HT done in India

jagdish

Hiii!!

I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me suggest a HT doc in India. With so many of you got done HT in India, I wud highly count on your input. Thanks to Pat for making this possible and to all other guyz sharing their experiences.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choices are limited in India. It appears that the best hair surgeon in India is Dr AP in Delhi. There were some ethical issues discussed concerning his use of another doctor's results pictures on his website a couple of years ago, portraying them as his own. You can decide for yourself if that is an issue for you.

I think that is who Jagdish ended up going to for his second transplant.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Please note the quote below from the Dr A. website.

"While follicular micro grafting / hair restoration surgeons in USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, U.K. & Europe were frustrated in trying to pluck out FUs (follicular units) from the donor area, Dr. AP adopted a different approach for the purpose."

Is this truth or marketing? I would research carefully.

As I stated, options in India are limited. He's probably the best in India. That doesn't mean he's at the level of some of the doctors we recommend. Overall, he seems to do pretty decent work.

Keep in mind that many of these poor Indian guys don't have the funds to come all the way over here. They need other options.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• Administrators

Dr. A is great at working the forums and self promotion online. But being a clever salesman online does not make a physician the best surgeon.

He has not been recommended on this community due to what in my opinion was unethical marketing practices. When a physician is willing to use another clinic's patient photos to promote himself it speaks volumes about their lack of ethics.

I have other issues with the way Dr. A and his agents have worked the forums. Tread carefully.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

OK, Hi, I'm new.

I am interested in having a HT. I don't have a ton of money to spend on it. And guess what (wince--I hate to say this here)....

Though I live in the US, I'm going to be in New Delhi on business this summer.

So, yes, I am interested in Dr. A. I understand that supposedly he or his web designer posted some other physician's pics a few years ago. Look, I won't say that is just fine, but is it a death penalty offense? Maybe for some... not for me. People make mistakes. Even now, MANY physicians (or their web designers) copy text--without citations--from other sites. For example, try Googling a large block of text (with quotes around it) from the FAQ portion of your favorite physician's site. FAQs about Propecia and Rogaine seem to be especially good to try with this.

Does aggressive marketing bother me? No, not if it is reasonably close to being the truth. Being a good marketer does not make someone a good surgeon--I agree. But it doesn't make someone a bad one either.

In any event, my bottom line is--does he do good work? Second, are his prices reasonable?

Well, at $1-$1.25 per FUHT graft, number 2 is certainly true.

So that leaves me with number 1: Does he do good work? Another site has MANY good stories about this guy.

If he did BAD work, surely there would be at least ONE negative story about it online--especially on THIS site where he is constantly denigrated--but I cannot find one. All of the negative references are in regard to marketing. Does anyone actually have a bad HAIR story to share?

Anyway, I emailed him my photos--I'll let you know what I hear.

I would also love to hear about any alternatives you all might suggest!!

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Tom A I agree with every part of your logic above, all those thoughts went through my mind after years of reaseacrh on all the forums. And just recently i decided to yes take the risk with the procedure and the doctor !! and i have had 3700 FUSE placed in my hairline By dr A last week and am amazed actaully at what he has doen to my frontal 1/3 !!

Now depending on yield this procedure,and results and lack of scarring will surpass all that i have seen online and my expectations.

As for his techniquie of extraction, i can vouche that it is very differnt to that described by other fue doctors and as you will see in another thread i started the donor healing is fantastic, and immeditaely post extraction the holes are close to 0.45 mm i have never seen anything ever psoted on the internet of anything close immeditaly post extraction..

The exapnding needle techniqiue and another factor as expaliend to me by the doc, quite logically and simply allow him to make a smaller exit wound than any other technique that does not do this, whilst still exapning and take a larger area around the bulb.

As you see on my donor pics the exit holes are extemely small.

I am not linked with Dr A in any way, im an Australian and basically just someone who has read and read all the forums and all the information available for at leats 10 years now,and not allowed any single opinion or result to bias my views.

i will update my other thread to show my healing and growth

Dr. A is great at working the forums and self promotion online. But being a clever salesman online does not make a physician the best surgeon.

He has not been recommended on this community due to what in my opinion was unethical marketing practices. When a physician is willing to use another clinic's patient photos to promote himself it speaks volumes about their lack of ethics.

I have other issues with the way Dr. A and his agents have worked the forums. Tread carefully.

Pat,

Wow...I was unaware of this. Though I haven't seen much of Dr. A's work, now I have to wonder whether any of the work I did see was actually his at all? Scary. That's why it's always wise to do a LOT of research before selecting a physician.

Bill

Originally posted by jk1:

i will update my other thread to show my healing and growth

A couple things:

1. Where is your other thread?

2. I wouldn't be getting FUSE, so that wouldn't apply to me.

3. If I may ask a personal question: Are you ethnically of European decent? I think it may be easier to do this with someone that is ethnically south-Asian because they tend to have much coarser hair. Mine is pretty fine (i.e. the hair shaft is not very thick).

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

In another thread, some readers suggested Dr. Path in Bangkok. I have also sent photos to his office as well as Dr. Hasson's office. My guess is that the quite from Dr. Hasson will come back at a higher price than I will be comfortable with, however...

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

The exapnding needle techniqiue and another factor as expaliend to me by the doc, quite logically and simply allow him to make a smaller exit wound than any other technique that does not do this, whilst still exapning and take a larger area around the bulb.

As you see on my donor pics the exit holes are extemely small.

Yes, this has been debated rather heavily, just like many other of Dr. A's "advancements"

Take donor sealing for example---- I remember people being blasted all over the internet for questioning that single technique----

A few years later---- Dr. A is not using this "advanced technique" anymore.

I think Dr. A actually has some decent skills, but I get the impression that he views patients as guinnea pigs at times, from a simply scientific standpoint.

Now, what usually happens ANY time this Doc is mentioned on ANY forum, the damage control squad shows up to bully posters.

Hopefully this won't happen here.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Now, what usually happens ANY time this Doc is mentioned on ANY forum, the damage control squad shows up to bully posters.

Well as you know B Spot....if this happens here, it won't be tolerated.

I have seen some of Dr. A's so called work lately and have been impressed by it. Of course, with some of the ethical issues that has risen from this clinic over the years, it's hard to know whether or not the work presented is really his or someone elses. That being said...there are obviously some ethical issues with this physician.

Bill

Hi Everyone,

I am Sahil from Mumbai, India . Last month I underwent a hair transplant from Dr.Rajesh Rajput. His website is http://www.hairlossindia.com/.

I have transplanted 2400 grafts and it costed me RS 120000.The transplant was done in Crown area of my Head.

Most of the doctors were reluctant to do the Transplant for the Crown region saying that this region consumes more grafts and patient who have already done Transplant in Crown region the Results were not good .

Is it true?

Sahil,

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, it is true that the crown is known to be a "black hole" for grafts. But if you had no hair at all in the crown, you'd be surprised how much difference a few thousand grafts actually makes. BUT...in order to achieve great density in the crown, it is true that a large number of grafts is required.

Feel free to start a new thread to share your experience and pictures of your procedure.

Bill

Originally posted by the B spot:

I think Dr. A actually has some decent skills...

Take Care,

J

Wow! Coming from you that's virtually an endorsement! icon_smile.gif

You don't seem the type to toss around compliments, even half-hearted ones.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Yes, well with the thousands of HT docs in the world, it is difficult to see people make a choice to go to a doc without a proven track record or a doc who raises concerns with his or her practices.

Please understand I would LOVE for our fellow balding brothers in the Asia or the Middle East to be referred to a top quality HT doc, but quite frankly, nothing I have seen to date compares with what is being done by out Coalition Docs, or other Docs who are held in high regard.

Have I seen it all?

Nope.

Do I need to?

Nope.

Any doc or clinic that targets the interet net so heavily should have A. Many impressive results with documented stats, before and afters, pics of donor scars/fue scars, and in the case of Dr. A, MANY BHT patients to prove his theories.

While I think his skills are decent, I just believe that a better choice exists, that's all.

I just want to see people be happy with their doc and their results.

It really sucks being bald, especially for guys like me who go bald at 23-25.

I hope you find what you are looking for bro'

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I was getting ready to post an explanation of the "expanding needle" technique, but I found this explanation from a very knowledgeable poster named Balloonman:

The name of the procedure "expanding needle" is another one of those misused terms that has nothing to do with a needle expanding.

The best way it can be described is like a drill and drill bit. If you make a drill hole straight into a tree with a drill bit you get a cylyndrical hole about the same size as the drill bit itself.

Now imagine going into that same hole with the same bit but, this time you go in at a slight angle. Essentially the same entry point but, inside the tree the interior hole is larger, it is no longer the same diameter as the drill bit.

This "expanding needle" is nothing more than your standard off the shelf disposable needle. It goes into the skin at an angle and actually creates a larger hole beneath the skin then on the surface. This allows for more room for error rather than using a straight punch that can only make a cylindrical hole, whereas the needle can create an upside down cone, for lack of a better description.

Only problem with the expanding needle is that you cause more sub dermal scarring than a punch because the scar tissue that forms in the "cone" void is greater than with a punch. This subdermal scarring can make subsequent FUE extrtactions more difficult, creates even more overall scarring then a punch and allows for greater risk of transecting adjacent follicles then a striaght punch.

Again, both procedures work and many Drs use punches while only 2 use this needle technique, if that means anything to you.

I hope this helps explain this technique properly.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Originally posted by TomA:
Originally posted by the B spot:

I think Dr. A actually has some decent skills...

Take Care,

J

Wow! Coming from you that's virtually an endorsement! icon_smile.gif

You don't seem the type to toss around compliments, even half-hearted ones.

Bsopt

I am looking into getting a transplant. Have shortlisted 3 doctors in India. Sorry, cant go to US - beyond my budget.

My question is - I want to go strip? Do you have any advise whom to turn to?

Thx.

Jai

Jai, can you travel outside of India at all?

If so, how far?

Who are the Docs you have examined thus far?

Be patient!!!!!!

Let's see if we can't help you find other options.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dude, that move and the Buddhist Palm from Kung Fu Hustle are my favorite moves!!!!!!!

Too bad I can't scare the rest of my donor hair to the top of my head though icon_mad.gif

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs