Dr. Rahal or Dr. Hasson

jmg7184

They are both very skilled, i'd advise you have a consult with both and decide from there. Feller and Shapiro are also up there in an elite band of doc imho, you couldn't go far wrong choosing any of them.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

They always say dont let location or $$'s dertermine who you choose for your HT, but with this question I think its safe to say go with the one thats cheapest and/or closest because those are really the only factors with this paticular choice. Both are top 5 and produce amazing results!

i like both doctors & would lean towards dr hasson if you need a ton of grafts & have a loose scalp. they are equipped for the larger mega sessions. i would lean towards dr rahal if you want sutures over staples. i have had my surgery with dr hasson but they both have produced some outstanding results.

rtc

HT TIPS

Don't ever let travel be a major factor, ever. You will fly to the ends of the earth to get it repaired. Believe me I have read the stories & seen the pictures. Many pick up 1/2 your airfare & put you up for 2 nights. You can consult with these doctors by phone or email. I think phoning will get you better response. Have all your questions written down to get as much answered as possible. Take some good clear pictures from all angles & have them loaded into your computer to send to doctor before you talk about ht.

rtc

"The True Wisdom in Making a Decision about a HT is Knowing What to Accept not Just What to Expect."

Dr Hasson & Dr Wong - Vancouver, Canada ??“ Strip

(888) 819-6013

Dr Feller - Great Neck, NY ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FUE

(800) 424-7728

Dr Cole - Atlanta, GA ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FIT

(800) 368-4247

Dr Wolf - Cincinnati, Ohio ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FUE

(800) 900-4769

Dr Ron Shapiro - Bloomington, MN ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FUE

(800)-843-1989

Dr Rahal ??“ Ottawa, Canada ??“ Strip

(877) 712-4247

Dr Alexander ??“ Phoenix, AZ ??“ Strip

(602) 956-8800

Research, Research, Research ??“ 6 Months to a Year

I also had a consult with Dr. Rahal, awsome surgeon, great results. The only problem that I had is that he insists on shaving the receipient area for surgery. Dont want to do that again!!! If he didn't shave I probabaly would go to him. I give him a 9 out of 10.

• 2 years later...

Dr. Rahal did not ask me to shave my area, neither did the tech that was working with me prepping me up for surgery, I just decided to do it as it will be easy for me to grow out my results with the new hairs. I chose to shave my head and have them implant it like that. Besides, the medications they give you, are a lot easier to apply when you are shaved then having hair around the area. It makes everything easy. I know shaving isn't for everyone, but it's probably a really good way to start. It makes things easier. But, just so that people know, I was asked by the tech at Dr. Rahal's office whether or not I wanted to shave my head prior to the procedure and it was my choice and I said go for it.

also what is the difference between sutures and staples. what is this in reference to?

It's in reference to strip transplant procedure. Sutures are stitches, it's when a thread is used to close/sow together the area where the strip extraction was made. There are dissolving ones and ones you have to get removed. Staples are exactly what they state, metal pieces that are used to hold the wound together.

But if you are going to go through the strip procedure route, then definitely check out Tricophytic Closure for the donor area. It minimizes the scarring in the area where the donor strip was harvested.

Dr. Hassan and Dr. Rahal are both outstanding surgeons and you can't go wrong with either. Dr. Rahal is an outstanding surgeon, but I am baffled by Hariri's statement that he is much better than Dr. Hassan. That just is not true. Both are outstanding surgeons with outstanding reputations. Also, you would not be well suited to make your decision based on a poll. This decision is not a popularity contest among those who happen to see your post. What you want to do is consult with several top surgeons, view their results and decide who is best for you and who you are the most comfortable with. Don't be influenced by people who say this surgeon is "the best". There is little to no difference in the skill of top surgeons. They do have different approaches and different styles. Make your own informed decision after doing your research. This forum is a good place to gather information, but the decision is a big one and you can only make an informed decision after doing research AND having consultations with several top surgeons.

One other point. Sutures vs. staples should not influence your decision either. Both work.....it is a Dr. preference. I had staples and five weeks after my surgery, my scar was barely visible. 2 months after surgery, it was difficult to find.

Edited by orlhair1

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

@Hairi and orlhair - just pointing out that jmg7184 asked this questions about 2 and a half years ago. ;) No worries tho... :D

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Good point Aaron....That is funny.....didn't even notice :) Even so....others will read when doing research. I guess the thread got bumped by a follow up question on staples....

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I didn't even realize it either. lol. There are some die heard researchers out their reading about hair loss that can dig up some older threads along the way. I probably have done this plenty of times during my research past couple of years. I think everyone should research well and pick their own surgeon that will cater to their needs. Every doc has their own way of doing things. It's definitely not to base something off a popularity contest. Polls are good, but this is such an in depth research process. Not everyone is suitable for a transplant, not everyone can have FUE, not everyone can have strip, so many factors. I think all the docs on this forum have skill, or else they wouldn't be recommended. The only doctors that I am wary about are the ones that have negative reviews on here and are not listed here. The more the negative review, the more people should avoid. Other then that, it's good to get as many consults as possible from different clinics to get a variety of opinions. Good luck to all that are researching.

"the only problem that I had is that he insists on shaving the receipient area for surgery. Dont want to do that again!!! If he didn't shave I probabaly would go to him"

what does that mean?

I wouldn't have a ht by someone who told me i didn't have to shave the recpient area it's common sense if the doctor is prepared to work around hair getting in the way then he doesn't care too much about the result. Would you let a plasterer plaster your hallway through your letterbox?

Shaving is temporary it's not even 2 months of your life but a ht is permanent mistakes made due to the hair causing problems during surgery will be with you for life ;)

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk