Thana's HT: Dr. Feller, 3k FUT, 1/8/08

Thana,

Great results at only 6 mo...looks very natural. Good luck with continued growth.

The January pics....I've never seen better immediate post op results, so clean, no indication that you had 3000 slits! This should be put on Dr. Feller's website.

Nice work Dr. Feller.

T

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank for the comments everyone, much appreciated! The entire process has really been very smooth, thanks to the forum (all members, Bill particularly who is the bedrock), helping me find Dr. Feller (when I easily could have gone to some hack), and the continued support, especially during those fragile first few months.

tofue -- I agree, the immediate post-ops and my initial healing was pretty remarkable; and I was far from a "simple" case (due to a bit of nervous drinking the night prior when my mind just shut off).

balody -- o', I'm back, so be prepared for long weird words. icon_wink.gif

faceless -- the first shot is indeed a "before" shot; my digital camera, which I rarely use, isn't at all properly tuned, so stuff like the dates are way off.....man, look at that "before" shot! Key word "before"! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thx h-slice, my life has really been radically altered, and I can't wait to see my end result. icon_smile.gif

I wasn't ever really cognizent of experiencing shockloss (I still seemed to have roughly the same amount, and my results w/ concealers seemed to be equivolent), which is a testament to how little, if any, I did experience; however, after a while when I really tried analyzing things and comparing photos within my "vault" I do believe I experienced some minor shockloss.

Lighting, and hair placement, can play such a large role in perceived density, though; so, when I was looking at my pics I did notice a trend were some "perceived density" differences *could* be chalked up to those aforementioned variables.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Thana,

Looks like you are a bit ahead of the curve in as far as growth goes. Most patients will not look as thick as you by six months. You look great though, and as others have already written you have more to go. Technically speaking you are only at the half way mark. You will also note the kinky hairs beginning to smooth out over the next 4 months.

Thana had incredibly good hair characteristics and he is in excellent physical shape as he is a competeing athlete. I think all of this added up to his excellent result at only six months.

Continue to grow well and post your experience and photos as you do so well.

Balody,

We may have our differences, but I must say your post cracked us all up here at the office. We pull out the dictionary when thana posts and it's been a running chuckle for us since he first posted.

icon_smile.gif

Dr. F

So happy I can humor you all w/ my oft esoteric verbosity and linguisic inclinations!!!! icon_mad.gif

icon_wink.gif

Really, though, I look forward to my continued maturation and I will keep up the documentation; possibly as the final result inches closer I could try to get some video taken w/ Dr. Feller @ his office.

Also, while no doubt I've been rather "lucky" from my recovery to my (early) growth, I'm a firm believer in the concept of the creation of luck by virtue of design; one reason why I feel strongly towards, if not indebted to, the forum is that it promotes just that.

-----------

"A seminal moment in my life, for sure, and I feel total confidence in choosing Dr. Feller and his team. Hair loss has plauged me the past several years, truly impacting my identity, while sapping vigor....sure, some may find it to be "just" aesthetics; but, I think many of us know it is something far more reaching.

After virtually two decades of living, the person I saw when I looked in the mirror, and the person I thought to project to others became increasingly fragmented, shattering into an image that I couldn't understand, want, or beleive to even have; at such a young age, particularly, it has been difficult to find ways to cope when it is such an anomoly."

wow... thats a great way of putting it... i am trying to memorise it.. may use the same words when i (hopefully) get my transformation...

your transformation is amazing.. another great job by dr feller

Bahaha....well played, Bill, well played indeed....icon_smile.gif

NM, I got it copyrighted, so be carefull. icon_wink.gif Your transformation -- you will get there, I'm sure; you have the resources and thoughtfullness. Just a matter of time.

-----------

Ben,

I saw your hair blog- really good. I hadn't seen all the work you put into it. It really tells the story. The photo with the turkey cracked us up.

I'll send you the photos I took of you in Virginia and the video when I get the chance. It will be a nice addition to your blog.

You really look great.

Congratulations.

Dr. Feller

Dr. Feller,

Excellent...actually, the line I drew was the best I could do, but gives a (very) general idea. I think that taking care of the hairline, plus adding density on top, will be another nice step forward! We'd talked around 3500-3800 grafts; I'll be sure to follow the "Jotronic" scalp exercise routine beforehand...

Benjamin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

7-7.5 month update time! I never planned out a true update for this time period, but had been taking some impromptu shots and figured something would be better than nothing. I hope...? icon_smile.gif

I used my iphone for all these, not my usual camera, fyi, so that might account for a lack in what I usually consider to be high quality of pics. I'm not so sure how these pics will "transplant" onto the site, but here goes....

*a couple of the pics are taken right after waking up after going to sleep with no product in my hair and are from <7months appox; the rest are w/ a styling cream at 7.5months. I find if I had a bit of a wax to my hairline it markedly improves perceived thickness, but it gets a bit unwieldy and not worth it to me most of the time to go through the trouble. I rarely go out anyways, so.....

**hair is so malleable; my hair looks good most of the time under most conditions; my hair looks quite good much of the time under the most important conditions; my hair can look quite thin under some. Even the notorious money-shot....if I style my hair forward and just push up the hairline my perceived density is almost flawless; when I style my hair by spiking up the top it looks better from most angles, but in the money-shot perceived density is weakened.

Anyways:

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics014xk1.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics015qw6.jpg

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics016xd1.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics006sc0.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics007uz4.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics017rl5.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics018vi4.jpg

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics021ny1.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics022yl5.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=miscpics020il0.jpg

For month 8, perhaps, and definitely month 9 I will do a mondo-update with all the fixings.....wet, dry, forward, backwards, to the left, to the right, zigzagged....and, of course, copious outdoor shots, which I know I promised. My main difficulty in getting good outdoor shots is that *nobody* knows my involvement in this e-arena, and I haven't yet come up with a good schtick for a.) asking someone to take pics of my hair in various angles under the sun, and b.) how I feel about someone looking at me snap shots of my mop like a solopsitic narcissist w/ a perverse fetish for hair! icon_smile.gif

-----------

Just reviewd the pics, which I intended to just "appear", as opposed to being "clickable"....I always forget how to do this right....but ya, some of the pics aren't so hot, but I think a bunch are pretty legit and they get progressively better. Not my finest work, but such is life.

-----------

Thx dude, it has truly changed my life. HTs change our looks, but they principally change our human interaction which fundmentally changes our personas and quality of life. Since the HT I am simply a much happier person, and I consider the price paid, the wait, the doubt, a very small price to pay, for sure. Since the 6-month mark I am outside a lot more in general, and I also started working out more and playing more sports again.

The accumulation of even "small" improvements in daily living morphs into the power to make positive decisions and partake in positive experiences on the "bigger" things. This cycle has a snowballing effect. This is also why I am a rather big promoter of HTs in people who are more traditionally considered too young -- a person can only take so much and endure so much and live through so much before all those "small" and "big" things fundamentally change them. And, perhaps, not for the better....

But ya man, since I actually have started to GO OUT w/ my friends to bars, lounges, etc. etc. frequently it may be time to start stockpiling The Rise so I have the championship lasting power of The Ghost! icon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

-----------

thana,your right the pics arent that good quality.i wonder if it would be possible for mick mchugh to .......only kidding geezer!

seriously good quality or bad your mop looks amazing its plain to see.

i also love the facial expressions,i swear to god you pulled a "blue steel" in there some where.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

LOL balody.

i am almost always....judicious (icon_smile.gif) when i scan my pics to make sure there are no Blue Steels that found there way in. I think I know the pic you are thinking of though; I'd say it was more of the "huh, im a dumbass and am confused"-look of Zoolander as opposed to the all-powerful Blue Steel, but I could be wrong and there is a fineline indeed! hahaa....how are you coming along? dont grow too much hair or the jason statham references might stop! icon_smile.gif

-----------