Input Requested For the Potential Recommendation of Dr. Zarev-Bulgaria

• Administrators

Dr. Zarev has earned a demi-god-like reputation on our forum since our members shared their excellent results and reviews. His cases have been jaw-dropping and even mesmerizing. His quality, case presentation, and results have been top-notch. Dr. Zarev can achieve incredible coverage and density in patients with extreme levels of baldness.

We are now considering him for a potential recommendation- this requires that he meet our strict community standards of performing ultra-refined follicular unit grafting with consistently high yields and excellent results. We expect our surgeons to be able to not only dense-pack quality follicular unit grafting but also have the capacity and staffing to transplant thousands of follicular units daily. 

Our recommended physicians must operate transparently and be held publicly accountable, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them right after surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation for credibility. That is why our list of recommendations is unlike any other on the internet. We use the collective wisdom and input of the entire community.

Why We Feel Dr. Zarev is Worthy of Our Recommendation. 

Dr. Zarev performs FUE solely in his practice. Dr. Zarev uses a customized tiny punch to extract a large number of follicular units without causing an aesthetic dilution to the donor area. He rarely performs body hair transplantation (BHT), but he has in exceptional cases where the patient no longer has viable scalp hair. Dr. Zarev can extract up to 60% of the donor area using a micro-camera and in-depth quantitative assessment of the safe donor area.

Dr. Zarev requires the patient to see him in person for an in-depth assessment and a custom approach to meet their hair restoration goals. He handles all his consultations and plans, designs every procedure, and extracts and implants all the grafts. He performs every part of the procedure with the utmost attention to detail and finesse. This attention to detail is evident in the final results. 

Dr. Zarev has become synonymous with FUE gigasessions. He has multiple patients with over 10,000 grafts, all via FUE, using only scalp hair. But he is not only a surgeon who performs large gigasessions. He also has top-notch hairline work and repairs. 

View Dr. Zarev's website here. You can view his Instagram here. Check out his YouTube Channel here

As always, we learn through our collective knowledge and experiences. I look forward to hearing your input and feedback.

Patient Posted Results

Results from his site

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/12620-SIY

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/11370Grafts

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/12,138-RKN

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/12890-TGN

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/11160 Grafts

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/11010-YSP

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/10850Grafts-9months

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/11,910-RYY

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Given Dr.Zarev's history with unbelievable results in high norwood patients I believe its a yes absolutely

Agreed, he’s definitely a no-brainer.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

Agreed, I think he should be on list. Quick question, did he ask to be recommended on the forum?

We had a discussion about him potentially joining after our podcast. 

• Like 1

View my thread

He has my vote. My experience has been exceptional. His short-term planning, his long-term planning, his requiring an in person before agreeing to surgery, his insane level of detail in the surgical cases, and his very thorough follow through make him a shoe in from my perspective. In addition to the three cases on this site I consulted with three Bulgarians, a Greek gentleman, and an American who were his patients before I decided on having my procedure with him. They all had positive things to say. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, mtb said:

He has my vote. My experience has been exceptional. His short-term planning, his long-term planning, his requiring an in person before agreeing to surgery, his insane level of detail in the surgical cases, and his very thorough follow through make him a shoe in from my perspective. In addition to the three cases on this site I consulted with three Bulgarians, a Greek gentleman, and an American who were his patients before I decided on having my procedure with him. They all had positive things to say. 

Your vote means a lot. Hopefully more patients share their results here 🙏

View my thread

Posted (edited)

3 cases is not sufficient evidence, its a no from me. I think if more people are willing to contribute their story I am willing to change my response at a later time.

Although the 3 cases have been insanely well performed with a great result, there have been amazing doctors who have fell off with time. With that being said could we possibly have Dr. Zarev share some cases, if he is willing to, and we can re-evaluate again in the future?

Edited by Vann
  • Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

5 minutes ago, Vann said:

3 cases is not sufficient evidence, its a no from me. I think if more people are willing to contribute their story I am willing to change my response at a later time.

Although the 3 cases have been insanely amazing well performed and have a great result, there have been amazing doctors who have fell off with time. With that being said could we possibly have Dr. Zarev share some cases, if he is willing to, and we can re-evaluate again in the future?

He’s got a ton of cases on his Instagram page, granted they aren’t independent but they are presented clearly and documented excellently.

It’s a yes from me. You only have to look at the respect he’s built up around the world from other Dr’s to realise this guy is the real deal. Unless he dramatically changes his approach I don’t see his work falling off . It’s done very methodically, there’s less variables due to the level of planning involved.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks to everyone who has shared their input regarding Dr. Zarev. We have been following Dr. Zarev for a few years now. I believe his track record and results are consistent and impressive. Now that we have a few patients sharing their results. 

I expect we will all see many more impressive results from Dr. Zarev, and his patients for years to come.

View my thread

The man is a pioneer and a genius - artistic, scientific, innovative and displays incredible dedication to his craft and patients. My only concern is whether he's actually human (though I'm not sure if that would disqualify him?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have been impressed with his work for quite some time, OK I agree that on this particular forum we don't have too many results, hopefully that will change. From the results I have seen here and on other platforms I would say yes, and hope he doesn't change up his business model like so many others before him. 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Whilst not many cases on here, we all know about him, have seen his results doing the rounds and they are some of the best results you could every expect to see. Hopefully if he's approved then we'll get the benefit of more cases.

• Like 2

I have not posted much on here, but based on my experience there's zero doubt he should be recommended. I'm 7 months in after my first and only surgery with Dr. Zarev and could not be happier with the results so far. If tomorrow I had no increase in density and no future surgeries, I would still be better off than I ever could have imagined when I started this journey. I found him and made my decision to proceed with Dr. Zarev based on what I had seen on this forum. I understand it's a smaller sample size, but the idea that I made my decision based on the feedback and results posted on this forum and yet he's not recommended feels like a bit of a disconnect.

I understand the pushback based on small sample size, but I think it would be a disservice to other high norwoods like myself not to recommend him. Personally, i can't imagine telling anyone with my level of baldness to use anyone else ahead of him.

• Like 2

something not mentioned on here that i like by Dr Zarev

9 months after the procedure he likes his patients to go back to the clinic for a review of the results.

I think it is a really good touch he doesnt just do the surgery then thats it

I will post my surgery with him later this year

• Like 1

This is not even a question, Dr. Zarev is the best for NW5/NW6/NW7 restoration with incredibly minimal scarring. It's a shame his waitlists are so long unfortunately which makes him a non-viable option for some of us that are not able to wait that long.

He should definitely be on the list.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Dr. Zarev has earned a demi-god-like reputation on our forum since our members shared their excellent results and reviews. His cases have been jaw-dropping and even mesmerizing. His quality, case presentation, and results have been top-notch. Dr. Zarev can achieve incredible coverage and density in patients with extreme levels of baldness.

We are now considering him for a potential recommendation- this requires that he meet our strict community standards of performing ultra-refined follicular unit grafting with consistently high yields and excellent results. We expect our surgeons to be able to not only dense-pack quality follicular unit grafting but also have the capacity and staffing to transplant thousands of follicular units daily. 

Our recommended physicians must operate transparently and be held publicly accountable, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them right after surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation for credibility. That is why our list of recommendations is unlike any other on the internet. We use the collective wisdom and input of the entire community.

Why We Feel Dr. Zarev is Worthy of Our Recommendation. 

Dr. Zarev performs FUE solely in his practice. Dr. Zarev uses a customized tiny punch to extract a large number of follicular units without causing an aesthetic dilution to the donor area. He rarely performs body hair transplantation (BHT), but he has in exceptional cases where the patient no longer has viable scalp hair. Dr. Zarev can extract up to 60% of the donor area using a micro-camera and in-depth quantitative assessment of the safe donor area.

Dr. Zarev requires the patient to see him in person for an in-depth assessment and a custom approach to meet their hair restoration goals. He handles all his consultations and plans, designs every procedure, and extracts and implants all the grafts. He performs every part of the procedure with the utmost attention to detail and finesse. This attention to detail is evident in the final results. 

Dr. Zarev has become synonymous with FUE gigasessions. He has multiple patients with over 10,000 grafts, all via FUE, using only scalp hair. But he is not only a surgeon who performs large gigasessions. He also has top-notch hairline work and repairs. 

View Dr. Zarev's website here. You can view his Instagram here. Check out his YouTube Channel here

As always, we learn through our collective knowledge and experiences. I look forward to hearing your input and feedback.

Patient Posted Results

Results from his site

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/12620-SIY

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/11370Grafts

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/12,138-RKN

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/12890-TGN

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/11160 Grafts

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/11010-YSP

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/10850Grafts-9months

https://www.hairtransplantation.bg/index.php/en/event/11,910-RYY

I saw one of your podcasts with Dr. Zarev. I think he’s a great surgeon. Yes, from my side. Punch tool that he developed I think is one of the reasons behind his success, causes no scars at all. Moreover, looks like no extraction actually happened in the donor area. I wonder when that tool would be available for other surgeons to use. 

• Like 2

I don't think this should really be a debate. Anyone that has the funds and can get an appointment should consider Zarev as a top choice. 

His work is peerless right now for high NW cases. 

Hopefully he teaches many future surgeons. 

• Like 1