After 7.5 months.5932 grafts by Dr Hasson.state .

I've been following your case since day one. You've come a long way.

You now have a hairline. Before it was very thin coverage all over the scalp but thats it. Now you've got coverage, a hairline & the density is building up.

Hearing that Dr Hasson has been supportive to you is very comforting for anyone looking to have surgery with the man.

I'm genuinely happy for you. You've got at least 5 more months to grow and then more months to mature

It's definitely coming slowly but surely. You seem a lot more relaxed now which will help you. The next few months will be exciting for you i'm sure of it.

Have you been using any minoxidil since you had your transplant?

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Aman,

I do see an improvement, albeit a small one. It's certainly coming very slowly for you buddy. Considering the magnitude of your procedure, I think it's best to just wait this one out. I mean, each update does look better than the previous one, so let's hope for the best.

Also, I'm glad to know that your doctor is there for you. Stay positive.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

You still have plenty of growth and maturity to come. I remember after 8-9 months having a serious growth spurt. I also can tell you that the overall quality of your hair will begin to improve. I bet it feels very brittle right now, right? I recommend you continue to let your hair grow. Also, you're not doing yourself any favors with that hairstyle. Try spiking it up a bit; this will give your hair more depth and layering. Also get some good product like a paste or clay.

And it's nice seeing you posting in a less frantic manner. Are you feeling better about things now?

OO.jpg.754f680b1a8581e4b733a88247c7e09e.jpg

5b32ce11d12d7_1(5).jpg.d30b3efc065ee9e639299eb7a4ec3312.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Good comparison pics there Hairthere. Yes, there is some definite improvement. Maybe not what you imagined or hoped for at this point, but there is an improvement for sure. Hang tough.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron, I think what HT patients need to realize, especially ones with high NW levels like aman, is that there are several components that make for a aesthetic impact post-op. The grafts really do take a full year to all grow out, and then mature. And the maturity phase continues for up to 18 months. That change in hair caliber and quality really makes a huge difference in the overall density. Then, as I mentioned to Aman, hairstyle plays a tremendous role. Of course, Aman could always have a second pass which would ultimately make the latter less of an issue and give him even more styling options. Aman, take a look at Aaron's hairstyle--that "look" is an ideal one for someone who has had a HT. I'd say in another month or two you could pull off a similar style.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Aman, Pls use Nanogen or Toppik, trust me it will make you stop thinking about and time will run fast for the one year evaluation. I love these concealers especially the first.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Aman,

There is most definitely improvement from month to month. I know how disheartening it can be when the results you are seeing do not meet your expectations but given that you still have months of additional growth and maturation to come I believe that your results will ultimately be acceptable given your advanced level of hair loss. Hang in there!

I also agree with Hariri, you ought to try Toppik or Nanogen. They will help you get through the remainder of the growth phase.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

this is nothing towards you aman, but if this transplant and results so far,were done buy say mhr,bosley etc.i believe forum members woud absolutely be responding in anegative way and probably demanding patient get his money back .just a thought

this is nothing towards you aman, but if this transplant and results so far,were done buy say mhr,bosley etc.i believe forum members woud absolutely be responding in anegative way and probably demanding patient get his money back .just a thought

I personally have never seen any regular forum members demand or recommend money back at 7.5 months. It would be a pretty daft thing to say given the fact we all know it takes at least 12 months for a result.

To be fair i've never even seen a newb say something like that either!

Why do you raise this point is that what you'd like to say but you know it's a daft thing to say your self? Also who is that statement towards?

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

"This is nothing towards you aman, but if this transplant and results so far,were done buy say mhr,bosley etc.i believe forum members woud absolutely be responding in anegative way and probably demanding patient get his money back .just a thought"

As bonker stated, it makes no sense at 7.5 months to demand anything back. However, if his immediate post-op pics showed something was amiss, I would agree. And if your point was true, here's the difference: we would give a clinic like H&W the benefit of the doubt based on the countless awesome results they have produced. MHR and Bosley have a terrible track record...

The amount of grafts aman has had is a lot but so was his loss and space to fill. We need to keep this in mind at 12 months too.

My thoughts with aman from the very first month was he wont be done with 1 op anyway to be honest but I am interested in what effect he gets with this op and by rights it should be significant. When I look at the comparison pictures hairthere posted I realise how far aman has come so far.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I've been following Aman India's case from the beginning,in my opinion he will get a good result,his new pictures shows growth all over the transplanted area,there are much more growth and maturity to come in the next 5-6 months,sometimes maturity even continues until 18th month.some people grow slower and he seems to be one of them.

I had 2600 grafts to frontal third in 4/10 an then another 2600 or so to the crown in 4/11. Even after a year, I am seeing some thickening and improvement at the frontal sites. You will probably not see the final thickness and results until a year and a half. I know the waiting and uncertainty results in a lot of anxiety.

Glenn

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...