another armani hairline

Guest josh - b

A conscience may or may not be a part of "business"; it clearly is, however, a part of being a "doctor".

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by josh - b:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

if i was HT doctor id let whoever wanted a hairtransplant if they flashed mastercard at me too.

...and thank the heavens you're not a ht doctor icon_eek.gif

seriously though.....you are a qualified idiot.

im a qualified idiot? Grow up for one, two you don't know shit about a hair transplant compared to a doctor, what YOUR uneducated ass thinks means nothing, and a doctor is not unethical if he tells you your gonna need more surgeries, and for the people who do no research at all, wow don't be so naive.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

josh-b,

seriously though.....you are a qualified idiot.

A bit more couth may have been called for here.

Josh and Jupiter,

There's nothing wrong with a healthy discussion. Questions and disagreements are permitted here. I trust the debate can stay on an intellectual level without resorting to more insult.

Bill

Bill

Guest josh - b

Bill,

u are of course absolutely right. Personal insults are uncalled for.

Jupiter,

pls accept my apologies for referring to u as an idiot.

I'll rephrase...your comments are idiotic.

Hair transplantation is a completely unregulated business and there are countless souls who have been through the mill at the hands of greedy, unscrupulous doctors.

Your defence of the 'if you've got the money , i'll operate' philosophy of some docs and all hair mills is completely reprehensible coming from what i assume is a fellow hair loss sufferer.

But I think..

IT is up to the person not to blame the Dr. I am sure Dr Armani would have told the guy about the future n stuff than again the patient decides if he wants it or not.

I just had to add my bit icon_smile.gif

k

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

Il give you a quick example why I have a problem with Armani. He dense packed a friend of mines hairline and the only reason he agreed to that is because Armani told him he has between 14000-16000 availabe in the donor if he has any future loss. I see the guy everyday and I can already see a thinning appearence in donor. In my opinion not only does he overpack areas to makeup for less yield but also grossly overestimates the donor supply .Hell if I was told I had that many available I would fall for that BS also.

PGP,

Il give you a quick example why I have a problem with Armani. He dense packed a friend of mines hairline and the only reason he agreed to that is because Armani told him he has between 14000-16000 availabe in the donor if he has any future loss. I see the guy everyday and I can already see a thinning appearence in donor. In my opinion not only does he overpack areas to makeup for less yield but also grossly overestimates the donor supply .Hell if I was told I had that many available I would fall for that BS also.

I think we should reserve further discussion of this case for if/when he decides to share his experience and photos. He is, of course, encouraged to do this.

Best wishes,

Bill

Your right ,but I will say one thing and that is things ARE suprisingly looking positive for him. He has started to let his hair grow and its quite evident he has much more then 2 months ago ,along with quite a few wispy ones. I will admit next to Shapiro I loved Armanis strip results and though not appropriate for me and my norwood level I always liked his dense hairlines ,so Im not bashing him. I just dont understand how he can tell someone they have an average 15000 available grafts even after a small strip and medium fue session. Maybe I missed something .Has that number been grossly underestimated for years? I hope so! Im almost positive youll get a complete update at month 12,especially if things continue to improve but your right its up to J to post .

PGP,

I'm glad to hear things are looking up for jimmy. Hopefully he'll share his results and photos when he reaches 12 months.

I agree with you about the 15,000 average available donor grafts. In my opinion, some (but very few) patients may have that many donor grafts available, but this is the exception and a far cry higher than the average.

Bill

Im drunk with hair envy...

How does Armani get so much density all the time? If you look at the first case, the guy didn't have that much native hair left; only 3,200 grafts and THAT much density?

anyone else think that is a ridiculous amount of density given the pre pics and the amount of grafts moved? Wonder if the pics are misleading with the lighting or something...

Maybe the fact that there aren't any top down shots of the first guy helps explain some of this.

yeah that last guys hair looks REALLY sparse AND he had all of it strip. The FUE was just for the scar.

I know Alvi gets great density with strip but HOW? I mean, 3,200 grafts is 3,200 grafts. The density in the first case looks TREMENDOUS.

I wonder if it only appears to be that dense because we don't have a good top down shot?

Regarding the first case, I think the pics are totally kosher, though they don't tell the whole story...The grafts went into the frontal 1/3rd (actually very similiar to my HT, though he had temple work, and his area looks a bit larger) and were feathered in terms of density as they went farther back; grown out, everything is then pushed forward and into the middle in the hairline. He also did have a pretty strong lot of native hair in the middle area of his hairline to begin with

Nonetheless, it is a very good result, but I'm not the biggest fan of the documentation, as a whole; one thing is that it would be nice if top-down shots were shown pre-op and post-op.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Originally posted by HT55:

Here is one comparison. 3200 strip vs 3000 FUE by the same DR. The strip patient had WAY MORE hair loss to start with and I would guess he would have been quoted 5K FUE.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id...endario|gallery1.cfm

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=paperbag|gallery1.cfm

I know the FUE case is only at 6 months, but you can so obviously see the huge difference between the density of strip vs. the density of FUE. I would be incredibly pissed if I had to pay more for a procedure that didn't work nearly as well. For Armani to stop doing strip procedures and go FUE only is clearly a business decision. If he really had the patient's best interest in mind he would offer both and let them decide. I wonder if he tells patients that the density and overall quality of FUE is equal to strip? That's the only way I think a patient would rather do FUE and pay more, if they believed the results would be the same but no scar. Or they're total pussies and don't want to do strip for that reason.

Damn, I've never really seen a direct comparison between strip and FUE from the same doc like that. For Armani do go totally FUE stinks of greed, and if he's selling his patients on guaranteeing equal effect in comparison to strip then he is unethical in my opinion. But, I don't know the guy and I don't know what he tells his patients. It definitely doesn't look good though. If he offered both procedures and showed the patient both results and let them decide, that would be totally kosher, but to only offer the one that costs more and is inferior in results is shady. Plus, he's got the biggest name inn the UK.

It is elective cosmetic surgery, but that guy's a dick in my opinion. Even as a business man, he's still unethical if he's lying to patients and selling them on a more expensive procedure. He may be insanely wealthy, but he's a shitty human being if that's the case.

that's a TON of grafts for such a small area in the second link.

his hair looks somewhat thinning ALL over, yet it is difficult to say due to the length in the pre-op pic.

still can't get over what a great result that guy in the third link (on your last post) got. In his pre op pics it looks to me like he really doesn't have that much native hair.

insane result if you ask me.

I've never heard of him having graft counts on the website.

While I would never encourage anyone to go to Armani (save a 40+ year old with minimal hair loss) I have to say Im impressed with his work on patients who are around NW5's. Obviously everyone is impressed with his results from dense packing the front cm with 5K grafts on an 18 year old, but he does get amazing density for the amount of grafts he's moving on patients who have significant balding.

I wonder how he gets such density on these guys?

Maybe it's the photos/lighting? No? Seems quite dense.

I think his hair lines look somewhat unnatural though, too straight.

density is only from strip: yeah, but STILL the density seems disproportionate to the amount of grafts he's moving. no? seems to me he got EXCEPTIONAL density for 3200 or whatever grafts on a guy with minimal native hair. not even enough native hair to style...

the IF: there is no way he's telling them they can get better coverage with strip when he stopped offering it.

I've been cycling through the photos in that guys' album, NG2GB, and while I think the results are unquestionably good (though I personally don't love the hairline...but that is a matter of sheer opinion), I'm pretty sure I've noticed some "irregularities" that I beleive make it seem like he has much less native hair pre-op, and more hair post-op....like you have said, 3200 grafts is 3200 grafts, and we know where they went. All of that combined, I feel pretty confident -- to speculate -- that while his hairline, particular the midsection, is very dense, the surrounding areas are very much operating under an illusion of density.

I really wish I could see more pictures from different vantage points and styled/unstyled to confirm.

-----------

I personally didn't like the hairline design. Was it performed by Alvi himself or an associate? It was very straight and just didn't look right.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90