My beard was over harvested/damaged by Asli Tarcan in Turkey

Had a 2nd hair transplant in Turkey with Asli Tarcan on February 1st 2024, the took hair under my chin (my beard), since then the donor area isn’t growing back. 

It was my 2nd hair transplant with them and after my first transplant 2 years ago, my beard (donor) grew back fast within 6 weeks. This time it’s not growing at all and it has been almost 3 months. I’m freaking out.
Is there a solution for this? Please see my attached pictures.

Help please! 

is this normal? Will it grow back? If not any recommendations on how I can fix it?

IMG_1976.jpeg

IMG_2048.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg

Edited by Stanley N.

• Valued Contributor

Do you have any pictures of the extractions immediately post-op?

Shockloss - if that's all it is - can take a while to recover. However, Asli Tarcan's reputation is such that it's not unreasonable for you to be concerned. They have a history of butchering people I'm afraid to say.

Just some semantic hygiene... Any hair that was extracted will not "grow back". The hair didn't "grow back" after your first surgery either, it just sounds like they did a decent enough job with the extractions such that it didn't leave your beard looking patchy. If on this occasion they have indeed overharvested the area underneath your chin, then the only way to resolve this would be to have hairs transplanted back into that area.

For now all you can do is give things more time and hope the situation improves. You'll know more definitively where you stand in two or three months time, as frustrating as that is.

• Valued Contributor
18 minutes ago, Stanley N. said:

@Berba11 May 1st will be 3 months from my surgery. How much longer should I wait to know the full results? 

The attached picture was 7 days after the surgery 

IMG_1516.jpeg

Ideally need immediate post op pictures, where we can actually see the extraction/punch sites. Did Asli Tarcan not take high resolution pictures?

Shock loss can take up to around 6 months to rebound in some cases, so I'd hope to see improvements over the next three months. You'll know a lot more by month 6 if this is shock loss or overharvesting.

• Valued Contributor

Asli Tarcan has a terrible reputation. That said you really need to give this six months to see what's going on. I've had over 8k beard grafts extracted to use with scalp hair. I don't know how many beard grafts you had extracted but it needs to be taken in a homogeneous manner and not in one central area. The good news is that you appear to have a very dense and curly beard and in the right hands I am sure in the future it could be utilized (perhaps along with body hair) to correct this IF required. Cheap surgery with problems in Turkey nearly always ends up costing you so much more in the long run.

@Gatsby Thank you so much. I am really freaking out. So far this is the biggest regret of my life if it doesn’t come back close to normal, because my beard is my whole look.

They didn’t take up 8k grafts, not even close to that. They took 500 the first time and about 300 the 2nd time but I’m scared that they took it from the same area smh. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 8:05 AM, Stanley N. said:

@Gatsby Thank you so much. I am really freaking out. So far this is the biggest regret of my life if it doesn’t come back close to normal, because my beard is my whole look.

They didn’t take up 8k grafts, not even close to that. They took 500 the first time and about 300 the 2nd time but I’m scared that they took it from the same area smh. 

Concerned about grafts being taken from the same area during hair transplant procedures, with significantly fewer grafts harvested than expected.PM KISAN

• Valued Contributor
On 4/22/2024 at 12:35 PM, Stanley N. said:

If it's 800 grafts then I would still put it into context. I think this is shock loss. Just like any other hair transplant it requires patience though I get your anxiety for sure. If worst case scenario it needs to be farmed then 800 beard grafts can be repaired. But if it does, ensure you do your research on not just surgeons but elite repair surgeons. Going to Asli Tarcan TWICE is just  a recipe for not only disaster but also in the long run the cost of having gone to an elite surgeon in the first place. Stay cool and remember just give this time. All the best!