Finesteride is it worth it??

lukeyb1687

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today on my weekly inspection for my hair I noticed something remarkable....EVEN MORE little white wispy hairs!! They're starting to grow in around my peak and also my temples are brining home a lot of little guys and they have slowly got darker!!

Although I still notice that my crown has thinned dramatically since I started Fin I'm still holding up hope that this will be sucessful and regrow those hairs...although it is a little disheatening at times, but I'm only 3 months into taking Fin and not expecting any huge dramatic changes till the 12 month mark. I'm still taking 5mg a day with 0 libido or sexual side effects. I am still having minor breakouts...however I'm not sure if that is beacuse of my lack of exercise right now and diet. I am changing my supplement intake I am going to be adding 10000mg Vitamin D and 4000mg MSM to my regime.

Pic to follow soon!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

So I am having severe breakouts with the finasterdie 5mg/day dosage.

I'm also taking 4000mg MSM, 5000mg Vitamin D3, 3000mg Cod liver Oil and also a multivitamin.

See below for pictures of my breakout. Will up load some of hair loss shortly too.

Still however no negative sexual side effects,

IMG_4983.jpg.65e90bc6b6ebc94993cb09baa67bc418.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg.d43012bf2ba5c0514ac1350b6a61e95c.jpg

Follow my progress:

5 MG daily? that is crazy but fair play to you man. Finasteride gave me a load of spots of my back and chest. Acne/ increased spots from finasteride seems common. Do you think it's simply a boost in testosterone?

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
language

Fin,

Please remember to keep the language appropriate. Offensive terminology is a violation of our site's (agreed upon) terms of service. Thanks.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks lol! I am thinking about reducing my dose to 2.5mg every day or maybe every other day. It could be that I need to restart my gym regime to work the testosterone....I'm honestly super mad that I look like a teenager again.

How about yourself fincarred?

Future_HT-any thoughts on finasteride and acne?

Follow my progress:

Thanks lol! I am thinking about reducing my dose to 2.5mg every day or maybe every other day. It could be that I need to restart my gym regime to work the testosterone....I'm honestly super mad that I look like a teenager again.

How about yourself fincarred?

Future_HT-any thoughts on finasteride and acne?

Finasteride gave me very severe permanent side effects. I quit the drug two years ago, so i don't really have any view on finasteride apart from it being quite a dangerous drug.

It definitely can cause acne/ spots too. It's likely to be from a boost in testosterone or maybe even increased Estrogen. Higher levels of Estrogen in men do a lot of undesirable things. A lot of things can cause Acne but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you are using a hormone altering drug and you suddenly get acne - then that drug is likely to be the culprit.

Edited by Fincarred

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that you expereienced such negative side effects.

I have noticed ALOT of regrwoth on my left temple (Pics to follow tonight) and some on my right but I see new hairs arriving in my currently hairline and further (the little whispy white guys)

My skin has started to clear up because I changed my regime for skin cleaning and it's really working, Hopefully a couple of weeks it will be done.

I have also reduced my does to 2.5mg a day for the past week, taking it in the morning rather then at night too. Still taking 3000mg of MSM, a mutli vitamin, 10,000mg of Vitamin D and 3000mg Omega 3 fish oil capsules.

Overall the hair quality of my hair has become nice and shiny, it's thicker, looks fuller and in general I have very little shedding in the shower or when I brush my hands through my hair viciously!

Looking forward to the next few months! The area's that expereinced shedding have become less noticable too!

Follow my progress:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally some updates! I must apologize for the delay in updates!

The shedding has finally stopped. I do not see any hairs in the shower or my hands when I run my hands through it! Yay!

As you can see in my pictures there is a lot of small growth (some thin white wispy hairs) especially in the Front Right of my temples! Can't wait to see the hair thicken out even more!! Reduced my dosage of Fin to 1.25mg a day and the Acne has certainly recessed and begun to clear up.

More updates to come next month! Will cut my hair shorter too

5b32d0bce5410_FrontLeft.jpg.d9fd18b9c306056dcee04409420788e6.jpg

5b32d0bd06b91_FrontRight.jpg.ded6f4f7147fe132228616dc3d52d344.jpg

5b32d0bd19d9a_LeftTemple.jpg.c8f512afebaeb9dae8ab0f7b7ace53f3.jpg

5b32d0bd27541_Righttemple.jpg.324a4212e985150d2383599238533741.jpg

Follow my progress:

• 2 weeks later...

im really worrying about starting im 27 and my hair looks ok, but when i wet it and hold mirror up its deffinatley changing for the worst, seen a online pharmacy in the UK i can have consultation with, i did naively buy some generic fin over a year ago, but was unsure as to the authenticity so i binned them

Byron- Do you have any photo's? Have you consulted with any Doc's regarding your hair loss?

Nothing wrong with generic Fin :D that's what I take. But I can understand your skepitcism if they were bought online.

On an update note- Some little thin whispy guys have become hard and prickly! However I am on an antibiotic medication for my Cycstic Acne...which conicedently started the same time I started Fin. I am taking the decsision to stop taking the Fin whilst I am on my antibiotics and hope that clears everything up. I will then restart Finasterdie in Feb when I am off the antibiotics and will see whether Fin really is the cause!

Even though the Dermatologist told me know way Finasteride would cause the cystic acne and he thinks it was Biotin, I want to stop for a couple of months just to make sure.

Follow my progress:

Hmm iw ould get a second opinion as I believe as a paitent you haev the right to go for brand or generic....someimtes you can get a prescripion for the brand and ask at the pharmacy for generic.

Which country are you from btw?

Try living in the UK and getting it, they only prescribe propecia which is 1mg finisteride which cost ?44 for one month supply. Day light robbery!

Try living in the UK and getting it, they only prescribe propecia which is 1mg finisteride which cost ?44 for one month supply. Day light robbery!

www.alldaychemist.com ship to the uk, its about $1. something per 10 tablets. Dont pay those ridiculous prices.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

Byron:

I am not in medical profession. It is my feeling that its always better to start with low dose. If I can make a recommendation, it would be to use 1 mg than directly going with 5 mg. I personally use fin.

Good Luck !

so basically going with the 1mg is to make sure your body can handle it?... and do you need a prescription off a doctor? because my doctor is a large lovcal one and id feel uneasy asking for it

Very, very few people take 5mg of finasteride. What is much more commonly done is to buy the 5mg pills and then cut them into 4 pieces, having one piece each day. This is much cheaper than buying the 1mg pills.

As for feeling uneasy about asking for finasteride - don't. It is extremely common. One of the biggest steps you can take in overcoming hair problems is to understand that losing hair is very very common and that most of the treatments are common also. I've been to many doctors to pick up finasteride perscriptions and about half of the time the doctos have told me that they are taking it also. Losing hair is not uncommon and nothing to feel uncomfortable about.

I would like to get on it, but so many horror stories out there.

I personally wouldnt like my 5-alpha-reductase enzyme deleting for life, which is what some people are finding, even years after coming off the drug.

lol, no offense, but if you're silly enough to pay those prices then it's your own fault for not researching.

You can get the generic drug a lot cheaper online.

I bought a years supply for 200 pounds a few months back

lol, no offense, but if you're silly enough to pay those prices then it's your own fault for not researching.

You can get the generic drug a lot cheaper online.

I bought a years supply for 200 pounds a few months back

200 pounds!, I think you also need to research some more!

100 1mg tabs are about $12 at alldaychemist..................

I'd give that go if i were you.