Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #71   Top  
Old 03-05-2017, 04:30 AM

Top picks - Dr Keser and Dr Bisanga.[/QUOTE]

Hi Oliver, did you make a decision?
  #72   Top  
Old 03-05-2017, 11:59 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Hi Ozzielookingforhair,

No I haven't yet. Since i have taken some pictures I thought Id give it a year and see how much it worsens (if any) by the end of the year. The last dr i contacted was one from America whom I cannot name on this site. I think his work looks the best and I am also interested in his PRP. There are some great results floating around on the net. After sending him my pictures he encouraged me to avoid a transplant at this early stage in life - which i respected (the only surgeon who said that). He informed me my temples would not need more than 300 grafts each side and recommended PRP.I've always wanted to take a holiday to the states so I figure if I do go sometime in early 2018 I will stop by his office and have him examine me and see what he thinks. May just go the PRP or may get some work done if he thinks its ok to do so.I still think the others are great options but since I really don't need major work I cannot justify travelling to Brussels etc just to have 600 or so grafts done.

Keser or Bisinga? - I think it comes down to your personal preference and the feel you get from consulting each.
  #73   Top  
Old 05-19-2017, 04:13 PM

Hi Oliverqueen1,

I just had FUE 2500 grafts with Dr Laorwong in Bangkok just over 2 weeks ago (2 May).

The thing I'm most impressed about was the graft density.
Now that the scabs have all come off (after day 16) it looks just like natural hair! I can now get around without a wearing a cap, confident that no one would guess that I've had a HT at all let alone so recently. It just looks like a short crewcut, natural looking all over. I'm rapt.

Something I would recommend though is to be 100% sure where you would like your hairline to be. It will be drawn in with erasable marker before they start, so you get a chance to modify where you want it to be. It'd be good to practice this at home before you go.

I paid 100 baht ($4) per graft. You must be some kind of haggler to get Dr Laorwong down to less than that.
Anyhow I can't see any reason you'd go anywhere else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Day17.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	107768  

Last edited by IanFromOz; 05-19-2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Response addressed wrong poster
  #74   Top  
Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 AM

Hi Ian,

Sounds great! It would be fantastic if you would keep us all updated with your progress. How did you find Dr Laorwong? And any difficulty with the travel and staying / getting around in Bangkok?
  #75   Top  
Old 05-20-2017, 06:33 AM

Hi Oliverqueen01,

I first came across Absolute Hair Clinic at www.whatclinic.com via Google even though they are buried amongst dozens of other similar clinics in Bangkok on that website.

It was only after visiting the Clinic's own webpage that I really liked the amount of technical detail & videos they provided, and the large number of impressive before & after photos that could be found on their website.

The key to getting around Bangkok is to first ensure you choose a hotel no more than 10 minutes walk from the BTS Skytrain. (Notice that hotels in Bangkok close to the BTS never fail to mention that fact.) The BTS is a cheap and efficient way to get around Bangkok.
Unfortunately Dr Laorwong's clinic is not near the BTS. It's a 200 baht/$8 taxi ride from either, say, the Sukhumvit or the Silom areas (where tourists mostly stay).

In regard to the excellent and exhaustive review of Dr Laorwong provided by 3FN a year ago, it seems to me that his new hairline was deficient in some "temple work" that I feel was also needed in his case.
Contrast this to Dr Diep's videos here: (Chrome may be needed)
http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...e-dr-diep.html

That's not to say that Dr Laorwong doesn't do temple work. Some of the photos on his site show that he does. Or, for that matter, that Dr Diep always includes temple work where it's needed. Sometimes he doesn't.

Sorry for repeating myself on my earlier post, but I was surprised before my surgery to see the extent that they rely on the customer's guidance about where the customer wants their new hairline to be. I somehow thought they could look at you and "just know" where your ideal (ie original) hairline should be. This might be true for some surgeons (particularly westerners) that may develop an intuitive knack of knowing precisely what hairline would look best on you without you having to say a word. But possibly this is not as true for Asian surgeons.
In my case there was only a little bit of suggestion and modification before agreement was reached. But it was at Dr Laorwong's request that I got to draw the lines I wanted first!

So please give some thought about (eg.) whether or not you want the top of your temples filled out, and if so mark it in! Otherwise it may not (probably won't) happen. The same goes for your entire desired hairline. And try to avoid getting a quirky little V-shape at the front of the forehead. (Don't know why, but I keep seeing those from a range of surgeons,)

I know the above may sound unexpectedly negative. But it's not about the quality of the work. In my case the quality and excellent "craftsmanship" of the surgery is identical to 3FN's photos. I'm just trying to say you need to be able to clearly convey what your expectations are before surgery begins. And to do that you need to form a clear (mental) picture of where you want your hairlines to be, that you can then convey with a marking pencil.

With that part of it properly resolved before surgery begins, your satisfaction with the final result will be assured.
  #76   Top  
Old 05-20-2017, 11:09 AM

sup lads, adelaide boy here .
I flew to turkey and had 3.2k grafts done with Erodgan.
Heres my thread;
http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ry-2017-a.html

Stay away from Australian surgeons LOL its worth the holiday overseas trust me!
  #77   Top  
Old 05-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

I was also considering Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong not long ago. Overall, his work looks very good but I also thought some of his hairlines looked a bit too aggressive and unnatural. It's also a shame that his clinic does not offer an airport pick up and hotel booking service etc. This is the norm for clinics in Turkey and Europe and other countries should really start offering such a service. It can really help take away a lot of the stress and hassle associated with travelling to an unfamiliar part of the world for surgery.
  #78   Top  
Old 05-22-2017, 01:12 PM

I don't think any clinic in Thailand offers that, do they?

At $3000 return to Turkey vs $700 return (Jetstar) to Bangkok, and 17 hours extra flying time each way(!), the added convenience of an airport shuttle versus a 300 baht ($12) taxi ride is small potatoes.