another armani hairline

Guest josh - b

Guest josh - b

18 y.o

i apologise in advance as i know this is the most talked about topic on all hair loss boards and many people are probably sick to death of hearing about it but the link is to an 18 y.o with very minimal recession who's just had 2500 fu densely packed into his hairline by the great dr A.

This guy could easily be a norwood 6 at 28 with a densely packed teenage hairline.

He believes that a positive outlook will keep his hair.

U get the impression that dr A would dense pack a 10 y.o's hairline if it wasn't illegal to do so.

Squeezed alot of grafts into such a small area. The kid was barely receding. Was it Armani specifically who did this? Damn. Thats awful young to make a decision like that. Shouldnt have happened at all. Hope his new look lasts but at least he said he knows he will likely be spending more $$$ in the future.

lol, unreal -- to the point where it's actually kinda comical....hope for the best in each individual, of course, and I do feel bad for these patients as a whole as they are being bamboozled, to say the least. It can be aggravating talking to people who want so badly to buy into something of such epic falsehoods and hype, but at the end of the day they just want the best, and are putting their young, insecure, panic'd trust in the hands of a DR.....

Btw, an Armani rep gave my little sis' his business card by the local sandbox last week -- apparently, 3000grafts densely packed into her temples would do the trick for the .3mm recession.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I do agree with them, to an extent, concerning that statement. In the past 15 years I think there have been major advancements in HTs, and in the next 15 I strongly beleive there will be more to come; and, the next round of breakthroughs will most likely be of even greater proportions as it will surround solving the issue of donor supply.

I think (and I am sure some would disagree) considerations of future treatments at his time is a viable factor to use in how aggressive, or conservative, your gameplanning can be. I wouldn't use as it as the backbone for getting an HT done, but I don't think it is altogether insignificent factor. Again, it doesn't in and of itself compensate for densepacking an 18 year old NW2.

If some people want to gamble it up, so to speak, -- so long as they are fully informed and aware, and get the consent of a legit doctor, I don't think it to be a travesty. I personally wouldn't bet the farm on the future treatments, but I am no doubt inclined to be a bit more bold moving forward.

My biggest problem w/ *many* (not all) of these Armani patients is that it is being done by a doctor who seemingly would operate on a 10year old if she could pay w/ Mastercard, and it is to patients who CLEARLY don't have the maturity and/or knowledge to be making an informed, rationale decision.

IMO, of course icon_smile.gif

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Seeing such a young hair loss sufferer undergo this kind of surgery upsets me.

2500 grafts is a lot to densely pack into the hairline, especially on someone so young who could quite possibly lose a lot more hair.

Typically, those who start losing hair at very young ages are destined for greater hair loss than those who start later in life.

Assuming this patient has high hair growth yield (though I have great reservations in general about FUE megasessions due to the lack of online visibility and consistency), this patient will look great for a period of time.

But what happens in 5, 10, 15, 20+ years?

Inevitably, balding men who are destined for greater levels of hair loss (NW5+) will surely run out of the finite donor hair supply long before the entire area can be covered.

Those who are less impacted by hair loss (NW2 or3) will most likely turn out ok if they can commit to the financial investment of covering the entire area.

In my opinion, this Armani clinic should have never performed surgery on this patient and may have potentially caused him a great disservice.

Bill

Work looks great but I hope this guy realizes the possible future pitfalls of this strategy. when I was 18 I maybe had a slightly receding hairline. By the time I was 24 I had lost a ton of hair. Keep in mind we did not have propecia but the point is progressive loss can come at anytime and quite fast..

All in all it is thinking short term on a long term problem. This is not being a pessimist rather a realist

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guest josh - b

The couple of people i know that started receding in their teens were completely bald by their mid to late 20's. I'm not saying that this will happen to this young patient (who knows?) but the fact that this 'doctor' gave him a permanent youthful teenage hairline with a blatent disregard for his future hairloss pattern absolutely disgusts me.

karma will strike back

Unbelievable!!!

This kid probably still lives at home with his parents.

I started receding at 18 and by 27 I was a norwood 5/6. I hope this young lad doesn't suffer that sort of hairloss for his own sake....

2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08

3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07

I'm 20 and I'm not gonna lie I can't help but feel just a bit jealous.

I honestly think the hairline looks too good and even looks kinda fake, kinda like the whole jamie foxx thing. It looks like a black man's hairline was put on a white man, and from what I can tell this kid's got the scummy wiggerness to go along with it(look at the crappy chain on his neck).

Even though his hair looked just a little bit worse than where I am right now at 20 years old it seriously looks unneccesary how much his forehead has been lowered.

Oh well, I'm sure this is gonna bite him in the ass one day and make him afraid to be seen in public and at least I don't have an acne problem like him haha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus Matt, sour grapes huh ..

icon_biggrin.gifGive the kid a break . We are all desperate when we start losing our hair..

I hope it doesnt come back to bite him. Remember, we are all on the same side.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Jesus Matt, sour grapes huh ..

icon_biggrin.gifGive the kid a break . We are all desperate when we start losing our hair..

I hope it doesnt come back to bite him. Remember, we are all on the same side.

You know what I agree with you. If he can actually pull this off in the long-term it might give hope to myself and others on here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Provided the hair grows, the minimal scarring associated with FUE probably will allow these guys to shave their heads if need be in the future. If they progress to a NW5 and on, and have poor donor areas, rendering them unable to place a cosmetically significant amount of grafts into the back half of the vertex and crown, they will probably just look like Zinedine Zidane, a perfectly acceptable look IMO. As far as anyone knows this is his natural balding pattern. Some guys do retain a somewhat juvenile hairline and lose it elsewhere. It's not common, but it happens.

zidane.jpg.764ddd537c950614eb9eecbe0b31ff77.jpg

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

A good, but mostly unspoken, point to consider. It all comes down to a fully informed patient who knows the ins and outs of their procedure and it's potential consequences.

My main gripe with cases like this is not even that it is a super young guy is getting an HT; or even that it is a super young guy with super minimal loss; so much as it is a super young guy with super minimal loss getting an extreme quotage of grafts for a procedure with results that are speculative at best, that defies his best interest.

-----------

Originally posted by Matt Skiba:

I'm 20 and I'm not gonna lie I can't help but feel just a bit jealous.

I honestly think the hairline looks too good and even looks kinda fake, kinda like the whole jamie foxx thing. It looks like a black man's hairline was put on a white man, and from what I can tell this kid's got the scummy wiggerness to go along with it(look at the crappy chain on his neck).

Even though his hair looked just a little bit worse than where I am right now at 20 years old it seriously looks unneccesary how much his forehead has been lowered.

Oh well, I'm sure this is gonna bite him in the ass one day and make him afraid to be seen in public and at least I don't have an acne problem like him haha.

I think the hairline looks racially inappropriate too.

how is armani unethical honestly? you people say hes so horrible when he flat out most likely tells u what the hells gonna happen? how is that unethical he shouldn't have to give a shit what you look like in 15 years if hes told you the consequences are. the guy owns a business, if i was HT doctor id let whoever wanted a hairtransplant if they flashed mastercard at me too.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Guest josh - b
Originally posted by Jupiter:

if i was HT doctor id let whoever wanted a hairtransplant if they flashed mastercard at me too.

...and thank the heavens you're not a ht doctor icon_eek.gif

seriously though.....you are a qualified idiot.

He does have a point though. In a world where capitalism is God, it's hard to hold people to the standards that some of us find "ethical". You reap what you sow. I know when a person is desperate for a solution in this instant gratification society, they may be swayed even if they know the problems the future may hold. However, in the end, it is elective cosmetic surgery.

I'm not saying it's not morally reprehensible. It's just that from birth we are taught to make money, so it's kind of hard to blame him for giving a patient what they want even though it may bite them in the ass in the future. A conscience isn't part of business.

Guest josh - b
Originally posted by WeAreCured:

I'm not saying it's not morally reprehensible. It's just that from birth we are taught to make money, so it's kind of hard to blame him for giving a patient what they want even though it may bite them in the ass in the future. A conscience isn't part of business.

Wearecured,

I'm confused.

You on the one hand admit that the practices posted in this thread are morally reprehensible but then you defend the practioners of such unethical surgery, laying blame on the patients because 'they want it'.

Believe it or not there are many patients who have never browsed through hair loss forums, have never researched properly and who have blindly put their faith in surgeons, confident that the 'expert surgeon' knows best...and consequently there are many tales of disaster told here.

Also i disagree on your statement regarding a conscience not being part of the business...a conscience is part of the business. Sure its not a prerequisite for admission to the ishrs but but almost every universally well regarded surgeon has been shown time and time again to put the patients best interests at heart.

It ain't all about the almighty dollar