I'll be going for my military service for 6 months.Thank you all.

azazelgs

Tomorrow, I'll be heading to my military service which I'll be there for 6 months. In Turkey, it's mandatory to go to military after you graduate university. If you have lower degree like high school or such, service time is 15 months.

I am hoping that I can keep my current medication treatment (proscar everyday, minoxidil twice a day and nizoral everyday) there. I know nothing about military service and I am really in mixed feelings. In Turkey , people believe that men start to loose hair in their military service. I started loong before that but I'm really scared that everything's gonna be worse.

So, I guess I won't be allowed to have internet access (cell phones are not allowed also). I created this post to say goodbye to everyone and hope to see you all in May. I'd like to thank all of you Bill, Joe , Spanker , Sean and others I forgot to mention. You guys showed me that there is always a hope out there, even in my most depressed times. Again , thank you and bye!

You should still have your hair in six months. If you you can't use them while serving, you will have the rest of your life after that to use your supplements and shampoos. Good luck and be safe.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

The military, especially in Turkey, is very stressful I imagine. It would have been nice if you could have switched to Dutasteride for a month or so. That way the long half life would have you covered for a while. Best of luck to you!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thank you so much everyone!!

As right now I'm literally counting time to go there and soo nervous. On the other hand I'm happy that I took this step because it was always an obstacle in "big" decisions in life like marriage (not that I'm planning:)), business calls, settlement and of course.... a ht!! When I come back, I'll seriously consider and plan both financially and mentally about this.

Azazelgs, Good Luck buddy. Hopefully, you'll be able to use the medication/treatments throughout initial physical training.

I don't know how the military works in Turkey, but I was in the military in the U.S. I had to go to an initial 3 month physical training course. For me personally, they wouldn't even let me bring a pack of chewing gum from the outside. They banned everything basically. That could have been due to the branch of service I was in too, U.S. Marines (they don't allow anything from the outside). But After that point, and when I became a Marine after 3 months of training, they allowed me and gave me privileges of owning other things. At that time, I was not even on finasteride or rogaine or anything for hair loss, but I think I would have been able to use it only after initial training if I wanted to back then. That was back in 2001.

You are on the right track with using the medications and I think that will help stabilize your hairloss. Most guys get their heads shaved too in the military initially. So, it wont be that bad. Unless you keep hair a little longer and most of the time you might be wearing a military uniform with a cap.

Whenever you get that chance to do so, use the proscar and rogaine. I am sure you will be alright. 6 months will go by so quick, unless you decide to stay in. Keep your head up, stay motivated, and no need to be depressed about hair loss. There is hope and there are treatments and technologies available to stop it/reverse it. Best of luck and be safe.

Edited by Sean

Good luck and be safe. I would think that you will be able to have any pills you bring but the minox may be a little harder to pull off.

Good luck and be safe.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm on the same boat as azazelgs. I ship to boot camp for the AF in January. I'm aware that you can take your propecia prescription and you will be issued a military approved propecia.

As Spanker said minox wouldnt be an option.

I dont mind shaving my head, it will reveal the HT scar but its the least of my worries...