What does everyone think about this quote?

"People that lose their hair are viewed as less powerful and more suspicious," says Epstein, who has surgical and consultation offices in South Florida and New York. "It's also seen as a measure of virility."

Do you think it is right for doctor's to put this into people's heads that might already have a self confidence issue? Ironically, before my procedure I had all the confidence in the world. Now it has disfigured me and ruined my life.

quote from:

Halting Hair Loss

By: Allison Van Dusen

I recieved alot of email and meet alot of people. Some of my good friends are bald. Many of them have the more confidence with people with hair. Its all a state of mind in my views. I never tell anyone to have a hair transplant. There is nothing wrong with losing your hair its natural.

Some people like myself it bothered me so I did something about it. For other its doesnt bother them and good for them. I dont like it in any business when you use a persons insecurities to sell your products. Whether is home security, life insurance or hair transplants its all the same thing.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I agree with the above. Some ppl are insecure with or without hair and also vice versa of course and trying to sell you something because of your vulnerability is almost criminal. I've recent heard things like that, you're balding, I can help you, I know what I'm talking about and I can give you that respect again etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, getting hair back would certainly help one's confidence but it's not the make all or break all of life.

Sorry to hear your experience, if you could meet with a reputable surgeon for advise, that should be a step forward.

I recieved alot of email and meet alot of people. Some of my good friends are bald. Many of them have the more confidence with people with hair. Its all a state of mind in my views. I never tell anyone to have a hair transplant. There is nothing wrong with losing your hair its natural.

Some people like myself it bothered me so I did something about it. For other its doesnt bother them and good for them. I dont like it in any business when you use a persons insecurities to sell your products. Whether is home security, life insurance or hair transplants its all the same thing.

Imo that is 100% correct and a perfect answer. For me i unfortunately need hair to be confident.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Less powerful - maybe.

More suspicious - hmm suspicious how??? Not sure what he meant with this.

Different people = different level of tolerance.

Me personally it effects a great deal. I guess I'm after my dad, coz he still wears his hat whenever he goes outside and he is 60+

I don't know if there's any fact or psychology study behind that quote, but regardless of its truth, its pretty manipulative and seems to be trying to lower people's self esteem for the sake of attracting business. Not the classiest move.

People with hair loss are more suspicious? Suspicious of what? What does that even mean?

I don't like it at all. Somebody tell Randy Couture, Ed Harris, Mike Tyson (ok, Mike is a little suspicious), Bruce Willis, Sean Connery, Micheal Jordon, Dick Chenney, Samual L. Jackson, Dr. Phil, George Foreman, Shaquile Oneal and Hulk Hogan that being bald makes you less powerful.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

usedandabused, you cannot keep surfing the internet looking for anything that you can to attack Dr. Epstein. I remember your case well, and I truly feel awful for you, but this cannot be healthy for you. Perhaps you should seek out the care of a mental health professional to assist you.

"People that lose their hair are viewed as less powerful and more suspicious," says Epstein, who has surgical and consultation offices in South Florida and New York. "It's also seen as a measure of virility."

Do you think it is right for doctor's to put this into people's heads that might already have a self confidence issue? Ironically, before my procedure I had all the confidence in the world. Now it has disfigured me and ruined my life.

quote from:

Halting Hair Loss

why don't you just sue him?

or make an accurate website that gives an account of what happened?

that can get your story out there

quote from:

Halting Hair Loss

Stupid thing to say. It is a personal decision to have a hair transplant or other means to obtain hair. As was said earlier in this thread, there are tons of people without hair that are very confident. Its purely a matter of choice. :confused:

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

More suspicious? Less powerful? Whomever this guy is really wasn't thinking very much when he said what he said. Most powerful men are older and older men are more likely to be impacted by MPB.

• 3 weeks later...
usedandabused, you cannot keep surfing the internet looking for anything that you can to attack Dr. Epstein. I remember your case well, and I truly feel awful for you, but this cannot be healthy for you. Perhaps you should seek out the care of a mental health professional to assist you.

you do not have the first idea of what i have been through in my life so don't make suggestions on what I should and should not do. This is an open forum and a relevant topic. I feel that there are some physicians that are preying on insecurities and selling procedures that are not in the best interest of the patient, and further more, are ruining people's lives like mine has been ruined. I am not attacking anyone, just sharing PUBLISHED documented information that might be relevant in someone making a lifelong decision.

That's not an encouraging thing to say especially to someone experiencing hair loss. He may still be living with the idea of the early days where a full set of hair means "authority", "class", etc. That doesn't apply these days. There are a lot of famous people sporting a bald head and they look good with it and they're confident. Doctors shouldn't prey on people's insecurities. That is just wrong and sad.