Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

View Poll Results: Who would you recommend for a FUT procedure?
Dr Cooley 3 37.50%
Dr Gabel 2 25.00%
Dr Hasson 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 10-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Default Reviews from Gabel and Cooley

Hi All, I'm considering an FUT (both docs have recommended around 3000-4000) procedure in the near future. I've had an in-person consult with Dr Konior and if his wait time wasn't so long, i would've booked with him, with no hesitation. This has led my research to Dr Cooley and Dr Gabel both of whom are highly recommended on this forum.

I've spoken to Dr Cooley's patient advisor and she came across very professional and talked through the procedure in great detail. I also liked the fact he does the majority of his procedures without shaving the recipient area, which is ideal for me. A big tick in his box!

I've not managed to speak to Dr Gabel yet as he was away last week attending a conference.

I'd like to hear and read from previous Gabel and Cooley's previous patients and hear about their previous experiences?

Look forward to hearing from you!
  #2   Top  
Old 10-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Any reviews would most appreciated. ;-)
  #3   Top  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

Have had two FUTs with Dr. Gabel, thumbs up all the way. He cares and is involved every step of the way, my only regret is he didn't do my first FUT.

He augmented the density big time to make a happy camper, and refine the hairline.
Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016
  #4   Top  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to hairthere

I've personally met and spoken with patients of both doctors and I think you really cannot go wrong with either one. Good luck!
I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a temporary/non-permanent Scalp Micropigmentation Company in the New York area. AHEAD INK is a Milena Lardi trained clinic and uses Beauty Medical equipment and products exclusively.
  #5   Top  
Old 10-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Greetings,
I had an unshaved FUT procedure done with Dr Cooley in July 2017; I've kept my pictures and notes offline for now as I'm only about 86 days out so the results won't speak for themselves for a few more months. I will start posting what I've documented next month.
Did you speak to Lollie? She's great
As for my experience, the whole team works great under Dr Cooley's leadership. While I was awake I remember Dr Cooley being there for close to the entire procedure.
If you have any questions in particular feel free to reach out to me and I"ll do my best to answer them.
  #6   Top  
Old 10-12-2017, 09:39 AM

quick question to the mods: how does one respond to private messages? I received a pop up in my personal email that I had a message but when I get on HRN to view it the page won't load.. can someone please assist? thank you
  #7   Top  
Old 10-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Honorary Real Hair Club Member

Both surgeons produce consistently good results. As hairthere says, you're in safe hands with either of them.

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.
  #8   Top  
Old 10-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

You would be in great hands with them both, if you are not able to line up consultations with them both in person are you able to fix a time to speak on the phone or video chat. That way you can get a feel for them and they for what you are hoping to achieve.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on October 26th 2017.
  #9   Top  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotpassword View Post
Greetings,
I had an unshaved FUT procedure done with Dr Cooley in July 2017; I've kept my pictures and notes offline for now as I'm only about 86 days out so the results won't speak for themselves for a few more months. I will start posting what I've documented next month.
Did you speak to Lollie? She's great
As for my experience, the whole team works great under Dr Cooley's leadership. While I was awake I remember Dr Cooley being there for close to the entire procedure.
If you have any questions in particular feel free to reach out to me and I"ll do my best to answer them.
Thanks for your response, hope your procedure went well! Yes i spoke to Lollie and yes she was brilliant. I absolutely did not feel like she was over selling the clinic and in particular Cooley's work. I have also sent you a PM. Thanks!
  #10   Top  
Old 10-14-2017, 04:45 PM

Thanks Pete and David appreciate your responses. Definitely pushing to speak to Cooley over the phone. I wouldn't book anything unless i have at least spoken to the surgeon or met him.