Dr. Cooley 2500 grafts - 15 month update

Dewayne

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Well what are you waiting for

Maybe some of you all could pitch in and give me a scholarship.....

Seriously though, I've spent waaay too much money this year and just spent another $9k on my 16-year-old a car. It'll be a little while for me getting back in the chair.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Dewayne:
Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Well what are you waiting for

Maybe some of you all could pitch in and give me a scholarship.....

Seriously though, I've spent waaay too much money this year and just spent another $9k on my 16-year-old a car. It'll be a little while for me getting back in the chair.

Understandable. Not that I have a 16 year old (or any children for that matter), but I do have a 30K batch of student loans waiting for me in about a year. icon_redface.gif

• 4 weeks later...

10 month results here. I can tell some difference from my 9 month pics, but I think the lighting from the sun made it look thicker then but to me it looks thicker now at 10.

Again, I wish I would've went ahead and addressed my crown but it's very cool to not have to constantly worry about the old plug job getting noticed.

It's also cool to see people look at you like they know something's different, but they can't quite put a finger on it.

Anyway, tell me what you think so far.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

bump

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

I hope to go back for the crown this year, but as I said earlier I've spent a lot of money this past year on this and other 'stuff'.

I just got word of two reunions coming in the next few months; 25 year high school and 20 year college fraternity reunion so I'm looking forword to not having to worry about the old plugs.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Dang it Bill! I was going to say night and day, until I saw your post. Dewayne, the change is is like black and white. What a difference!

I was only going to go with 500-1000 fu session to address my hairline, but Dr. Hasson recommended 2,000 for the other areas in the front. I was hesitant because of shaving the top vs. maybe a slight shave at the hairline. I knew I needed it in the frontal 1/3 and had been camoflauging it. I figured, if I'm going to one of the best and I'm traveling out of the country to get this done, I might as well get the problem areas done now and right, instead of later.

You have come a long way Dwayne!! The reunions should be fun for you and you should get some compliments. The front really frames and I am sure once you get some crown work you will be truly pleased.

Oh, and quit buying your son new cars...save it for your dome if that is what you really want!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

dewayne:

Great improvement and more to go. Do i sense a bit of hair greed for the crown?

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

• 1 month later...

I've updated with three pics at the one year mark. I hope it turns out. Let me know what you guys think; good, bad or indifferent.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Bump. What do you all think about my one year pics?

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Looks great!!!! Hey I left you a comment on you're other thread about your pics.. The question is are you happy with your results and what is your plan for the future???? All in the crown or do you want to try to add density to the front as well??

You clearly look muchmuch better and for 2500 it looks spot-on. I can understand why you'd want to boost the region, though. Going forward you could deal with your crown full-steam ahead and/or refine the front 1/3rd....all up to your personal opinion. Assuming you could get ~3k...could split it 2k crown/1k front....or blast it all to the crown.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Dewayne- I responded on your other thread about your crown.

In terms of your 1-year pics, you have definitely come a long way and I think it looks really good. I am sure in some lighting your hair looks better than in other-which may or may not be a concern to you. The established hairline and the coverage makes all the difference in the world for you. It simply looks like you are thinning now versus balding.

If I were in your shoes (and I know others will respond differently), I would really try to maximize the next session. I went in only wanting one procedure and that is still my goal even though realistically I may need to go in when the loss really begins in my crown, which it will at some point. So, if I were you I would really push for more grafts than you had in the first session to add density to the front and the crown.

I think you have standalone result (meaning you don't need another one) right now. The only reason to go in for another session now is that you want one. Cosmetically I think your hair looks really good, but again, if you do go in maximize the number of grafts to not only do the crown but to add density to the front two-thirds.

Just my long winded 2-cents

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• 2 months later...

Here are some updates. It's dark here, so these aren't under natural lighting. No need to get on to me about my crappy pic taking skills, because I'm really not thinking about hair nearly as much these days.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

I'm really not thinking about hair nearly as much these days.

does that mean third and final HT is out of the question?

looks good but i think 3rd HT (technically 2nd) should finish it off. even 2K as in 800 front 1/3 and 1200 crown.

i'll echo Thana's last post:

"You clearly look muchmuch better and for 2500 it looks spot-on. I can understand why you'd want to boost the region, though. Going forward you could deal with your crown full-steam ahead and/or refine the front 1/3rd....all up to your personal opinion. Assuming you could get ~3k...could split it 2k crown/1k front....or blast it all to the crown."

good to see you back online.

Dewayne,

Considering where you were before, you've had a tremendous improvement overall.

I know many patients after they restore their hair don't think much about it anymore. However, I certainly hope you don't forget about us and continue to share your experience and acquired expertise with others at least every once in awhile :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Mr. GQ:
I'm really not thinking about hair nearly as much these days.

does that mean third and final HT is out of the question?

looks good but i think 3rd HT (technically 2nd) should finish it off. even 2K as in 800 front 1/3 and 1200 crown.

good to see you back online.

No, I do plan on going back for another session. Dr. Cooley guesses I have 3000 or so left to harvest. However, I went 17 years between a bad transplant before I got my second, so it might be a few years.

Right now I've got a kid approaching college age, just bought him a car, etc. and I'd like to regroup financially after a 2008 that saw my income down 20%. But if some doc on here wants to give me one for free I'll be happy to be a "showcase".

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

Gald to hear you are so happy and not thinking about your hair...LOL...Dr. Cooley did a fine job...

Moreover, thanks for the update, the pics, and your time... Is it possible for you to take a picture your HT in the same light conditions as your pre-op picture...

BEST