Great post @Frosted Flaked- My heart goes out to you and when I read your journey my heart ached! 

So glad to hear about your renewed confidence as I can FEEL it through your writing! I think you look great as you have accomplished what you set out for the 1st leg of your journey and you have another several months of growth ahead of you.

With new hairs popping through, grown out at a certain length, styled accordingly and a 2nd procedure, you will look as if you have had no hair loss. Until then, all is still looking solid, especially with your short hair-SMP combo.

I am so glad we met in Philadelphia and I could tell it was very theraputic for you as it was for me. 

@Frosted Flakedis as nice and humble as a guy whom you'll ever meet! Now, go begin living some of those lost decades as the world has a ton to offer you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

You look good with the buzz cut. Don't listen to anyone who says this was a bad result. You were a NW 7, so 5500 grafts was not going to be able to give you a totally full look when grown out. I know you already know that. 

I read all that beginning part about how you felt and dealt with everything through the years. Men who lose hair later in life don't really understand the issue of very young men losing a lot of hair quickly. It really kills your self esteem. Everyone makes comments, laughs at you, tells you how you look so old, etc. It's horrible, but the worst thing is those feelings tend to stay with you as you get older even though you know they shouldn't. I'm glad you finally did something about it.

Good luck in your journey.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

@SLA Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm really glad to have met you my friend! Your words bring tears to my eyes.

@BeHappy Thank you, I appreciate that very much. Yes it was a large area covered with a relatively small amount of grafts, so this is exactly what I expected from one surgery. Yes, it has been a painful road, but I plan on getting through it one step at a time. 

• Like 3

All that truely matters is how you feel about the result. If you feel more confident than you did before, then it's a great outcome. 

I can see a lot of improvement from where you started to where you are now. There is still more time for further density as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Frosted Flaked - I believe we had met at Philly during Dr. Sethi’s visit last year. We had a good few minutes of talk. Dr. Sethi had introduced you as a “Dr. Nick”, which I took seriously and started asking you about your specialty 😀

Happy to read your journey brother. 5k grafts+SMP definitely works on you, especially with buzz cut. Considering you had lots of beard grafts—which could take a bit longer to grow, I think you will see more growth in next few months for sure! Happy growing!

Keep us posted! Cheers.

• Thanks 1

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

Thanks for sharing your progress. You're already looking great, and the results are evident. Give it a few more months, and I'm confident you'll see even more improvement. Have you discussed with your doctor how many additional grafts they can extract from your beard and scalp for the second procedure to enhance density further? I also recommend Low Leaser therapy , PRP and Mesotheropy. It will help you to get maximum result . Some people reported and switched to oral minoxidil   for max result 

• Thanks 1

@mrmane85 Thank you, I appreciate that! Yes, for me it is a huge improvement over having nothing 😄 I will keep you updated. 

@YodaHead Thank you. Haha, "Dr. Nick", thats funny! Glad to have talked with you, and I appreciate the feedback. Yes, I hear those beard grafts can take a bit longer. I will keep you posted!

@Kamran10 Thank you, and Low Laser therapy, PRP, and Mesotherapy are great suggestions. I've been thinking about oral minoxidil as well, I'll have to check with Eugenix to see if they're ok with me starting it. I have talked to Eugenix about a second procedure, but they told me to wait at least a year until we start planning it. My scalp donor still feels quite dense- my guess is 2000 scalp, 2000 beard w mustache & sideburns, and I'm really hoping to throw Chest hair in the mix as well. I know body hair isn't great, but every little bit helps!

On 2/12/2024 at 9:52 PM, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

You look good with the buzz cut. Don't listen to anyone who says this was a bad result. You were a NW 7, so 5500 grafts was not going to be able to give you a totally full look when grown out. I know you already know that. 

I read all that beginning part about how you felt and dealt with everything through the years. Men who lose hair later in life don't really understand the issue of very young men losing a lot of hair quickly. It really kills your self esteem. Everyone makes comments, laughs at you, tells you how you look so old, etc. It's horrible, but the worst thing is those feelings tend to stay with you as you get older even though you know they shouldn't. I'm glad you finally did something about it.

Good luck in your journey.

You are a moderatror now, well deserved 🙌

• Like 1

Just read your thread. It's a hell of a journey you've been one, lots of trails and tribulations. Found a lot of hitting home hard with myself, I really understand the mental health impacts  of loosing hair so young.  I'm wishing you the best possible outcome, you really deserve it! Also glad you found the videos the clinic did on me helpful, I was super nervous making these, but really glad they are useful to others. 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/12/2024 at 9:44 AM, BaldReaper said:

Are you happy with the result?

I hope you are, but I have to express my honest opinion and say that this is a subpar result in my eyes.

image.thumb.png.a62f798544e3d831853857c9a62f2248.png

One more example to be added in Dr Das' work

Unfortunately I agree.

Even the pics at the 8 month mark… not seeing 5,500 grafts here.

And can’t help but notice that Eugenix ignored this thread, whereas they post in most of the other threads where Eugenix patients post.

But it still looks much better than before Frosted!!!

Edited by Buffaloboy

@Frosted Flaked
Thank you for choosing us for your hair restoration journey. We appreciate the update; your hair growth is progressing well according to the timeline. You can expect to see more growth in the coming months. As for the beard grafts used during your procedure, you should see the complete growth of these grafts within 14-16 months.

Regarding a second procedure, it can be considered after 12 months from the date of your initial procedure. We hope our care team has been in touch with you and has been able to answer all your queries. Please don't hesitate to send us a personalized message if you have any further questions.

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

@Buffaloboy Thank you for your honest feedback! But that photo was from one month during the duckling phase. It is placed at the end of my post for some reason, and is causing a lot of confusion. the growth has improved a lot since then.

@Melvin- Admin can you please remove the last 15 photos from my post. They moved to the end and they shouldn't be there. Thank you!

• Like 1

@Bandit90 Thank you John! I appreciate your feedback, and I've been following your thread since the beginning when I wasn't a HRN member. I am absolutely amazed with your progress and shocked to see you go for a third procedure, which will be amazing addition to what you already have!  I watched the JT video where you were combing through your hair, and I just keep watching it over and over because it brings me so much joy! I can't imagine the happiness you must feel after having such a successful restoration. I extremely happy for you, and wish you the best for your upcoming growth!

• Like 1

Here is the clearest photo I could find of my transplanted area before little to no shedding took place. As you can see, it is not densely packed. The grafts were spread over the entire area.  I've also placed photos from today... and yeah, definitely not 100% growth, and there are still annoying gaps, but a lot of beard hair was used and they don't have the highest growth yield.

It's ok, I will never become Fabio and I'm ok with short hair 😆

06.14A2.png

03.08.2024 1.jpg

03.08.2024 2.jpg

03.08.2024 3.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frosted Flaked said:

Here is the clearest photo I could find of my transplanted area before little to no shedding took place. As you can see, it is not densely packed. The grafts were spread over the entire area.  I've also placed photos from today... and yeah, definitely not 100% growth, and there are still annoying gaps, but a lot of beard hair was used and they don't have the highest growth yield.

06.14A2.png

03.08.2024 1.jpg

03.08.2024 2.jpg

03.08.2024 3.jpg

Hi @Frosted Flaked- This is looking most excellent. The illusion with the SMP and hair looks nothing short of 100% realistic IMHO! As for ever looking like Fabio...you never know. Grow this long and go back for a 2nd/3rd procedure and you might be surprised with how super full (Fabio-like) your hair could look. Look at @Bandit90...he is quickly approaching Fabio territory!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Frosted Flaked said:

06.14A2.png

03.08.2024 1.jpg

03.08.2024 2.jpg

03.08.2024 3.jpg

Were these pictures taken after you shed a lot of hairs?

I ask because if you believe rudimentary software, these pictures shows about 3000-ish grafts. Not 5,500.

IMG_8091.thumb.jpeg.2693eb066ad7d28ed5b830a3f76be178.jpeg

Edited by Buffaloboy

@BuffaloboyThats impressive, I didn't know you could do a graft count with an image like that! That was before the shed started, but maybe I lost some in the headwashes (I had three)...  but I doubt I would have lost 2500 during it, haha! I havent had a chance to see my Eugenix post op photos, which would be the most high quality images. Maybe I can get those photos and try the graft count on that one.

But who knows, maybe it truly isn't 5500 grafts, it's quite possible. I'm just gonna wait it out 18 months, and see If I'm a slow grower.

If this truly is a failure, I feel like it will be one step closer to accepting my baldness and moving on with my life... And I truly would love to finally reach that point of acceptance 😄

23 minutes ago, Frosted Flaked said:

@BuffaloboyThats impressive, I didn't know you could do a graft count with an image like that! That was before the shed started, but maybe I lost some in the headwashes (I had three)...  but I doubt I would have lost 2500 during it, haha! I havent had a chance to see my Eugenix post op photos, which would be the most high quality images. Maybe I can get those photos and try the graft count on that one.

But who knows, maybe it truly isn't 5500 grafts, it's quite possible. I'm just gonna wait it out 18 months, and see If I'm a slow grower.

If this truly is a failure, I feel like it will be one step closer to accepting my baldness and moving on with my life... And I truly would love to finally reach that point of acceptance 😄

This is far from a failure!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SLA said:

This is far from a failure!

However, you will not know the true potential of the illusion until grown out at least 3-4 inches :)

• Thanks 1