HT done in India

jagdish

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Friends,

Sorry for not replying, I was out of Town.

I am really upset with the way Dr.Rajesh Rajput has done HT. He promised me that he would transplant 2400 Grafts. When I contacted him and asked him how to find out the number of grafts transplanted by him, he blindly said "I am one of the Best doctor in Asia, Trust your Doctor".

I spent Rs 120000 (For 2400 grafts) ,This was my hard earned money, wanted to cover the bald patch so that I can get married..Initially he use to say you dont need a HT , I can grow your hair with my medicens.

I am totally lost , I wasted my money , now there is a huge scar on my head.

I feel,I was better without a HT .

Regards

Sahil

hi sahil

if the marriage is already fixed why did you want to rush into a hair transplant. i know your depressed now. but what were you thinking did you read any of the posts on this forum.

the best thing you could have done was get on generic propecia, finasteride, which is produced by dr reddys lab as finpecia. waited a year and seen to stabilize your hairloss. there really arent real side effects other then ones people build up in their mind. nonetheless,

you should get on the drug asap. as far as the transplant goes im not sure what type your doctor did...micro..punch or the best follicular unit transplant. but as long as your going for typical combover you should be ok to comb you hair from one side to other. the hair should take 5-6 months to get to that position.

120000 rupees is close 3,000 dollars

for that amt you should have went to doctor AP... damn i feel like im promo ing him... ok this is only because he does do folicular unit transplant... but otherwise ...

ok dude your getting married god willing since she already said yes she loves you for who you are and not b/c of your hair.

you can always get repair surgery.. later in your life. just enjoy life for now and get on the drug.

1.25mg finasteride

drugstore.com 100 pills $225

quarter them

5% rogaine foam

samsclub $50 4 month supply

vanity my downfall

Originally posted by Sahil:

Hi Everyone,

I am Sahil from Mumbai, India . Last month I underwent a hair transplant from Dr.Rajesh Rajput. His website is http://www.hairlossindia.com/.

I have transplanted 2400 grafts and it costed me RS 120000.The transplant was done in Crown area of my Head.

Most of the doctors were reluctant to do the Transplant for the Crown region saying that this region consumes more grafts and patient who have already done Transplant in Crown region the Results were not good .

Is it true?

sahil,

I am considering getting HT done with rajesh rajput, How was ur whole experience? how is ur proress? Could u give me feedback as to how he is.

Thanks,

HITESH

Hi Hitz,

I had initially visted Dr.Rajesh rajput.He promised me that the mediciens will be sufficient.

(2 Tablets on Monday, 2 Tablets on tuesday and 2 Tablets on wednesday)This is multivitamin tablets .

He promised me that he will grow back my hair even without a HT.These words of his made me feel that he is not greedy for money.

After 2 months of medicine he told me I have to go for HT, and I require 1800 grafts. After 2 vists he told me that actually I require 2400 grafts for entire bald patch for better results.

I agreed to go for 2400 grafts for Rs 120000.

But during the surgery I told him to ensure that the entire Bald patch needs to be covered ,its then he said that even 6000 Grafts will not be sufficient.

I was taken back his changing versions on number of Grafts required for me.

When I asked him How do I find out the number of grafts planted.He said "I am the best doctor in Asia you got to Trust your doctor".

I have nothing against any doctor , but I dont want any one to go through the pain which I have gone.Please find a doctor who understands your requirement very well.

Its my personnel feeling that i was better without a HT , I have a long scar behind my head.

I have lost my hard earned money .

Regards

Sahil

Dear Sahil,

Thanks for your quick reply, Much appreciated.

I have seen the pictures u have posted. How many days after the transplant r these pictures?.

Also would u have been satisfied if your bald patch would have been covered? Wht i mean to ask is how r the hairs that are transplanted?

Best Regards,

HITESH.

Originally posted by Vicky Hanjan:

I really feel that the discussion here in this Forum is healthy and i really want to add something to it.

First I do understand that there are some doctors those are doing some wrong things and I would say i am a victim of ill practice as well.

But, so far what i have seen is that Dr. A is doing a good job i have had 1900 grafts from him and so far i am feeling that i have got a good deal as earlier i got some real Bad or i would say worst experience from some other Doctors from India only but i would like to say that if we go for a wrong doctor who does not have anything to prove then its of no use to trust him.

But i have seen some results some pictures on Dr. A's web site and I myself had HT from him and i feel that it was a Wise decision and i could have took it way back in 90's rather then this year

Dear Vicky,

Was ur procedure done by dr A himself?. I have contacted Dr A clinic and then have suggested me Dr sangays for the HT procedure.

Best Regards,

HITESH

Originally posted by underrepair:

Its a long time since I came back to this site.

I was miffed by Pat's attitude.

Yes, you will find many members of ISHRS, Indian as well as american, performing poor hair transplants.

The issue of Dr. A has been talked over before.

I and Pat do not agree on Dr. A.

But I will say one thing. I got a bad transplant in Mumbai by Dr. Rajput.

Now, I look a human once again after repair transplant with Dr. A.

I have yet to meet a patient who had anything bad to say about Dr. A.

Hi,

I was considering getting a HT done with Dr rajesh rajput can u tell me in details regarding your procedure? wht went wrong

was better without a HT

Hi Sahil,

i m from bangalore and lookinf for an HT. called one plastic surgeon here and he offered me that he will ask Dr. Rajput to come here and get ur HT done.

but after ur feedback, i am affraid.

can anyone answer the question "HOW ONE CAN COUNT - NUMBER OF GRAFT TRANSPALNTED?".

and could anyone tell me whts d meaning of 1 graft. is this one hair or wht?

i am very new to this forum and found it very useful.

Thanx

Pk..

You can still get butchered here (U.S.) or there/. Your chances there are greater though. You need to do alot of research and don't trust anyone along the way.

In the states a bangalore is a long tube that you take out barb wire with.

Makes me wince everytime someone is going to Bangalore to see DR. Mysore because I can see the result.Or any other.

Bottom line most doctors that fall into this are quacks. Especially in your local.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Hi Hitz,

I had initially visted Dr.Rajesh rajput.He promised me that the mediciens will be sufficient.

(2 Tablets on Monday, 2 Tablets on tuesday and 2 Tablets on wednesday)This is multivitamin tablets .

He promised me that he will grow back my hair even without a HT.These words of his made me feel that he is not greedy for money.

After 2 months of medicine he told me I have to go for HT, and I require 1800 grafts. After 2 vists he told me that actually I require 2400 grafts for entire bald patch for better results.

I agreed to go for 2400 grafts for Rs 120000.

But during the surgery I told him to ensure that the entire Bald patch needs to be covered ,its then he said that even 6000 Grafts will not be sufficient.

I was taken back his changing versions on number of Grafts required for me.

When I asked him How do I find out the number of grafts planted.He said "I am the best doctor in Asia you got to Trust your doctor".

I have nothing against any doctor , but I dont want any one to go through the pain which I have gone.Please find a doctor who understands your requirement very well.

Its my personnel feeling that i was better without a HT , I have a long scar behind my head.

I have lost my hard earned money .

Regards

Sahil

Dear Sahil,

Could u please confirm me, how is ur hair growth now? As here in Bangalore, one Dr suggested me to contact Dr. Rajput for HT.

Any info regarding this would be highly appriciated.

And at the same time i wish u all the very best.

Regards,

...Pradeep

Originally posted by HITZ:

Yes, you will find many members of ISHRS, Indian as well as american, performing poor hair transplants.

Hi,

I was considering getting a HT done with Dr rajesh rajput can u tell me in details regarding your procedure? wht went wrong

Dear HITZ,

So wht u have decided, i am also considering to get HT done by Dr Rajput.

have u contacted Dr A? and have u met anyone who has got his HT done by him?

please keep in touch...

Thanx

...Pradeep

Originally posted by PKHAIR:
Originally posted by HITZ:

Hi,

Dear HITZ,

So wht u have decided, i am also considering to get HT done by Dr Rajput.

have u contacted Dr A? and have u met anyone who has got his HT done by him?

please keep in touch...

Thanx

...Pradeep

I wont advise going to Dr. Rajput. Have you seen Sahil. He has been downright cheated man.

Take your time. Do a proper research. Jagdish and Sahil should be enough lessons to those in hurry. icon_frown.gif

Jolly,

Are u done wid ur HT. If yes then from where and whts ur experience?

m asking u..bcz i can see ..u r the one, who is an active member of this forum, since long time.

Please guide me dear?

Also, would like to know, from where are u?

Thanx

..pradeep

Hi,

I have been reading a lot of material lately and have few quick queries please.

(1) any one knows any decent doc in Bangalore, India?

(2) (these may be impractical & primitive questions, but after seeing free exchange of opinions on the forum, I feel I should anyway ask)

-> is it possible at all to get HT done , say, discreetly?

-> if one does not wish to look too different (after HT), is that possible?

(say by going for basically increasing density only)

(3) side effects of finasteride - I am aware only a small % "may" have those. But since those are related to decresed libido/erection prob/ejeculation issue, I am still not feeling confident enough to take finasteride.

What I wished to know was - in case one experiences the side-effect, is it certain that these go off when one stops the tablet??

Apologies, but may be this question should have been in a diferent section/topic?

Would rqst to please help/advise please.

Thx,

~ shri

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Friends,

Please be careful in chooseing the right doctor. In my case I was refered to Rajesh Rajput, Mumbai by a family doctor and when I saw his website I was really impressed by it.

My advice to all of you is look before you leap , be very careful in chooseing the right doctor and getting convinced with what u will actually get.

There is a proverb which I have understood after paying a penalty "If I am given 10hrs to cut a tree I would spend 8 hrs sharpening the axe"

Regards

Sahil

Dear Sahil,

Thanx for ur precious reply after so long.

I would highly appriciate if u can tell me, how is ur hair growth now? i can see, u r not satisfied with Dr Rajput.

As ur case, my family Dr also advised me to go with Dr Rajput.

I am totally confused.....

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Friends,

Sorry for not replying, I was out of Town.

I am really upset with the way Dr.Rajesh Rajput has done HT. He promised me that he would transplant 2400 Grafts. When I contacted him and asked him how to find out the number of grafts transplanted by him, he blindly said "I am one of the Best doctor in Asia, Trust your Doctor".

I spent Rs 120000 (For 2400 grafts) ,This was my hard earned money, wanted to cover the bald patch so that I can get married..Initially he use to say you dont need a HT , I can grow your hair with my medicens.

I am totally lost , I wasted my money , now there is a huge scar on my head.

I feel,I was better without a HT .

Regards

Sahil

Dear Nilesh Shah,

thanks for bringing this to my notice.

1. It is essential to take medicines for 4 months before a transplat, to per condition your hair for a transplant. 2 months of medicine and rushing into a transplant with some pretex that you are leaving the place or you will not have leave again or so will coax the surgeon. I will refuse a transplant before completing 4 months of medicine.

2. You have 1,20,000 hair on your head. If you lost everything on the top, you really need large numbe tof grafts. Patients expect evrything to get covered in a small number of grafts which is not possible. They srart by saying cover my front with 1000 grafts then little more on the top and slight cover on the back also. The grafts get laid out far apart and cannot give the new dense looks desired. It does not meet the dreams of the preson.

3. No one counts the number of grafts while implanting. We count the density and the size of the strip to be harvested is decided accordingly to yeild the requiered number of grafts. While doing the surgery I am concentrating on the work I repeated querries at this time are difficult to answer. Best way to keep out of it is to say you can trust me on this issue.

4. It is essential to take the hair growth medicine after the transplant. This will support the growth of the grafts. If not post surgical shock loss is unavoidable complication which will lead to loss of your original weak hair in the area of transplant. So you loose 3000 - 5000 wewak hair instead of strengthening or growing them and grow back only 2400 in place of these. Net gain is unimpressive.

5. On reading the details it appears that this patient has opted for transplant without proper medicitions and not taken the medicines after the surgery.

6. Medicine and transplant are not replacement for one another. You cannot have a transplant because you do not want to take medicines. Both go hand in hand and complement each other for the final outcome.

However cases of shock loss are occassional, I had one student from Newzealand whom I could not see for follow up and he could not be emphasised enough to follow the medicines correctly, he had a shock loss. I sent him 4 months of medicine from India, to help him out. Otherwise I make sure this never happens to any of my cases.

Dr. Rajput,

This is very bad. Why are you calling out the patient's true name? That is not done. I am pretty sure he can drag you to court over this.

Your explanations of Sahil's bad transplant dont hold water. I will get down to putting holes through your reply, but first you should remove the patient's actual name and apologize.

3. No one counts the number of grafts while implanting. We count the density and the size of the strip to be harvested is decided accordingly to yeild the requiered number of grafts. While doing the surgery I am concentrating on the work I repeated querries at this time are difficult to answer. Best way to keep out of it is to say you can trust me on this issue.

Sooooooo.. if you implant 3000 or so grafts and only 1500-2000 grow, no one will know, right?

Dr, your methods are poor and because you seem like a good guy coming on here and trying to explain yourself, I want to suggest something to you.

Seek out a top doc in the states, see how they assemble a top-flight team, and see how EXACT they are with every thing they do. Humble yourself and learn (we all must do this regardless of profession)

It is your responsibility to offer the BEST treatment you can, with the most EXACT information that can be offered.

I hope you find your way to the states Dr.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hello,

I blog with my name so it is perfectly fine if Dr. Rajput refers my name. Actually to know his side and opinion I wrote him and requested him to answer. We may have difference of opinions on what he has done but atleast knowing their side should be fine.

Regards,

Nilesh

Dear Friends,

First and formost I would thank all you guys for standing up for me.

My special thanx to Jolly , Thank a lot brother.

Dear Doctor ( Mr.Rajesh rajput) I was told by you that I don't require a transplant and only medicine alone will be sufficient to grow back the hair.

But after two months of medicine you told me that the only way out is a Hair Transplant . Initially you told me that only 1600 grafts ( and not 1600 hair) is required and few days before the surgery you told me that I require 2400 grafts ( and not 2400 hair).

I have paid you Rs 120000 for 2400 grafts and not for 2400 hair as mentioned by you. You also told me that each graft will have 3 hair which means 2400 grafts can give rise to 6000-7000 hair. And now you say its 2400 hairs ?????

Then why did you charge Rs 12000 for 2400 hair as quoted by you.

I am having my medicines religiously and its more than 3 months now but I find no change.

Dear doctor please remember that every patient who come to you is not filthy rich .

I come form a middle class family and it took 1 year for me to save Rs 80000 and Rs 40000 I had taken as loan which I am still repaying .

For you I might be just another patient , but remember for me you were a only source of hope.

I am here not to blame any one , May be I didn't do more research before finalizing my doctor. Well this could be a lesson to others .

Regards

Sahil