Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Top  
Old 09-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanker View Post
Nice. Do you plan on keeping a shaved head real low? To be fair, and it is only 5 weeks I can see the scarring (and I can't tell if it is scarring I am seeing or just the gaps of missing hair), but I was looking for it. I don't think anyone would notice. Very very good looking donor area, probably the cleanest I've seen. This looks like a nice procedure for someone that wants to share their head to a zero but wants a hairline.
Could be minor shockloss or missing follicles, too early to tell. One thing is for sure, after 2,000 grafts extracted his donor looks absolutely stellar. Certainly better than 2,000 extracted FUE donor. However the yield is still questionable. Very promising, please keep us informed.

Revamped Advantages/Disadvantages of FUE. Myths dispelled. Educate yourself

Everything FUE. Manual, motorized, ARTAS, NeoGraft, physician details and more

Due to an influx of inquiries, I advocate Dr Lorenzo, Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba, Maras, Erdogan & Reddy. I receive no remuneration and am unaffiliated with any clinic. Pro-FUE and pro-patient!
  #12   Top  
Old 09-16-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey85 View Post
Could be minor shockloss or missing follicles, too early to tell. One thing is for sure, after 2,000 grafts extracted his donor looks absolutely stellar. Certainly better than 2,000 extracted FUE donor. However the yield is still questionable. Very promising, please keep us informed.
I agree. Best harvested donor I have seen
I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.
  #13   Top  
Old 09-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
What's amazing is that Dr. Gho uses .5mm or .6mm punches which is a world away from the .75mm-.9mm punches used by the worlds best FUE doctors and not only manages to seemingly avoid transection, but also regenerates the follicle after extraction. He has stumbled across the Holy Grail of hair transplantation it seems. How he extracts a follicle with a .5mm punch at the stem cell allowing it to regenerate whilst avoiding transection is a mystery.

Aim4hair, did Dr. Gho personally do your procedure? Did he do all the extractions, incisions etc? How was he in person? Reason I ask is because on their website it states they have 4 different clinics that do HST so I thought Dr. Gho couldn't do all the procedures himself?

Revamped Advantages/Disadvantages of FUE. Myths dispelled. Educate yourself

Everything FUE. Manual, motorized, ARTAS, NeoGraft, physician details and more

Due to an influx of inquiries, I advocate Dr Lorenzo, Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba, Maras, Erdogan & Reddy. I receive no remuneration and am unaffiliated with any clinic. Pro-FUE and pro-patient!
  #14   Top  
Old 09-16-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.
  #15   Top  
Old 09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Forum Co-Moderator
Follicular Master

Quote:
What's amazing is that Dr. Gho uses .5mm or .6mm punches which is a world away from the .75mm-.9mm punches used by the worlds best FUE doctors and not only manages to seemingly avoid transection, but also regenerates the follicle after extraction. He has stumbled across the Holy Grail of hair transplantation it seems. How he extracts a follicle with a .5mm punch at the stem cell allowing it to regenerate whilst avoiding transection is a mystery.

Aim4hair, did Dr. Gho personally do your procedure? Did he do all the extractions, incisions etc? How was he in person? Reason I ask is because on their website it states they have 4 different clinics that do HST so I thought Dr. Gho couldn't do all the procedures himself?
I'm fairly certain the reason he uses such a small punch is either because: a. the technique is focused on "plucking" individual hair shafts or b. He's extracting one portion of an entire follicular unit (i.e. removing 1 hair from a 2 hair FU, 2 hairs from a 3 hair FU, etc).

According to Dr. Gho, the original comment is true; Dr. Gho utilizes a small punch to remove the portion of the follicle containing the "bulge stem cell" (which is on the shaft itself) and leaves the dermal papilla portion at the inferior cup of the follicular unit. I feel like if he went up to a 1.0 or even .08 mm punch, the tool would remove the entire follicular unit and the procedure would simply be FUE.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.
  #16   Top  
Old 09-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

great shaped head!

you've got it made aim4hair regardless of the outcome

it's a win win
  #17   Top  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Nice. Do you plan on keeping a shaved head real low? To be fair, and it is only 5 weeks I can see the scarring (and I can't tell if it is scarring I am seeing or just the gaps of missing hair), but I was looking for it. I don't think anyone would notice. Very very good looking donor area, probably the cleanest I've seen. This looks like a nice procedure for someone that wants to share their head to a zero but wants a hairline.
Thnks for your comment Spanker, if you see my pre op pic you will see that i already had some gaps pre op.
Accoring to HASCI it takes 9 months for the donor area to fully heal and regnerate, this is why HASCI require 9 months between sessions if you decide to opt for multiple sessions.

I don't know if i have any scars now but they definitely not visible to the naked eyes, i do have some pimples though, that's why there is redness in some spots but even the redness is not really visible without the camera flash. nobody could tell that I had anything done even the ones who knew that i had an HST can't tell that my donor looks any diffrence than it did before (except for the little pimples) and i shave my head with no guards now just like i used to do pre op.

Last edited by aim4hair; 09-17-2012 at 08:07 AM.
  #18   Top  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Yeah there are diffrent doctors in HASCI but i did it with Dr. Gho himself, he was very confident and professional, and this is how the procedure went:
  • One technician did the extraction.
  • Dr. Gho did the hair line and the holes.
  • 2 technicians at a time placed the grafts.
During that time Dr. Gho was in and out supervising the whole thing.

#19   Top  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev3 View Post
great shaped head!

you've got it made aim4hair regardless of the outcome

it's a win win
Thanks bro!
  #20   Top  
Old 11-08-2012, 01:41 PM
New Real Hair Club Member

Hi aim4hair

Donor area looks great
Question I have is do you have any pictures of the recipient area?

I am on verge of getting any fue but if dr gho method works just as well then it's a no brainer

If u could let us know how the transplanted hairs are doing?
That would really help me and possibly others in the decision to hold of fue and go with hst

Thanks