Happy New Year - How Can We Improve

• Administrators

Happy New Year, 

Each year I like to start off with asking all of you all, the ways we can improve and make our community better. Any feedback, criticisms, and overall input is welcomed. 

Last year, after hearing all the input, we decided to consolidate the surgeon review and patient experience section into one “hair transplant reviews” section. I think it was a great community idea that has made navigating our community easier for members and visitors. 

So please share your thoughts and feedback 🙏

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

i think a great idea would be to after the results are finalized to edit the OP to include before & after results.

Something to it easier to view patients before & after results would be good when they post there results rather than the clinic

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

i think a great idea would be to after the results are finalized to edit the OP to include before & after results.

Something to it easier to view patients before & after results would be good when they post there results rather than the clinic

Do you mean edit their 1st post with their before and after? Or somehow list it as a thumbnail on their thread?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

It would be great to have a section dedicated to repairs. Similar to how there is a niche audience of beard transplants, there is a significant section of HRN that is really only interested in repair doctors and related information. 

• Like 1

Would be great if there were some kind of minimum requirements regarding results documentation - i.e. quality of pictures, size of pictures, donor area (a must!) and a short video of proper comb-throughs if possible.

Users of the forum having to ask a surgeon if they can post donor pics is not only a waste of time but also kind of insulting at this point. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Would be great if there were some kind of minimum requirements regarding results documentation

I think it should be mandatory to name the clinic/surgeon for any reviews. It will increase transparency and accountability for patients and doctors alike. 

When creating a new post, perhaps the HRN web developer can have a required "Clinic/Surgeon Name" in order to post. 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Would be great if there were some kind of minimum requirements regarding results documentation - i.e. quality of pictures, size of pictures, donor area (a must!) and a short video of proper comb-throughs if possible.

Users of the forum having to ask a surgeon if they can post donor pics is not only a waste of time but also kind of insulting at this point. 

So a template for doctors? That’s a great idea. I don’t think we can expect patients to post this, as they’re posting voluntarily. But maybe we can have some templates for patients as well. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
3 hours ago, hairman22 said:

Edit opening post

I can definitely implement that, I usually do that in their latest posts. But putting it in their original post is a great idea. 

• Like 1

View my thread

I like to have things organised, so I LOVE the idea of templates. If possible, I'd like to see patient templates for:

• Initial posting - pre/post-op. With mandatory naming of clinic/doctor, date, number of grafts and method used;
  • Follow-ups - 10 days post-op, 1 month post-op, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, etc

In both cases - some requirements around the photos (lights, size, angles/areas) are perhaps a good idea. I've read many posts where people ask questions but forget to put adequate photos in place to help others respond better to their questions and this will help mitigate the issue while also serving to document the journey better for others to learn from.

Photos can be anonymised (perhaps automatically?!) - I think we all only care about the donor/recipient areas anyway.

• Like 1

1. Close the FUE section and move the FUE section to be included in the "hair transplant review" section
  2. Moderate the "hair transplant review" section better. By this I mean removing all threads that are not reviews. For instance, why is the Verteporfin thread pinned in the review section? Move it to the "drugs" section
  3. A tag system so that authors and moderators can tag reviews in the reviews section. For instance, one can add a tag for the surgeon (not clinic, please, only surgeons), a tag for FUE or FUT, a tag for hairline or crown, and a tag for repair. Make the tags searchable. It would make it MUCH more simple to find correct content while searching
  4. A standardized way of naming threads in the review section, i.e., all relevant info first in a given order (perhaps the tags listed above)
  • Like 2

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Chrisno said:
  1. Close the FUE section and move the FUE section to be included in the "hair transplant review" section
  2. Moderate the "hair transplant review" section better. By this I mean removing all threads that are not reviews. For instance, why is the Verteporfin thread pinned in the review section? Move it to the "drugs" section
  3. A tag system so that authors and moderators can tag reviews in the reviews section. For instance, one can add a tag for the surgeon (not clinic, please, only surgeons), a tag for FUE or FUT, a tag for hairline or crown, and a tag for repair. Make the tags searchable. It would make it MUCH more simple to find correct content while searching
  4. A standardized way of naming threads in the review section, i.e., all relevant info first in a given order (perhaps the tags listed above)

We could move the FUE section to the hair transplant review section, but then some may suggest hair transplant repair fall under hair transplant reviews as well. 

I can move the Verteporfin thread. My thoughts were have this thread in the review section since it’s correlated to surgery. But if the community wants it moved I have no problem with that. 

These tags do exist, you can essentially create any tag you want. It’s up to the users, it’s not a pre-set of tags.

IMG_1568.png

Im going to work on a template, I’ll probably create another post and have the community add their input. This is all great stuff guys. Thanks for sharing input to make our community the best source for research! 

I have to say, im apprehensive about forcing users to name the surgeon.  For example, there are times that users cannot name surgeons due to potential litigation. But they want to gather opinions on this forum from knowledgeable experienced users. I think we should strongly encourage users to name the surgeon, but not force them. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Posted (edited)

perhaps 2 sections NW4-7 transplants

then NW1-3 transplants

So people who need mostly hairline can find results in NW1-3 then the mega sessions for NW4 and above

Edited by hairman22
  • Like 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

perhaps 2 sections NW4-7 transplants

then NW1-3 transplants

So people who need mostly hairline can find results in NW1-3 then the mega sessions for NOW$ and above

I like that idea, maybe sub-sections in the hair transplant review section. How does everyone feel about that?

• Like 2

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I have to say, im apprehensive about forcing users to name the surgeon.  For example, there are times that users cannot name surgeons due to potential litigation.

Given that this is extremely rare, couldn't such an issue be addressed in a template and/or subject to review before posting so as to ascertain the validity of keeping the surgeon anonymous? Most people already do name their surgeon, and those that don't almost always do so after being asked/prompted.

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Given that this is extremely rare, couldn't such an issue be addressed in a template and/or subject to review before posting so as to ascertain the validity of keeping the surgeon anonymous? Most people already do name their surgeon, and those that don't almost always do so after being asked/prompted.

Yes, I think I will have the template pinned. It will have the surgeons name there as a must, and if someone chooses not to share it. I think we would have to move the thread outside of the review section and encourage them to share the name. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Declaring conflicts of interest. Anyone (senior members) that get a free transplant or major discounts from a recommended forum doctor should have it declared in their signature.

• Like 1

• Administrators
15 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i feel like we have a bit too many subforums 

Can you expand? 

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, shiba1985 said:

Declaring conflicts of interest. Anyone (senior members) that get a free transplant or major discounts from a recommended forum doctor should have it declared in their signature.

That’s a good idea. My only concern is how would we know. 

View my thread

9 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Can you expand? 

my assumption: the average users only uses a certain amount of subforums and ignores the rests. hence topics posted on these little used subforums will get unnoticed. these topics get lost

hence at one point too many subforums can be actually harmful to the discussion and overall „forum experience“