TRYING TO PULL OFF THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Bill, if this is in the wrong forum topic feel free to move it. I wasn't sure where to put it.

So, I recently had an HT with Dr. Feller and his staff this past Friday, August 1st, 2008. The doc and his staff got a kick out of this story so I would like to share it.

First off, has anyone on here tried to hide their HT from EVERYBODY? By everybody, I mean girlfriend, family and friends? I'm just curious to know if anyone else has or am I the only freak that wanted to pull this off without ANYONE knowing except Dr. Feller and my barber possibly. I also think I may be suited to pull this off as NOBODY has ever seen the extent of my crown loss because it's been covered in Dermatch ever since I noticed it was getting noticeable. I sleep in it, I use a black pillowcase and only wash my hair and reapply the dermatch when my girlfriend isn't home. I'm so self conscious about it that not even my live in girlfriend has seen my full bald crown. So, I will continue to use Dermatch until my HT grows in, then I can ditch the dermatch hopefully or use much less and it should look the same to everyone except more natural and not a fake dermatch look.

Months before my HT I decided to come up with a story that I would be in California for 2 weeks. One week in Santa Monica with my friend Harry and the 2nd week in L.A. with my cousin Matt. Harry really is my friend in Cali, but not sure if he lives in Santa Monica. Matt really is my cousin and lives in the L.A. area but not sure if he is actually in L.A.

So, I took 2 weeks off from work with all of them thinking I was heading out to Cali and they were like "we are so jealous, you better take tons of pics!" I'm like, "Definitely, I can't wait to go and just relax on the beach and hit up the bars and clubs." Then I got the following requests for souvenirs:

-a magnet for a woman I work with (I get her magnets whenever I go somewhere)

-a Cali t-shirt for my girlfriend, and t-shirts for my son

-a Cali t-shirt for my next door neighbor

So, I'm so crazy that I pre-ordered all of those gifts online weeks before my HT and I have them now in a box here in Great Neck, NY. When I return, I will distribute them and that will give them no doubt that I was actually in California. To take it a step further, I am going to go to the local tanning salon here in Great Neck, NY the day my staples are removed (I will wear a hat in the tanning booth icon_smile.gif) and the next day. Hopefully 2 days in the tanning salon will give me that California glow. The only part of the plan that I can't cover is the pictures. I think I will tell them that I either forgot to take pictures or I jumped into the pool or ocean with the camera accidentally in my pocket!

I also researched both L.A. and Santa Monica for "things to do". I noticed that Santa Monica has a "Muscle Beach", a chess park and a bunch of bars and clubs, so that is what I'll say I did there. In L.A., I noticed that there is a Dodgers Vs. Phillies game next Monday, August 11th at Dodger stadium and I already text messaged a few friends and people from work that I will be at that game in Dodgers Stadium (especially since I'm from Philly, this will help stabilize the believability of my L.A. trip).

I know this is insane, but it's kind of fun to try and pull it off without ANYONE ever knowing EVER. The only pitfall is that my hair is shaved down very far where the grafts were placed and it's a huge area. I will be heading home next Tuesday, August 12th, so hopefully there is enough peach fuzz for the dermatch to hold on to, so that I can hide in the dermatch once again until the growth kicks in (9 months ??“ ugh!). As you can see from the immediate post op pics, this may be a tought task and I may look very bald from the back in 11 days even with dermatch in that area.

The funny part is, that I am talking to my girlfriend like 3 or 4 times a day and I have to play it off like I am 3 hours behind her time (in philly), but really we are on the same time (I'm in NY!). So, that is a tricky twist on it. So far so good with playing the 3 hour difference role. For example she called me this morning @ 10am and I pretended all sleepy like I was in bed and said it's only 7am here and I am in bed, let me call you back once I wake up.

The ultimate pitfall is if there is anyone that I work with that goes to this website and reads my post then I am definitely busted....(thinking now if anyone I work directly with is balding.....no, I think I'm good)

Finally, I'd like to note that I am not proud of this at all. I do not like to lie, but this is a circumstance for me where I feel like I have to lie because I am so self conscious about the whole thing and I don't want anyone to know I had an HT.

That's my story. Wish me luck and if anyone has any more suggestions to help me pull this off, I'm all ears

icon_wink.gif

CR

I don't think its impossible, but you are going to have to make up a story about what happened to you when you were travelling back.

Attached map will help in deciding which route you "came back".

Hope it helps

Tubs

Map_for_CR.thumb.gif.376e83ce61f0b98a1edd84e0da9c34b6.gif

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

Thanks for the map Tubs, but I don't think I have to worry about that. I drove my car from Philly to Great Neck, NY. I told everyone that I was driving to Hoboken where my friend lives and leaving my car there and then flying to Cali out of LaGuardia Airport. I said that because I said my car would be safer in his driveway in Hoboken for 2 weeks rather than on the streets of Soutwest Philly for 2 weeks (which is actually true). This allowed me to take my car to Great Neck and then I'll drive back to Philly from Great Neck on Tuesday, August 12th, pretending again that I am driving back from Hoboken to Philly icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Crown Royal:

Thanks for the map Tubs, but I don't think I have to worry about that. I drove my car from Philly to Great Neck, NY. I told everyone that I was driving to Hoboken where my friend lives and leaving my car there and then flying to Cali out of LaGuardia Airport. I said that because I said my car would be safer in his driveway in Hoboken for 2 weeks rather than on the streets of Soutwest Philly for 2 weeks (which is actually true). This allowed me to take my car to Great Neck and then I'll drive back to Philly from Great Neck on Tuesday, August 12th, pretending again that I am driving back from Hoboken to Philly icon_biggrin.gif

I hope you get away with it boy, just because of the sheer elaborate nature of that story!! icon_smile.gif

I think you can do it. The only person I've told is my wife, but I had to get her eyes done and promise a boob job....

But, something I worried about is my bank. I use a local bank that is just building their office, so they've been in a trailer. So, my buddy is the V.P. of this bank and there are like three other people who work in it. They know all their customers by name, etc.

I had to get a cashiers check and I asked them to make it to Jerry Cooley, for the $8,500 balance. I wrote a check from my brokerage money market so the V.P. (my buddy) had to approve it. So, in effect everyone in the bank knew I was sending a "Jerry Cooley" a check for $8,500.

So, I'm hopeful none of them are smart enough to google his name because it comes up as a professor first, and then "Dr. Jerry Cooley Hair Transplantation" or such as the second or third entry.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

hi mate of course you can pull it off i told everyone i was in a car crash hence the scars and the bandages then it turns out i was butchered by a shit doc so my scars were huge and my heads now fuxxed up so it truly looks like i was in a car crash just rewards for lying ha ha life sucks!!! icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

hahahahahahahaha

crown buddy , your soooooo gonna get busted , too many stories man , just toooooo many people already been decieved .

keep it simply

when I had my crown done it took atleast 2 months before I even saw any hair growing , what with the shock loss and shit .

buddy I wish you all the luck in the world and i truely hope you pull off this scam hahahahaha

mate if this works it will be bigger than the faked moon landings !hahahahahaha

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

This made me laugh out loud Crown. I think there was even an episode of Seinfeld with a similar premise, where George pretended he was going to naother country and the lie became more and more elaborate.

I understand exactly how you feel though. I've gone to similar lengths to hide from the world, though just short of what you've done.

In my opinion, you may have to end up telling your girlfriend. It might actually be a huge weight that'll be lifted. Good luck and keep us updated.

Crown i think you are mad, you are going to all that effort, lying to all the people you know and care about you and for what, fess up to your girlfriend at least, you live with her for heavens sake why are you so worried about telling her.

Do you think she is going to dump you because you are getting a ht? No she is more than likely to dump you when you cover is finally blown and you she realises how well and easily you have been lying to her all this time.

Sorry but i think you are crazy to lie to those that are so close to you, fair enough hide it from friends and work colleagues, you might find that your other half will be of great support to you over the next few months.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Crown,

Don't listen to the others! You can do this! And besides, I'm not for telling the girlfriend at all. First, please take no offense at this, but I've had girlfriends in the past that I've been very, very close with. And, sometimes things go south and all the love I felt for them didn't matter when it was all over.

So, would I hide something like this from my wife? No, but we've got two kids and mortgages, etc. together. So, I'm fairly confident we'll be together a while longer. But, things change with gf's, so I might tell her after you've been married a while and / or have some kids together. But you certainly don't want some mad x-girlfriend posting your before / afters on dontdatehim.com or something.

If she finds out anyway, she'll most definitely understand why you desired to keep it secret. Some things are just private.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Hey guys, it is elaborate and unnecessary and as I stated before, I do not feel good about all of the lies. I'm sure my girlfriend would be supportive if I told her about the HT, but I just didn't want her to know for some reason. We've been on and off with each other for about 5 years and we have a beautiful 9 month old son, but not married. So, we are pretty serious and I should've just told her but I chose not to. I think she loves me for me and could care less if I was balding or not. As most people say on here, we are our worst enemies with the view of our baldness. We care 9000 times more than anyone else does and we are super hard on ourselves.

I think I can go the distance with this Cali story with everyone and I will continue to do so for now. Then, with time, everyone will forget about the trip. Then, I can focus solely on waiting for the HT to grow in and not focus anymore on lying and covering my tracks with the California thing. Maybe one day down the road I will confess to my girlfriend and possibly my family. I can see myself possibly confessing once the HT grows in and all that weight is off my shoulders. We'll see...

WOW!!! You guys are all F-ing crazy..LOL

I understand and sympathize w/ the fact that you want to hide the fact that you had a HT. I did on my 1st one, but w/ my 2nd one I've decided that I dont want to spend my energy coming up w/ excuses. I just tell people "ya Im getting a HT" and if they say something I reply that women do things all the time to enhanse thier bodies/features, so why cant I

You're going to get busted by your girlfriend. For a moment, set aside the possibility that she might check up on your vacation story to make sure you aren't having an affair, or working for the CIA, or something.

What happens if you heal slowly, have excessive shock loss or swelling? These signs could still show, even after your two week window.

Are you going to continue using Dermatch forever? If not, your new hair will probably appear thinner than before. Then your girlfriend will think you're just beginning to bald, rather than recovering.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback and support guys, I really appreciate it.

Against all odds and at 1 month post op, I'm still hiding the fact that I got an HT from EVERYONE, well except my barber. I had to tell him because I got a haircut right when I got back into town, to try and even everything out. I tried to use concealer, but the scar was still obvious and the recipient area was obvious. I confessed to him and it actually felt good to tell someone that I wasn't planning on telling. I still have my girlfriend, co-workers, family and friends convinced that my friends shaved the back of my head when we were drunk in California and that the faint outline in the back of my head is a severe case of "hat head". I've sold the story well, but it's a pain in the ass to keep this whole thing a secret. I wish 11 months could get here sooner so that I'll have more hair and hopefully an undetectable scar and then I won't have to explain that odd line in the back of my head and weird looking crown icon_frown.gif

P.S. - The Cali story went good with everyone. I hit the tanning salon in Great Neck two days in a row right before I left and it gave me a very nice and convincing Cali glow :-)

• 2 months later...

Crown your story really hit home with me as I did a lot of the same things when I had my 1st HT. I told people I was going on vacation and of course people wanted gifts so I also ordered things online and had them shipped. I had an apartment at the time and had friends several doors down so that made things even more interesting. I would take the elevator to one floor below get off and use the stairs to my floor. I was always paranoid and drove myself to the edge of insanity. I basically hid out for 2 weeks and was a hermit. Honestly it was a horrible experience lying to everybody and trying to keep the story straight. I also did the fake tan and used the "friends shaved my head" story. I did make it through without anyone finding out but felt guilty selling a huge lie to my friends and coworkers. Hope everything worked out for you. I learned my lession and won't make up any more crazy stories like that again. For HT #2 I kept it simple and wore a hat for a while. No one seemed to care and I made it through the ugly duckling stage no problems and with a lot less stress!

Here's my story. I had a HT back in 2004 with Dr. Cooley. To this day, the only people that know of my HT are my mother (she drove me back), my father and my sister. I have been married a year now and my wife doesn't even know (I've dated her since 2000). I plan on telling her soon, but I am just so embarassed to talk about it in front of her.

Crown Royal,

I think you can do it. People are so nosey any way. And what are they going to do with the info. I would a least tell the GF and the woman of your son. But, to the rest of the people you may want to let them know after the 12 month period and all is good. Or do not say. Because other wise they...the guys could be like you spent all this money and nothing to show for a super rare reason that the HT does not produce the results.

Also, I know a guy that had a low sperm count and did he advertise it to his whole group of friends and co-worker no. You have every right to be private with personal issues.

Guest eyebrow

OK, first off, I wonder if this ruse worked. Second, I do think as a woman that knowing my boyfriend is such a good liar would bother me more than the procedure if I found out. Lastly... I'm thinking about having an eyebrow transplant while my boyfriend is out of town for 10 days and wonder if I can pull it off! How long does it take before the scalp donor site heals and is undetectable? (He likes to play with my long hair all the time...)

From what I know about eyebrow transplants, the scabs will fall off within days and the transplanted hairs will also fall out and the regrowth will not be obvious for a while. I hadn't thought much about the donor site before but now I am!

• 1 year later...

geez, as a person who is a master at the art of toppik and dermmatch let me tip my hat to you on this one.

I have been playing the concealer game for almost 4 years now and for the most part no one is the wiser.

However, you actually have concealer on while at home with your girl all the time? doesn't she run her fingers through your hair? I don't understand how you have not been busted with a live in girl up till now?

In either case good for you.

With regard to this rouse, I did something similar with everyone I work with back in the fall when I got work done with Dr Feller as well..

Not quite as elaborate that's for sure, however enough "proof" to show where I was..

I still can't get over the fact that you use concealer all the time.

I hate the fact that I have to use it every time I go out, if I had to use it 24/7 I would probably go insane!

Whenever you have a moment please update us on how you are doing

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

I have a similar story but i will cut it short

i never told anyone about my HT, i said i was off to work away for 14 days and then got on a plane to Toronto from the u.k.

i made an excuse to say my battery died in the phone and i forgot my charger so logged into MSN to talk to them instead. half way through the week i said i had to go hospital becuase i had split some harsh chemicles on my head at work.

then when i came home people said damm your head looks sore etc. and they belived me about the chemicles.

as of today everyone who i dont want to know does not know although becuase i have had poor results from the armani clinic im going to go closer to home this next time round (brussles) but tell people that im going to have some work done on my head to try and improve the dammage caused by my acsident wink wink. although the damage was caused by a poor first time transplant.

i feel less botherd about admiting it this next time becuase im making my point asif i want to correct the damage to my head and look normal again, and i feel people would understand that better than if i had a virgin scalp.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

It's possible but not easy and I'm sure you're not alone. I'm certainly guilty as charged.

1st I was run over by a bus. Not badly but just enough to have my head bandaged up.

2nd I was supposedly investigating real estate prices in Asia....for quite a while. I even set up an online virtual receptionist to take my calls. Insane.

3rd Grazed my head on "hard"?? snow while snowboarding... (good grief, can't believe where I was going with that one. Seemed believable at the time).

4th Think I could hide that one without an excuse (postage stamp FUE).

5th The attachment broke on the clippers and it gashed my head something terrible ... that was a good one. Should have sued Wahl ;-)

6th Business trip .... and then with and splash of dermatch easily hidden.

7th Same.

No one knows... they just think I'm rather accident prone.

Shanti