Dr Umar 7500 grafts by fue, norwood 7

HairToday72

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HairToday72,

Looking good! This is one of the cases I'm really looking forward to following. Thanks for updating!

Happy Growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Holy crap man! 7500 FUE grafts in 5 days. EPIC! I'm definitely interested in seeing how this turns out.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hairtoday,

I think David (TakingThePlunge) hit the nail on the head - I cannot WAIT to see more updates!

Congratulations on the procedure, and thank you for sharing the results with the community. As I'm sure you're well aware, this is an extremely interesting and exceptional case, and I'll follow it closely! Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks guys. I was wondering if anyone knows if i am likely to shed anymore grafts at this point or if thats all behind me and uphill from now?. must admit I wake up every morning and straight away check whether the hair is still there.. have been seeing some hairs in the sink this week :-s

To answer your question Frankyknuckles, Ive been shaving the sides down to a no.1 guard on the clippers and leaving the top alone.

7500 grafts out of NW7? That's great!! And it's looking very good!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I must say, this is one of the most interesting cases (if not the most interesting case) I have ever seen on the forums!

Umar's work looks excellent, methodical and well planned considering this patient's circumstances pre-HT. It seems as though the goal here was to use FUE to redistribute the hairs from the donor in such as way as to provide equal density over the entire balding area, so that the patient could acheive a "look" popular today with a very close shaved head. The only negative I can see is that the patient will always have to keep the hair extremely short to pull it off; but considering where he was and what he's been through, if this can be acheived it will be Nirvana indeed!

BTW, how much of this was BHT ?

"HairToday72" -- man, I sincerely wish you the best of all outcomes! You've been thru the mill and this could truly be some karmic justice for you and give you a sense of closure from all the years of abuse you've endured from society.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty impressive so far.

Have you considered buzzing your entire head to a 1 or 2 guard? I think it would look great while you let the rest of your hair grow in!

Thanks for keeping us posted, I haven't seen any transplants of this size being regularly updated.

Thanks mac1,

Ive been thinking about it, I'm a bit nervous though as the hair is patchy and the surrounding hair is camouflaging it. As the new growth is very slowly starting to sprout I will haveta do something. I might start with a higher grade on the clippers and work down!

Hi,

As other have previously mentioned this procedure is quite the original forum turner, I have alwaus been skeptical of Dr Unmar's results, just personal reasoning.

I am very intrigued to see how this one pans out.

Good growing to you my friend.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Well, you are out of the 3 month hole which is the hardest. Hopefully the next three months you will start seeing substantial growth. It actually seems you already have somewhat of a head start.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

HairToday -read your story buddy. I feel for you buddy. i started losing hair at age 19.

Must congratulate you for your courage, and Umar for your initial results. You're looking great buddy. Will be watching your progress closely. Wishing you the best!

Thanks Jayc, i really appreciate those comments.. its a waiting game right now and not much change at the moment but hopefully will have more to report soon.

Having read your threads I hope your research is going well and you have found a way forward for your situation and i wish you all the best with it. I would be interested to know how you get on.

Edited by HairToday72

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Just a quick question

Still got some numbness on recipient. Read it's rare at 4 months but possible an can last up to a year.

Anyone got any view on this? To be fair I had to have extra numbing during surgery which might he something to do with it

That is a great case and thank you for sharing!!!

I just dont understand one thing, You were a slick bald nw7 and you went on avodart, minox and nizoral 4 months before your surgery. Was it a doctors advice or you started by your self?

I dont understand why on earth to be on such a regime if you are already nw7?There is no nw8 as far as i know :). Is there any explanation for this? sorry for the questions but the biggest reason i wont opt for a transplant is the strip scar and the need for medications. Yours is a good case to watch for many of us with advanced balding who dont want stip scars or antiadrogens(most cases we see here are woh results on people with little balding, that is not so hard but what happens down the road is the problem).

So i am trying to understand if it was the doctors recommendation even in this stage of hairloss or your decision for this regime?

thank you in advance