Best supplement for hair loss?

mybagpk

• Moderators

If you're going to go with vitamins then make sure it has both biotin and zinc.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

replenology seems to be the best : removed

A: We conducted third party, triple blind, Replenology vs. Placebo, clinical trials over 24 weeks. When comparing our results with other leading hair loss products Replenology, with our active formula ALRV5XR, outperformed them all by 4x in women and 3x in men. Click here to read about our clinical trial in men. Click here to read about our clinical trial in women. Click here to read the expert opinion commentary on our clinical trials.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

• 2 months later...

Theres be no studies that say taking a vitamin tablet will help your hair loss this is because if you have a decent diet you will be getting all the vits and mins you need, adding to this can be dangerous.

Have your blood work checked to see if you're deficient before wasting your money and risking your health, if you are deficient the best way is to adjust your diet not pop a pill.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I take Biotin, if anything this will help the quality of the hair you have that is not genetically disposed to fall out. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• 9 months later...
Posted (edited)

My current notes about supplement for hair loss which I update regularly when I see information on this topic :

• For inhibition of DKK1 (DKK1 induce abnormal Wnt/beta-catenin pathway):
    • Ginko (120-240 mg/day) - do not take ginko it if you take anticoagulant medication
    • Ginseng (200-600 mg/day) - do not take ginseng if you have high blood pressure
    • Minoxidil
  • For increase of blood pressure:
    • L-Carnitin (500mg - 3g / day) - do not take if you are epileptics
    • L-Citrulin (3-6g /day) - do not take if you have urea disorder or renal failure
    • Minoxidil
  • For intake of vitamins:
    • All VitB (included Biotin + Pyridoxin) exept Vit E (some say Vit E supplementation can induce cancer)
  • For Vitamin D pathway:
    • Vitamin D (1000 UI/day)
  • Anti-oxydant against oxydation of Outer Root Sheath of the hair follicule by DHT:
    • Resveratrol (100-500mg/day) - do not take ginko it if you take anticoagulant medication or are low blood pressure
    • N-Acetyl-Cystein (NAC) + Glycin = GlyNAC => Help glutahtione production by the liver
    • Omega 3 (2g/day)
    • Zinc (10-15 mg/day)
    • Magnesium (about 400mg / day)
    • Pumpkin Seeds
    • Neetle Leaf (500mg/day) - do not take high dose if you have renal failure
    • Quercetin (500-1000 mg/day) - taking it for too long time can induce mild kidney problems
    • Fisetin (100mg /day) - do not take it if you take anticoagulant medication or take medication for high blood pressure
    • NMN (500-1000g / day)
    • Melatonin (topical 0.0033%) - do not take it if you are depressed, diabetic, epileptic or hepatic
  • For decreasing DHT in blood :
    • 640mg Saw Palmetto + 8mg Astaxanthin => Decrease of about 10% of DHT in blood
    • Take 3x more and you will have about 20% of DHT decrease in blood
    • Note : for comparaison, finasteride 0.05mg/day will decrease DHT by 30% so some say a decrease of 20% is not enough to get a positive impact on hairloss

If you take finasteride and want to protect against sides :

• To protect against neurosteroid deficiency induce by finatseride :
    • PEA => increase allopregnanolone neurosteroid level (1g/day)
    • Melatonin 
  • To protect against increase of estrogen induce by finasteride by inhibiting aromatase (aromatase is the enzyme wich convert Testosterone into Oestradiol) :
    • Resveratrol
    • DIM (100mg/day)
Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV