Reccomendation in Ireland

dubhair

Hi,

I had a FUT procedure 3.5 years ago carried out by Dr.Bisanga in Belgium. It was very successfull and I am now left with a really decent head of hair(I had one other procedure carried out by the late Dr.David Saegar in Canada in 1998, a complete success and the man was a genius). Im happy enough with what I have but still have some recession that I would now like to do something about. I am thinking of FUE because I probably only need 300 grafts approx either side.

Its not a major procedure so I am thinking of staying in Ireland this time. Has anyone heard anything about Arte Novi Clinic in Dublin. Samuel Van Eeeden is one of the surgeons there. They are priced to compete with other European clinics and if they are decent Id ideally prefer not to have to travel. I spoke to the doctor and he said that they will not have to shave the area which really suits as this will mean less downtime(what is the normal downtime for FUE). He also said they use the 'safe' method which means less transection damage.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks

Dubhair,

While I've never heard of either of those surgeons, nor do I know of any recommended hair transplant surgeons in Ireland, I did want to invite you to take a look at our recommended hair restoration physicians in Europe. We recommend an excellent set of physicians, several of whom are well known for their follicular unit extraction (FUE) work. Please feel free to ask any additional questions about specific surgeons. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi

Small world indeed. Just browsing and see you enquired about the Arte Novi Clinic in Dublin. Yes, I had a FUE done in 2010 at this clinic in Dublin. Must say was a brilliant experience and I was certainly taken aback by the professionalism and the service I got from day one. I had more or less the same amount done advertised and I just bought a voucher - great price and much less i paid..hehe. Nevertheless Dr. Nel performed my FUE surgery on my receding hairline and I went back to work 2 days later and to this date nobody even hinted at a transplant done. He did not shave my hair and I could comb my hair forward for a few weeks to cover up the redness of my skin and after 4 months I had a great result to display...then people noticed and was amazed!!! The team in Arte Novi was great and an i can only highly recommend the briliant service from day one. Dr. Sam van Eeden is his partner and great guys to chat. They are highly skilled and up to date with the latest!! The FUE is a great procedure and not even my barber could find any of the spots on the back of my head!! I can highly recommend the procedure. Great team, great docs and fantastic results.

Cheers

Peter

Dear Sparky. I appreciate your advice, but I regret that you would give an uninformed opinion on a reputable site like this. I see you are part of the hair restoration network and really should not have passed a biased comment like that?? regrettable. I know a lot of people who had their treatments done at this Clinic with great results. As a matter of fact I was referred to the Clinic by a number of Clients who had the procedures done in the same Clinic. On a positive note, why don't you rather contact the Clinic in Dublin and get at least one good Clinic in Ireland on your Network!!!! I see you have no Clinics in Ireland listed on you membership doctors and clinics. Will be great to see representation in Ireland on your site. Enjoy your site - keep it up.

Regards

Hairsaint

Like Peter, I have used this clinic and must say that based on previous experience, these guys are the best I have dealt with. For starters both of the surgeons (Dr Sam & Dr Andre) are registered medical doctors who have a real passion for what they do. I got two previous transplants done (one in the London and one in Oslo) and was left with bad scarring on the back of my head which I was not warned about in advance which prohibited me from having short haircuts (smiley face on the back of my head) as well as providing mediocre new hairs.

The facilities in Malahide are second to none and you would have to be impressed with them. I was nervous about the price for such surroundings but was amazed by the value offered. Straight from the initial consultation, I was made feel welcome and everything was explained in a straightforward, no nonsense manner. I needed surgery to the scalp and as well as getting this done they managed to make the two existing scars almost invisible (by joining them in the extraction). The procedure was effortless and I was back in work on Monday (having had it done on the Saturday). I would absolutely go back and highly recommend this clinic and am happy to answer any questions other members might have...

Dear Sparky. I appreciate your advice, but I regret that you would give an uninformed opinion on a reputable site like this. I see you are part of the hair restoration network and really should not have passed a biased comment like that?? regrettable. I know a lot of people who had their treatments done at this Clinic with great results. As a matter of fact I was referred to the Clinic by a number of Clients who had the procedures done in the same Clinic. On a positive note, why don't you rather contact the Clinic in Dublin and get at least one good Clinic in Ireland on your Network!!!! I see you have no Clinics in Ireland listed on you membership doctors and clinics. Will be great to see representation in Ireland on your site. Enjoy your site - keep it up.

Regards

Hairsaint

This isn't my website, I just post here.

Edited by Sparky

Dubhair since you have already gone to Dr. Bisanga and are happy I would definately go back to him. Understandable nobody likes to travel but its ony a 1 hour flight. Sparky is this your website now ;)?

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I think you might be right. They never did get back to me. I thought it was a bit odd that two guys should have such glowing reports about a clinic that, in all my time researching, I have never heard of(the clinic by the way is only about a 20 minute drive from my house). Anyway I have decided not to take any chances and to go back to Dr. Bisanga.

• 1 year later...

Hello there all. Sorry to resurrect a dead post but I thought I could pitch in here and anyone who arrives here through random searches will have an other opinion to look at.

So this is my first post on here, I'd say I'm like a lot of people, I browsed this site a lot but never made a profile, I have since had my op and have decided to write a little, maybe I can help give some info for anyone else in Ireland.

Ok so if you want my full story you can click on my profile, I just got to the stage where I didn't want to go bald and knew I had to make a decision.

I looked at all the clinics here in Ireland, e-mailed them all (got very poor e-mail response) the only one who got back to me with any proper info was Arte Novi clinic. I have a personal rule, if a company/individual can't/won't respond with an e-mail in this day and age then they don't deserve my custom, how can they possibly be considered modern when they do not respond to e-mails!

I got quoted a price which was very good, for same number of grafts in HRBR it would have cost me €16,000 more! Being unemployed at the time it was an easy decision.

The clinic itself was amazing really luxurious, actually really surprised me, I was very impressed. Like what the other two guys said the staff were super friendly. Felt at ease almost immediately.

Dr. Sam Van Eeden was great, extremely friendly gave me great confidence in a major decision I was about to make.

Got 2600 FUE grafts. Surgery was done all in one day, as I said I didn't work at the time so recovery for me was quite easy, I took the time that was needed and tried to rest as much as I could.

3 months on and I think that it was best decision in my life.

I would wholeheartedly recommend anyone to go here. If anyone wants they can PM me.

I'm also gonna upload a few pics (seen this was requested from other guys)

I'll e-mail the clinic and see if they have some before & after pics, and get them up in next few days.

Thanks for reading.

Hi Hairybaldy,

Congratulations on your HT and its good to hear that you are satisfied with the results. I would seem to be in a similar situation to you before you had the HT and at the moment my hair loss is even such that its knocking my confidence.

To the best of my knowledge up to now the HRBR clinic and Hair Transplant Ireland were the only clincs in the Republic of Ireland...up until I saw this thread. I emailed both afore mentioned clinics pictures of my hair loss and was quoted a price for a HT which was beyond my means. Hence I have provisionally booked a HT in an Eastern Europen.

I would be most interested in finding out the cost per FUT and FUE at the Arte Novi clinic and their pricing structure if you could provide me with such please? I would ideally like to get the procedure done here in Ireland but costs are prohibitive to me with the two clinics I was in contact with. I have being told I will need 2,000 to 2,500 grafts as it stands.

I would also be most interested in viewing your before and after pics if you have available.

Many thanks in advance Hairybaldy

John

you have to be joking, they are just shills, ah, you all probably are.

I think you're right. Mr Arte and Mr Novi are making some phoney posts. Why don't they just cut the bull and post some proven results - could it be they don't have any?!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

That was desperatly obvious dodgy posting. Why clinics do that is beyond me.

The only clinic posting decent results in Ireland is Dr Maurice Collins at Black rock Hair restoration. They did James Nesbitt and a couple of other B List celebs from what i seen.

They are seriously expensive though and out of sync price wise with other top clinics.

That was desperatly obvious dodgy posting. Why clinics do that is beyond me.

The only clinic posting decent results in Ireland is Dr Maurice Collins at Black rock Hair restoration. They did James Nesbitt and a couple of other B List celebs from what i seen.

They are seriously expensive though and out of sync price wise with other top clinics.

HRBR have an impressive set up but at EUR10 a graft FUE they are very expensive.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hey all, I did upload some photos, on my account if you go to photo album you should see them. Should I post them here on this topic too? Is there a way you can link photos already uploaded to a topic?

As for Arte Novi, they do have photos on their website, it's just their website is confusing. It took me a while to find the images here, they really need to improve their webpage as it is hard to navigate. I got to this link not by clicking "hair restoration" (which one would assume would lead to hair restoration pics...) but by clicking services then hair restoration then a tiny little link says "click here for images" crazy I know.

Johnwest, I will pm you about prices I paid, and a little info. I have some photos on my profile page. I need to get more and a more up to date recent one. I'm bout 3.5 months on from mine now.

Johnwest, I will pm you about prices I paid, and a little info. I have some photos on my profile page. I need to get more and a more up to date recent one. I'm bout 3.5 months on from mine now.

Many thanks Hairybaldy; Had a look at the photos you uploaded and I think they look pretty impressive, even though they were photos of the early days following the the transplant.

Look forward to receiving further information from you by PM, very much appreciative Hairybaldy

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I am considering this dr. because he is recommended by the AHLA and the IAHRS, so I found a little unsettling that the discussion in this thread is rather skeptical about him.:confused: I signed up hoping to get more information. I did find two other threads on the web, but with little or no information at all. Here at least I found a few reports... Don't get me wrong, I understand it is important to recommend caution, but I find this hard to reconcile with the dr.'s credentials. He may not be the most experienced surgeon, but with his training he should at least be a safe choice, right? Does anyone know more about how the two certifications are granted and if there have been any issues in the past with certified doctors?

The other two threads I found on the web focused on other therapies he performed, which I feel is not relevant to his skills as a HR surgeon, and included a brief report from a barber, which was not flattening but also a bit vague. (the links are very easy to find when searching for the doctor's name.)

Any comments and advice are very much appreciated. :)

Edited by looking4info
Grammar

Hi looking4info. As far as I know there is an exam involved to the that accreditation from ABHRS and the IAHRS. There are only 8 Surgeons in the whole of Europe with that qualification. And they all seem to have stellar reputations, I mean Bisanga & Feriduni are always talked about on here as being among the best. To be among that company you must have some good skills, I can’t imagine ABHRS or IAHRS would risk their reputation by recommending someone who is not a top surgeon, it would not make sense for them to do it.

Try contacting the company they might be able to put you in touch with past patients or a patient advocate so you would not have to pay consultation fees. If money is not a problem for you, go and have a consultation and meet the Dr. yourself, your own opinion and judgement should be enough.

Hope this helps some what. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Thank you hairandbackagain. I do believe the dr. is a top surgeon, and he did actually offer me contacts of previous patients (he replied personally when I contacted his clinic by email). Maybe they just need a little more time to gain reputation online.

I will probably not follow up with a consultation, but that's mostly because I am going for a clinic for which I won't have to travel too long a distance, given my current location.

Where is your current location if you don’t mind me asking (you can pm if your don’t wanna disclose here). I based my decision on basically the same things I wanted it to be in Ireland as I live here :) (easy for follow up) and I was impressed that the surgeon himself actually got back to me as opposed to automated service or just no reply at all!

If your from USA you have many options, UK or mainland Europe you have a few options. Ireland we are restricted, but glad to know we have at least one surgeon who is in top 8 in Europe :D

Happy hunting