Eman's 7-Month Update: Denser, More Manageable and Shaved Down!

Eman

I am now officially in the getting denser and more mature (can this happen at the same time??¦j/k). Definitely beginning to see some more thickness and the manageability has improved a bit. I know, like all of you I wanted another round of ???wow??? pics??¦so maybe that is why I cut my hair down to a #2-clip because last months longer haired pics were so good.

Anyway, I took the wet pics prior to my haircut and think they look great, no sign of the scar and overall thickness. The top down pic was deleted somehow, sorry. But that pic looked really good as well. Totally natural! Swimming this summer will be awesome with no concern with the scar.

On my seven month anniversary, I shaved my head down to a #2-clip on the sides and back and #3-clip on top. Felt like giving it a try, as I was a little stressed due to my new job and having a herniated disk in my back.

Prior to the haircut, the recipient was full, the sides were full, and the back was full with no an undetectable scar!! I really like how it looks at the longer length and will let it grow out in the next couple of months.

The next comments are based on the shaved down look (remember it was with a #2-clip): I love the way the top looks short. It is full and the hairline looks completely natural. I have had some really nice comments about it from friends who have noticed how much hair I have. The back looks really good too in terms of not seeing the scar, although at this short length it still looks a little hathead-ish (which is easily resolved, just grow it out a little). When I shaved down, I thought that the hat head was due to the direction in which the hair is growing.

After further inspection my girlfriend and a buddy of mine took a really close look at the scar and it is undetectable, however the hair growing out of the scar is a different color. That is what you are seeing in the left and right side pics and the temple point pics. The darker color should change in time (keeping my fingers crossed), especially once I get out in the sunshine. Looking forward to that!!

So, love where I am at this stage and will grow out to the Michael Bolton look!?!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Hey man, I think your over-analyzing the scar situation. Its virtually un-detectable, I don't see a "hat-head" look. Besides, were hair-junkies, if we can't see it, I highly doubt the untrained eye could.

Congrats.

Right on Eman! I know we are our own worst critics but I'm also willing to bet that practically no one would take a second glance at your scar unless they were looking for it. Enjoy!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Looking good Eman. We would like for you to put that clipper down for a while and let's see some longer hair and a cool style icon_smile.gif

Agreed with others here, we all have a tendency to over-analyze things when it comes to our hair. From your pics, we can barely see the scar or the discoloration. I doubt anyone will notice.

So what are you telling people when they make the observation that you look good? icon_smile.gif I got that a few times recently when I met people I hadn't met in a few months and I chalked it up to weight loss...haha!

I agree with all of your assessments.

First- The shaver is going to goodwill and I am now going to take the route of growing out the "doo" for the rest of spring and summer--with a couple of trims only!

Second- We are our own worst critics, but I simply want to give everyone here my honest (and very biased) view of my head. I want to make sure my assessment is as honest as can be.

I do get compliments, actually a ton but still have not been directly asked if I had a HT. People have said:

- Now that you have a full head of hair...

- How did your hair grow back??

- Your hair looks really good, you are back in the game!!

- Incredible (with a puzzled look)

These are just a few. I enjoy every comment that I receive!

My initial HT thread:

Looks awesome! Your scar, or lackthereof, is truly amazing...do you chalk a lot of that up to a super successful tricho where a lot of hair has ended up sprouting from it? Top 5 scar I've ever seen -- easily one of the best.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Eman,

Your pictures are just as great as your progress. It's really nice to follow along with your updates and share your enthusiam of your result each month.

More thickening to come - nice hair cut btw.

eman - I am seriously sitting here in pure jealousy right now.

You are shaved down to a #2 and you can't even attempt to make out a hint of a scar! This helps me feel even more confident with my decision to go to Dr. Rahal. I can only hope mine turns out half that good.

The growth looks amazing! I bet youre happy to know that you can rock a buzz cut or grow it out. The options are open!!

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

Eman,

Thank you for the consistent and thorough updates and your brutal honesty in assessing everything. I find this personally really helpful, as I'm sure many others do!

As for how your hair looks right now... wow! You may want to throw in a quick 'pre' photo just to remind everyone of how far you've come. It's truly impressive. This is a stellar result!

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Eman, this is pretty impressive. You have had on of the best results out there. Early growth, undetectable scar, excellent density, fantastic!

As others have commented, your paper-thin scar is amazing, E! You must be very pleased about it! I wouldn't be worrying about going swimming either with a scar like that! Looks very blended from the back, even when shaved down to a #2 gauge! The top appears to be thickening nicely also. Exciting times for you all around!

Eman, prior to your HT, I recall that you were pretty adamant about only having a single procedure without any future HT's. At this stage in the game, is your stance still the same? Or is the all-too-familiar feeling of "hair greed" starting to creep in? Not that I'm suggesting you need more work done (far from it!) But just curious, after having gone through the entire process and the elation of receiving such excellent results, do you ever see yourself going another round? icon_biggrin.gif

eman im very surprised with your ht, very consistant and natural result, you must be very pleased, your scar is inditectable, i see guys that never had a ht with a worst back than you, eheh

And you still have a lot to grown, i hope when i do my surgery i can shave down to such a short number as you and present half of your results, you make fue transplantation look like a joke!eheh

You look (and must feel) like a transformed man. Your profile has drastically changed, giving you a much bolder/stronger look. Your case truly exemplifies the importance of a hair line to one's over all appearance, and conversely the limitations & deficiencies we all experience in it's absence. Question-- how would the density hold up if you pushed up the frontal thirdish area? Even now at seven months it appears you could get away w/a pushed forward/spikey-messy look. Any chance of some pics like this to give us an idea?

The work is fantastic & the scar is simply amazing. Congrats.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. It is great to hear from everyone.

I did add my consult pics that I took several years ago??”who is that bald guy in those old pics?? It is funny to see the difference in the pics and how much hairloss I really had. But a good comparison to see what a difference hair has made for me. Next month I will compare with my day before pics and I promise not to cut my hair for a while!

After a couple of weekends of intense summer sun, my new hair should lighten up and take some of the weird coloring I currently have (and no, I do not color my hair). My hair naturally gets blonde in the summer time- I cannot wait.

I have really enjoyed sharing my journey and have been as honest as possible, not only with my pictures but also my comments. I don't like sugar coating things in my everyday life, much less on this community. So you all know my concerns, my questions and my elation about this whole process.

And as you all know, I am super happy at where I am today and looking forward to more ahead!!

My initial HT thread: