Best doctor in Turkey for hair transplant

I am visiting Turkey for 2 weeks. I was planning on visiting Vera Clinic to do the STEM CELL PACKAGE with them.

Any help will be appreciated. I live in Texas and planning on doing this while I am in turkey. 

Just looking for recommendation for one of the best doctors in Turkey for this.

Thanks 

hair3.thumb.jpg.0d438f00966d85b70f8c54d0b98239a5.jpghair2.thumb.jpg.6c95ec2c9e639a8eb223bcf2c7341100.jpghair1.thumb.jpg.3a96b466dedac4674f27e5001f990e11.jpg20240217_134202.thumb.jpg.0dd2e3d19822b871d91bf41a8ef9a02d.jpg20240217_134157.thumb.jpg.6316f0d1f16a2c5675084972e48ede61.jpgTurkey

• Valued Contributor

Whoooa - stop a second!

You're visiting Turkey (I assume for other reasons than a HT) and thought you'd just get a HT whilst there? Does this sound like the start of a story with a happy ending? Does this sound like a thoroughly researched and intelligently thought out approach to getting a permanent surgery on your head?

None of the better clinics in Turkey will be available at short notice to book you in, so if you're going soon your only options will be some pretty bad clinics. The good news is you have a lot of hair and only need a small-ish surgery on the crown. Your hairline looks good (I see no reason to lower it personally).

When are you flying to Turkey?

• Like 2

Your hair looks fine. Vra clinic is a hairmill with some very bad results, they might turn you much worse than what you have now. In turky if you wanr to search for a doctor or have a consultation regarding your hairloss you can look at fuecapilar, pekiner, keser and dr bicer.. Stay away from hairmills.

Posted (edited)

Thank you every one. I appreciate the support. I am glad I asked you all for recommendation. I was actually planning on visiting Vera clinic. Now i wont

Edited by hksnlper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hksnlper said:

is there an official list for top doctors in Turkey

There is no such thing as official top list, some doctors from turkey are recommended in this forum. But bases on patient independent reviews the best choices you have in turkey are fuecapilar, keser, pekiner and bicer. Sadly most of the clinics there are hairmills working mostly for money.

Posted (edited)

If you do end up going to Turkey for a hair transplant (particularly Istanbul), the four best according to this forum and the Hair Transplant forum on Reddit are Dr. Ozlem Bicer, Dr. Resul Yaman, Dr. Erkan Demirsoy with Armamed and Drs. Gokhan Gur and Dogan Turan with FUECapilar. I've sent consultations with them and waiting to hear back from everyone except Yaman.

Don't do this on a whim and avoid hair mills.

Edited by rs525

• Moderators
On 4/2/2024 at 6:24 PM, hksnlper said:

is there an official list for top doctors in Turkey

Have you seen our recommended list of Drs? See this link: https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

You may be wondering why you shouldn't get a hair transplant without researching some clinics. The reason is because a hair transplant is a lot more than just putting some hair on your head.

1. The grafts need to be angled correctly. Hair doesn't grow pointing straight up out of our scalp. It's angled in different ways throughout your scalp. They have to match these angles or where there is no hair at all they need to know what angles usually occur there and create something that would look natural.

2. The hairline design. You can't just get a line of hair straight across your forehead and think it's going to look right. It won't. The grafts need to be staggered a bit along with using finer hairs and single hair grafts to give the hairline a natural appearance. This is in addition to #1 above with the correct angles.

3. The donor area. You can't just take out grafts any way at all. The graft extraction needs to be spread out and spaced apart or else you'll have donor depletion which is when you don't have enough hair left afterwards to cover it and you end up with a bald or vey noticeably thin area on the back or side of your head.

4. The grafts have to be placed close enough together to get enough coverage, yet spaced out enough to allow proper growth and to cover the entire area that needs to be covered while leaving enough donor hair in reserve for additional hair transplants in the future to address continued thinning of your natural hair as time goes by.

5. The hair that is transplanted has to actually grow. If the grafts aren't handled correctly or not extracted correctly then you may not get good growth.

That's not a complete list of reasons why you shouldn't simply take a vacation and go have a hair transplant, but hopefully it gives you an idea of some things you need to be thinking about.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.