Thana's HT: Dr. Feller, 3k FUT, 1/8/08

A seminal moment in my life, for sure, and I feel total confidence in choosing Dr. Feller and his team. Hair loss has plauged me the past several years, truly impacting my identity, while sapping vigor....sure, some may find it to be "just" aesthetics; but, I think many of us know it is something far more reaching.

After virtually two decades of living, the person I saw when I looked in the mirror, and the person I thought to project to others became increasingly fragmented, shattering into an image that I couldn't understand, want, or beleive to even have; at such a young age, particularly, it has been difficult to find ways to cope when it is such an anomoly.

This has been a first, major step in working w/ Dr. Feller towards my "follicular revitalization".

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"the person I saw when I looked in the mirror, and the person I thought to project to others became increasingly fragmented"...

That is precisely how I feel and Im sure it resinates with all on the forum. It's so strange when you have a certain image of yourself, even a realistic one but it is from 5-10 years ago, then all of the sudden you catch that reflection in the window or in a picture someone took; and you exclaim "who the fu$k is that guy!?!?"...

I think everybody has gone through this when they start to see that old man HEAD glaring back at them in the mirror.

But, you won't have to worry about that anymore. Damn, that is a great hair line and a pretty small area to pack 3K grafts. Your gonna have a woman slaying mop for the summer time...

Thanks guys, hairloss really is a tricky beast -- and unless you are going through it, most people are so unsympathetic and uninformed. I'm def looking foward to growing well and seeing what the end result looks like. Once a month I think I will be making an update.....also, I either never asked Dr. Feller for an opinion, or I did and forgot it during the haze of surgery day, but what NW level would you say I am at pre-op? I've never actually had an "official", unsubjective opinion on this.

Anyways, just a quick update, post-op pain and bleeding has been really minimal so far heading into Day3, so the next hurdle I am looking to is the shedding and waiting...between keeping my hair buzzed tight once the staples come out and using some dermmatch I don't think it will be that bad and my paranoia and obsession over growth will be pretty tolerable! icon_smile.gif

To women slaying mops!

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Guest josh - b

Thana,

Excellent looking. I think that with 3000 fu in such a relatively small area that you're going to have a fantastic result.

Do u know what density u were given? i would assume its pretty high.

I really don't think those norwood clasifications apply in your case...sort of a general thinning all over in the frontal third.

Anyway, who cares, the rest of your hair looks strong and me thinks that in 7-8 months u will be an official non-baldy !!

thanatopsis,

impressive and excellent work.Hope you will have good results after few months.I am just curious 3000 grafts are not too much for this area? I mean if your normal hair density is not too much high then there would be impression of thinning in your existing hair after few months.

Thana, congrats on your HT, it looks extremely refined.

Your loss patern is quite strange as you crown still looks to be solid enough. Id say you must be a NW4 of sorts. Either way, 3k in the front third will have you looking dapper in 6mths time!!

Did the Doc comment on your hair characteristics. Looks like it is relatively thick with a very slight wave? Im sure that will help too.

best, gazza

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

Josh, I'm not sure what my density was, though I agree it was prolly' pretty high -- I wouldn't mind knowing, though. Also, ya, I've never been able to find even a decent fit onto a NW scale, but was wondering if maybe I was looking at it wrong. Like gazza mentioned, prolly a weird NW4.

Faheem -- hmmm, I actually have pretty good desity elsewhere...it's really my frontal 1/3rd that thinned considerably; so, I think the density will match up pretty well for the foreseeable future (?). The area wasn't huge by any means, but I agree with Dr. Feller that 3k grafts was an ideal # for my case. Time will, of course, tell!

Gazza, thx -- given how I was a difficult case (in the sense of thinned blood) it was/is amazing how dilligent and persistent Dr. Feller and his staff were in forging ahead and ensuring an optimal outcome of surgery. FWIW, he said my hair charachteristics were great -- thick, wiry, little wave, and plentiful...then again, I have a massive head so lotto area to cover! icon_smile.gif

-----------

than,work looks excellent.you are gonna be back to how you were at 15 with that many grafts!

does dr feller think propecia will take care of things in the middle and crown or do you think youll be back in the chair later in life?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Looks Great Thana,

So have you virtually been alive for 2 decades or actually :-). I take it you're 20 years old then?

It's pretty awesome that you have such refined HT options at such a young age. 20 years ago the options were pretty much SHIT. I'm sure these 3000 grafts are going to look incredible and with propecia/rogaine you'll most likely be able to stem the tide of additional loss. And imagine what solutions they'll have in 10-20 more years if you do have additional loss. Pretty cool that you have hair gowth to look forward to rather than hair loss. Best of luck!

Balody, I can't wait to look into the mirror and think "man, THIS is the person I know"...even, if say, I "just" look 20!

In terms of future procedures: despite having this procedure at a young age, based off of my hairloss' progression and type and where I remain strong, (plus having "a minimum" ~7k grafts in my donor) I should be ok EVEN IF I gotta go back in the chair later in life.... so far, propecia has worked great for me in the middle/crown, and I plan on incorporating rogaine foam 5% as well to really safeguard myself. However, there is a legit chance is still that I will be back in the chair, nonetheless, at least one more time -- I shouldn't have to even think about that though for a good 5+ years in a bad case scenario. Hopefully my wacky hairloss is the type were it really plateus with the aid of treatments at this time; but, if not, I don't feel like I've mortaged my future.

Fly, 22 years old, but my hairloss became noticeable at 20. I agree, despite having such hairloss at a young age, there really is a half-full glass to be had.....between doctors like Feller, propecia, rogaine 5% there is a mighty arsenal to attack with and the treatments will only get stronger.....between BHT, HM, and some sort of refined, more potent type of propecia lurking around the bend (granted the bend could easily be over a decade) the future of options looks bright.

It sounds sappy and a bit ridiculous, but hairloss has given me some newfound perspective on not taking things for granted; if I can get my hair back to a solid level, I really do beleive it will be like having something of a new lease on life.

-----------

Ya, I'm not in any post-op pain so I can't honestly say it's even the oxy talking....and still looking a bit ridiculous I can't even say I'm loaded on scoprion bowls because I can't go out to a trendy restaurant and order them...dillemas....

-----------

thats ok. you can make KILLER scorpion bowls at home then go out drunk with your bloody head to the bar and freak some girls out. Wear a hat the whole time, until you have them laughing, giggling, and they give you that dear in the head lights look, so you know their putty in your paws.

Then, just at the right moment, lean in and take your hat off so as to wipe the blood from your scalp. When they start screaming bloody murder, just yell: 'What YOU don't like BALD guys?'... icon_redface.gificon_mad.gificon_redface.gificon_mad.gif

Oh my, the severe laughing can't be good for my scar...icon_smile.gif.....

"so you know their putty in your paws".....

-----------

Thana,

Looks great buddy. Should have you looking like a million in a years time. I would put you at a NW4 and likely the density will be approx. 43fu\cm2 assuming that the recipient area is around 70cm2. With your hair characteristics this should work out nicely.

Keep us posted on your progress and congratulations on a great physician selection.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

So, Are you a writer Thana (aside from forums)? You do have a way with expressing your thoughts.

Congrats on your surgery. I know when you look in the mirror in a year's time, your shattered image will be gone.

janna,i was thinking the same,eccentric choice of words at times. i often have no idea what his saying.but i understood the long term plan sounds like a good one!oh and well done for showing your face!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Janna,

Something of a fledgling writer; not my current profession and livelihood, but what I hope to eventually be. Post-shattered image I'll hopefully have a more sound -- albeit still quirky -- mind and can focus better on more stuff besides my long, lost, locks!

Balody, partial credit for the face showing has to be given to me just being a computer dunce -- would prolly' have taken 10 man hours for me to figure out how to hide myself..!

-----------

None taken. This is precisely why I need to achieve the means to be able to hire a personal idea-guy. Or idea-tall-thin-darkhaired-girl so I ideas like this don't just pass me by.

-----------