Reccomendation in Ireland

dubhair

Hey 67, Blackrock did some good work on celebrities think they did Louis Walsh also. For me I mailed them and did not get a reply so I already had my doubts when they did get in touch I was quoted €10 per follicle. I was told I would need 2500 follicles so that would be €25,000 way outta my price range, that’s about all the experience I had with them.

Edited by HairAndBackAgain
spelling

I was also considering this doctor for a transplant at one point until I came across some negative media reports online. They are not connected to his hair transplant work but they did make me think twice:

Doctor told to stop injecting patients with his

Top doctor hands back

However, like other posters on this thread have said; if he is a member of IAHRS it has to stand for something.

• 2 months later...

Hey all, random pop in from me, sorry but I just can't get time to be a regular poster. Is anyone going to the open day that the "MHS Clinic" are having? I saw it advertised on GrabOne apparently you save like €801. Personally I would prefer a transplant over SMP but it might be worth a look. Has anyone got any experience in SMP? I live quite far away from Dublin so to make this open day it would be a push for me.

What's the chances someone wants to go and report back to the rest of us :D?

One of the before & after pics looks great (guy in blue top).

Thoughts on SMP?

Irish surgeons would be a big risk.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I really think you need to do some research. I live 10 mins from there. I might pop down for a look.

I will do research, I'm not one to jump into something, been thinking about HT for well over a year now, cheers for concern. It always impresses me how together everyone on this site is, always looking out for one another.

I have 2 friends who went foreign, 1 to Sweden 1 to Turkey, both regret it immensely. Swedish surgeons left him with a god dam awful looking scar on back of his head, he can't wear hair short anymore. In Turkey the guy said he wouldn't even go back to the country never mind the Surgeon! He felt lied to and taken advantage of (something about number of follicles/hair) he said surgery was dirty and biggest mistake he ever made...

Hence my reluctance to go abroad.

Keithh, it would be awesome if you went down and reported back for us, I live too far away it would take my full day just to drive there and back.

Research and go abroad to a surgeon where you can read numerous testimonials from reputable sources about their exeriences, pre op pics, post op pics, final result pics etc

There are dodgy clinics all over the world but if you research you'll be able to weed out the bad ones and find the good ones. There are excellent ones in Turkey that are also cheap. Basically spend 6 months on this forum and you'll find the surgeons that keep cropping up in (positive) discussion.

Or choose a doctor close to home that no-ones heard of and hope for the best! Even a great surgeon is still a risk, so why maximise that risk by going to someone who potentially ISN'T great?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon