts) Euro 2.5 (From 3000 grafts and above)]

Dr. Bisanga: (EURO 5 per graft up to 1000 grafts and then its EURO 3).

Dr. Feller: ($10 per graft- Flat rate) (Most expensive)

FUE prices these days in reputed clinics are ranging from $7-$10 per graft, In my opinion any FUE costs above $8 is too much to me.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

First of all, I also lose hair. I have checked several clinics in Istanbul, Turkey. I am a travel agent and I also arrange hotel reservations and airport transfers for clinics in Istanbul.

For FUE, in Istanbul they charge different rates per hair graft. There is only one hair clinic so far I know they charge for operation. It doesn't matter how many hair grafts they will transplant. Hair Transplantation fee is 1250 Euro. I witnessed one patient had 1200 Hair Grafts because Doctor refused to get more as his head's back had no good condition. Dubai guy told that he had an operation in Thailand. I also saw another turkish guy had apprx 4000 hairgrafts. Doctor in this clinic doesn't increase the price offer as I found it very "resonable". Every day roughly 10-20 people are having operations. Most of them are from Middle East Countries. I asked If I need an operation. He told me that no, original hair is always the best. Use these tablets, maybe mezotherapy. If he was eager of money, I think that he could recommend me to have the operation. so I trusted him. In my mind I have checked several clinics in Istanbul. If you decide to have a FUE operation, make sure that team is experienced. 13000 Euro is a lot for an operation in Turkey. Most expensive clinics can charge maximum 3000 Euro in Turkey. Hotel costs are low. I saw a lot people who had operation and came to Turkey to have another operation.

That doctor told me that your backside will give an opportunity you to have 4-5 times hair transplantation. One operation and then after 6 months another operation.

In western countries it might be a normal price but after I talked to patients of that doctor, I think so it is a very expensive price offer.

LIbero1978

This is one of the reasons why i chose to have the work done in Istanbul, the surgeons never seem to push you into anything to get money, they just want to do the best work they can to fulfill your requirements.

In Turkey, the cosmetic surgery business is, and always has been big. As a result, the surgeons work very hard to be the best and get the best results. They know that if they do bad surgery, their career in Turkey would be ruined, so never do anything to damage that.

The reason for the cheaper prices in Turkey is due to a)Government benefits/tax relief to promote international medical care and b) because there is internal competition within the private clinics to bring the patients in.

I was skeptical about travelling to Istanbul for my HT at first, but after speaking to the surgeons and seeing the facilities and results, it was the best choice i could have made.... and was considerably cheaper than elsewhere :D

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

• 1 year later...

Far cheaper in Turkey and India.

Apart from a couple of pioneers, American prices from the 'old school' FUE guys are excessive and a designed to reflect FUE as a 'special boutique' procedure for 'special' people with 'special' charactersitics. Its all a croc. FUE suits anyone. Wehn it became apparant to these guys that FUE would boom, out came the the Feller punch, designed to make FUE easier and prices to fall? Oh how hard they fell!! Lol

Then we have the laws that make America technicians rather less hands-on, forcing the doctor to punch the grafts. As well as the robots and machines that make their own hype and prices to justify them.

Nothing is cheaper than an army of techs rotating on your head - and yet, what a risk- something that you as a consumer, by shrewd deduction has to find out all about. I find it extremely difficult and get stumped by the way things go. Remember things change too.

Edited by scar5
Messy

turkey has by the far the cheapest prices for fue. dr demisroy charges $1 euro/graft, dr dogonay and dr erdogan charges 2.5 euro/graft is im not mistaken,

thne there are the belgian docs. dr bisanga $5 euro for first 1000 grafts and $3 euro after that. dr feriduni - $5 euro for first 1000 then $4 euro after. dr rahal in canada charges $8/graft. certianly north amercican doctors are highest price, very likely due to high costs in north america,

Do not think a reputable clinic could stay in business here in the states at those prices.

dr.charles,the way the economy is presently,most people are looking to buy quality cheap,look at walmarts in canada and the states,the way things are going more and more people will be outsourcing their ht,some with excellent results and others with mediocre ones,but i do understand your point of view.

Here in the Carolinas we find many patients have trouble affording FUE cases. For this reason we feel it is more important to move the hair that is needed, and to keep the per graft pricing low. ($4.00 per graft for the first 2000 grafts, $3.00 per graft for grafts over 2000). Since our clinic only does FUE, we keep staffing to a minimum, and it seems to work for both the clinic and patients.

• 3 months later...