So, I just heard back from Zarev's office. No online consultations. Only off schedule (whatever that means) consults. And that happens within one year. Costs 900 Euros. After that, 2 year wait for procedure and that costs 9 Euros/graft. 

I know Zarev has produced some really good results, but is it me or is this price a little too much for someone who really hasn't been doing it for that long ? Not knocking him and not trying to come across as negative or trollish, just a little shocked at how prohibitive it is for anyone of normal means to go to Zarev. And, we thought capitalism was a uniquely American thing. 

• Like 1

It is indeed pricey. On the other hand he is unique in what he does imo, he can restore a NW7 masterfully. His prices are still comparable to Konior's, other US doctors' or Munib Ahmad's and arguably he treats tougher cases (high Norwoods). It may also be that he tries to manage extreme demand by simply raising his prices, not because he is just greedy or sth. 

I reckon he may re-open consultations at some point in the future with his old 5eur/gr prices-he did offer such consultations until last summer.

Edited by Stoner

i think he will eventually get a doctor trained under his techniques and offer a lower package

I have no doubt a dr trained under him would be top class.

He has other operating rooms so that would be the plan eventually

Forgive my ignorance, but how long has Zarev been doing this? I know his FUE prices are comparable to Konior and H&W. But, the latter two have been at it for a few decades now. 

He has few years waiting list with his current prices, so from his perspective why not.
There are not many doctors who could do his work. 
Its like asking Lebron James why he hasn't lowered his wages. Because he is one of the best ever and people are willing to pay him.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, hairsave2021 said:

He has few years waiting list with his current prices, so from his perspective why not.
There are not many doctors who could do his work. 
Its like asking Lebron James why he hasn't lowered his wages. Because he is one of the best ever and people are willing to pay him.

Exactly this^

When the demand goes up, the prices must go up. Otherwise no one will benefit. What good is it being cheaper but not available for years. Better to eliminate some of his patients, but at least he’s accessible to some patients who can pay him. 

I have personally encountered surgeons whose demand goes up and their prices stay the same. They become inaccessible. Not good. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
49 minutes ago, zach07 said:

So, I just heard back from Zarev's office. No online consultations. Only off schedule (whatever that means) consults. And that happens within one year. Costs 900 Euros. After that, 2 year wait for procedure and that costs 9 Euros/graft. 

I know Zarev has produced some really good results, but is it me or is this price a little too much for someone who really hasn't been doing it for that long ? Not knocking him and not trying to come across as negative or trollish, just a little shocked at how prohibitive it is for anyone of normal means to go to Zarev. And, we thought capitalism was a uniquely American thing. 

His normal price is €5 per graft & €150 for the consultation, which is well in line with other top docs in Europe and elsewhere. 

But he’s booked up for consultations nearly three years in advance on those prices. “Off-schedule” basically means that if anyone wants to jump the queue and see him sooner, they’re going to have to pay big bucks for it. It’s not a totally unreasonable model by any means really. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

His normal price is €5 per graft & €150 for the consultation, which is well in line with other top docs in Europe and elsewhere. 

But he’s booked up for consultations nearly three years in advance on those prices. “Off-schedule” basically means that if anyone wants to jump the queue and see him sooner, they’re going to have to pay big bucks for it. It’s not a totally unreasonable model by any means really. 

Thank you for that info. Makes a whole lot more sense now. 

9 hours ago, zach07 said:

He has roughly 12 years experience in the HT industry. Also I had my consultation in march this year and paid only 50 euros, which is incredible as people were already paying 150 lol. Got lucky but I knew about him for years, was just reading/analyzing his cases carefully and sorting out the funds question as I was a student still.

On 1/17/2024 at 6:17 PM, Berba11 said:

Hi
I'm booked from september 2022 to see him this year for consultation, does it mean I'm going to pay 900 euro for it or 150?

On 1/18/2024 at 3:03 AM, MC117 said:

He has roughly 12 years experience in the HT industry. Also I had my consultation in march this year and paid only 50 euros, which is incredible as people were already paying 150 lol. Got lucky but I knew about him for years, was just reading/analyzing his cases carefully and sorting out the funds question as I was a student still.

How did you get a consultation on 50 euro, does it change with the booking time?

20 minutes ago, Fmulder said:

How did you get a consultation on 50 euro, does it change with the booking time?

I booked my consultation around early 2022 so it was less expensive back then, the price got bumped up to 150 few months later if I recall well.

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, Fmulder said:

Hi
I'm booked from september 2022 to see him this year for consultation, does it mean I'm going to pay 900 euro for it or 150?

You should have paid already but no, if you booked back then I’m sure it would be the standard price. In fact yours may not cost €50 if you booked in 2022. 

You should message the clinic on WhatsApp to clarify if you’ve not already paid. 

• Administrators
On 1/17/2024 at 5:03 PM, MC117 said:

50 dollars for a comprehensive assessment and analysis that takes hours is high way robbery 😅

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

50 dollars for a comprehensive assessment and analysis that takes hours is high way robbery 😅

Haha, biggest hold up ever ! Super pumped about it.