65 year old male, what Norwood pattern is this. Potential grafts for transplant?

• Valued Contributor

You have a lot of hair to keep so medication would be your first option. Going by this one pic I would say you are a Norwood 5 going to Norwood 6. At 65 your hair loss may well have stabilized. But if surgery is on the card then I would still be looking at medication first. All the best. 

Hi, I agree with one opinion above, you should seek medical hair restoration. It is unbelievable if treated by an experienced doctor. I strongly suggest you not opt for hair transplant currently and if you want to see the wonder of medical hair restoration. click the link where you can see before & after photos.

Best of luck for your research  

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

2 hours ago, AhmadChaudhry said:

Hi, I agree with one opinion above, you should seek medical hair restoration. It is unbelievable if treated by an experienced doctor. I strongly suggest you not opt for hair transplant currently and if you want to see the wonder of medical hair restoration. click the link where you can see before & after photos.

Best of luck for your research  

Thank you, out of curiosity would you rate this as severe hair loss? And if a transplant was an option how many grafts would I be looking at? 

thank you 

Severe hair loss when you have hair falls 100 to 150 per day. Your condition is hair thinning. If you want to go for a hair transplant , 2500 to 3000 grafts will be enough to give you a reasonable density. 

You can also measure your hair loss area in centimeters then multiply it with 30 to 40 or 45 follicles per sq.centimeter. This way you will get a total number of grafts.
 There are online grafts calculators and you can also get the idea.
Did you consider if after hair transplant , your existing hair shed more or you have further thinning in future? 

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan