1 hour ago, Buffaloboy said:

Were these pictures taken after you shed a lot of hairs?

I ask because if you believe rudimentary software, these pictures shows about 3000-ish grafts. Not 5,500.

IMG_8091.thumb.jpeg.2693eb066ad7d28ed5b830a3f76be178.jpeg

@Buffaloboy are you able to share more details on where can i get this software and how to run it on an image? I'd like to give it a try on my image(s). Thanks! 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@Frosted Flaked this is an excellent write up. Ignore the unsupportive posters. This result needs more time and more grafts. A second pass will make a huge difference being a Norwood 7. Even after 8700 odd grafts in my first procedure it wasn’t until my second procedure matured that things really kicked off. Until then keep growing away. Fibers can always be your friend. 👌👊🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Gatsby Thank you Adrian for your support! What an inspiring journey you've had, and you've had an incredible transformation. I will probably give the growth at least 18 months to fully mature, before I consider another procedure. This process will take time for sure, and I'm ok with that.

All the best Adrian, and I wish you luck on your third procedure! I will be following your journey closely!

• Thanks 1

Your case is honestly so similar to mine I can’t believe it. 

Before I went for my HT I couldn’t find a single post like this, and now we’re both documenting our journeys. Hopefully it’ll help others as this method of HT, with a tailored outcome and realistic expectations is infinitely better than a slick bald head with SMP

@Bej520 I just took at look at your photos and I agree that our cases our remarkably similar! I think most people desire a fully dense head of hair, but people in our position realize that we will never have that density again. I was bald for many years, and couldn’t stand that smooth look and lack of hairline on my head. I just wanted stubbles at the very least, and the transplant made a big difference for me. I know there are other forum members that can’t understand why I’m happy with my result, but I had pretty low expectations for my first surgery.

For 3 1/2 months, your growth is excellent, and will significantly improve in the coming months!

best wishes

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 10:59 PM, Frosted Flaked said:

Hi @SLA Thanks for the encouragement! I've seen @Bandit90 Latest photos, and he could definitely pull it off, especially after the third surgery!

FABIO.gif

This made me laugh hard! Ill have to wait for the graft cloning before I can approach Fabio territory. But in all seriousness, you are a really educated patient and have some realistic expectations. Its a really interesting case, because I haven't seen many SMP + FUE combos, but if your 7-day post-shed pics are anything to go off, this is going to be a solid improvement. As @SLA mentioned this is far from a failure, you have a lot to look forward to. As a fellow NW7, you really have to be in the hair restoration for the long run, and there is always the prospect of more procedures. However, with the SMP you have a solid foundation and will be able to buzz down and have the a full looking 3D effect, which takes the stress out of undertaking multiple procedures. 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Bandit90 for the encouragement, it is much appreciated! Yes, even after the first HT growth fully matures there will be plenty of room for improvement. It will be a long journey for sure, so I'm definitely in it for the long run. 

As for hair Cloning... I've been told it will be out in 5 years... but I remember hearing that 17 years ago 😆

Edited by Frosted Flaked
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 2:30 PM, Frosted Flaked said:

03.08.2024 1.jpg

If this is what you really wanted, then that's it, this is the final result. And yes, it looks better then SMP on bald scalp. 

But in this case, i don't see point in doing next HT, it will only cause more scarring in the donor. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1