Underlying health conditions for hair loss? Diffuse hair loss, TE, DPA, DUPA

Posted (edited)

Hello guys I need advice. I am concerned that if get a hair transplant my hair will fall again due to underlying health conditions that I am not aware of. I’m wondering if there is any tests I can do for my health, gut, or genes to give me a more definitive answer to the hair loss (I know the million dollar question). Also I am concerned of this because I have had my hair grow a lot in the past after starting meds and then I got Covid and was stressed and it all thinned again and stayed as it is now, (never recovered) I suspect some sort of chronic telogen efflueivium, DPH - maybe DUPA (doubt DUPA). Ultimately I am going for a hair transplant soon. The hair transplant will be successful if the hair doesn’t fall from shock loss or any health condition I’m certain of that however I am scared some sort of permanent telogen effluvium is gonna hit. I just don’t know exactly what to do or if I should go for a hair transplant. any advice would be helpful. With this all said the hairloss has been stable for many years on hair loss meds and remains very diffuse, the donor is not bad though and when grown is quite thick. What u guys reckon go for a ht now or wait? I’ve had my hairloss consistent for afew years now with meds and seems no adverse events have caused the hairloss to progress. 

Edited by Adriam

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation with my donor and wanting a HT. The sides seem to be thinning a little more every year but the back is stable. I feel like I have somewhere between 1-2k grafts in the back to use. I looked at your previous posts and we have similar hair in the sides and back. Ultimately, I'm going to consult with a local transplant surgeon. One in the past simply looked at the back and concluded "dupa" without any microscope/ biopsy evaluation so I ignored what he said as he sounded like a fking doof just concluding that without anything to back it up. Be careful who you listen to.

Hi,One young boy got a hair transplant at the age of 22 years from a technician. His hair loss was progressive in nature and 4 years later he visited ( 27th Nov 2023) me and I performed a treatment and gave him a topical lotion to apply once at night time. Six months later he visited ( 22 April 2024) me for his second treatment. See his before & after improvement. 

DSC_0965.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0948.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan