A question about Dr. Kaan Pekiner

Hello everyone,

In 2022, I had a hair transplant and I am largely satisfied with my results but I am planning a second operation for more density.

After extensive research on forums, I decided on Kaan Pekiner for the second procedure. However, reaching the clinic seems really impossible. I managed to contact Doctor's assistant, Alex, on WhatsApp using the number shared on the forums. There's no issue here; usually, it takes about 2-3 weeks for a response, which is typical for all clinics.

However, the assistant says that he does not arrange consultations for Turkish patients, and that a Turkish assistant handles those. He then shares another number. I have been writing to this number once a month for about six months now. There has been no response, zero.

My question for the forum is, how did our Turkish friends manage to get an appointment with Dr. Kaan? Does the clinic intentionally not want Turkish patients? We are willing to pay the same amount, but I don't understand why. Its honestly quite frustrating. 

Best regards.

• Moderators

Honestly it might just be better to move on to another Dr. I don’t know why some clinics are so awful at responding to potential patients. It could be that they are way over booked but they should still reply to you to let you know that. 

• Like 3

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

56 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

Honestly it might just be better to move on to another Dr. I don’t know why some clinics are so awful at responding to potential patients. It could be that they are way over booked but they should still reply to you to let you know that. 

Thank you for your suggestion. I highly value Dr. Kaan's expertise, which is why I'm persistent in trying to secure an appointment. However, my main issue lies in the communication process. Initially, the response times are quite prompt—usually within a week or two. Yet, as soon as I provide my details and mention where I'm from, they inform me that they cannot handle my case directly and advise me to contact the Turkish assistant instead. Unfortunately, I haven't received any response from the Turkish assistant for over six months. Has anyone else faced a similar situation or does anyone have advice on how to better navigate this?

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

^This, plenty of quality doctors. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.