TakingThePlunge 1 yr post op by Dr. Alexander

Many of you have been following TakingThePlunge's hair transplant journey. Here are pictures from start to finish. Let us know what you think of his transformation.

Surgery 1: 2516 grafts

(pictures show pre-op and 1 year post-op)

Surgery 2: 1833 grafts

(pictures show immediate post-op, 1 year post-op, and scar 1 yr post-op)

5b32ce2297724_BDapreop.jpg.815c4c82b77133c9fdfbea6829d55bea.jpg

5b32ce22a4e12_BDbpreop.jpg.a268999205edd6facf9bd676f9f0fdfc.jpg

5b32ce22b6844_BDcsurg1postop.jpg.9b8b5c90d920575ecf6c79104c94adc4.jpg

5b32ce22d0b20_BDdsurg1postop.jpg.7dd5bb4e60362bb6f0420056a8476d00.jpg

5b32ce22e29e6_BDesurg1postop.jpg.4ce75d274b67b6d5a485de16e0574f3a.jpg

5b32ce22ee5dc_BDfsurg2immpo.jpg.19ad0be842ea8d75675624daaad5ac2a.jpg

5b32ce23081c1_BDgsurg2immpo.jpg.a4ee186055d1f89e36bead0fc7cd5041.jpg

5b32ce231a7a0_BDhsurg2postop.jpg.37f90acb6cd6139cbbb2159e9df8ca62.jpg

5b32ce232bda5_BDisurg2postop.jpg.bfd7ce5ad50ccf3e878fefbeb4039920.jpg

5b32ce234262e_BDjsurg2postop.jpg.3290156b75c031f384719c10136bb6c9.jpg

5b32ce235b128_BDksurg2postop.jpg.77c888f72c306c9f8ccf8d438943317d.jpg

5b32ce2368b1a_BDlsurg2postop.jpg.e8327cd64cf7a9a6dc8ff3c29edd66c6.jpg

5b32ce238528c_BDmsurg2scar.jpg.ee1dcea9cdf71f1911d60b808cbc03dc.jpg

Great result doc.

I bet TTP must be thrilled, from what he was to who he is now after both surgeries.

What parts of the scalp did you cover with the 1st op? was it the entire scalp or just the front?

I assume the 2nd op was to add density

Edited by aseda1979

Dr. Alexander,

Thanks for posting these!

aseda1979,

You can see a pretty detailed account of my first hair transplant on my hair restoration site. The link is below in my signature. All my grafts have been in the front third. After experiencing lower than expected density the first round, I went back for a second pass.

In addition to adding density, I wanted to augment the original hairline a bit. I'm much happier with the new hairline. The density on the right side is still a little less than I would like and I would still like to reshape the hairline a little but, overall, I'm very pleased.

A third hair transplant is not in the budget in the foreseeable future. Especially given that I would prefer not to have another strip surgery.

Thanks for your comment!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Vincent,

Thanks! I feel that my crown responded pretty well to medication. It really appeared to be on its way out prior to my first hair transplant. Dr. Alexander recommended finasteride and minoxidil at that time and things have improved quite a bit. Upon inspection, Dr. Alexander stated that there is a lot of fine, light hair in my crown that would probably be long gone had I not opted to medically stabilize my hair loss.

I plan to take some pics of my own this weekend and update my blog.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

A definite improvement! Plunge you look so much better now!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Taking The Plunge I wanted to compliment you on how nice your transplant turned out, Dr. Alexander did an exceptional job and you should be extremely happy.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

Thanks again for all the comments and support!

I have to say that, "hair greed" aside, I've always been impressed by my hair transplant in terms of its natural appearance and the quality of my donor scar. These characteristics are representative of and a testament to Dr. Alexander and his staff's skills and experience.

I think it's important to note that I was not employed by HTN until well after my second procedure. Thus, I did not receive any special treatment from Dr. Alexander beyond that which he extends to each and every patient.

If anyone in the Phoenix Metro area is considering Dr. Alexander and would like to view my results in person, I'd be happy to meet up in Scottsdale and answer any questions.

After so many years on the fence about hair transplant surgery, the procedure has changed my life for the better. I wish I'd done it several years earlier!

Dave,

Congratulations on a very impressive transformation and a great head of hair. Thanks also for all your hard work in helping this large patient community find real hair restoration solutions and the best doctors. You are a true asset to this community and an inspiration to hair loss sufferers worldwide.

Best wishes,

Bill

It definitely is a long way from where you came. Would you say that you low yield on the first ht or did you have high yield and it just wasn't what you expected?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Bill,

Thank you! It's been a pleasure having the opportunity to serve this community!

Spanker,

I believe my yield was lower than expected. Dr. Alexander also agrees that this was the case. I have no idea why but, as we all know, it happens from time to time. In fact, even after the second procedure, not all the grafts grew in on the right side. Dr. Alexander estimates that another 200 grafts could potentially help and I may opt for a small FUE session down the road.

• 2 weeks later...