How Good is My Donor Hair

Hello, I have been on Oral Minoxidil and Finasteride for 3 months. Too early to see results but I feel like it is thickening up the back and sides of my head. (Still hoping for growth at the temples).

I will take this medication for the indefinite future but I am too young for the HT at the moment. 

IMG_1654.jpeg

IMG_1655.jpeg

IMG_1651.jpeg

• Confused 1

• Administrators

Why are you considering surgery? You have a full head of hair. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That’s the plan for now. I like lurking on the forum to learn. My number one goal is maintaining the hair I have cause it’s much easier than regrowing what I have lost. 

when I’m in my mid to late 20s I’ll reassess and see if a HT is necessary. (Assuming hair loss stabilizes any everything else is in order). 

Stay on meds and don't think about getting HT now, you need to wait more years...

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

As others have said stick to the meds if required but Id say you have a long way to go before you need any work doing. 

My hairline starting receding before you and just styling my hair differently kept it manageable for another 15 years lol

I really appreciate your frustration, especially given your young age. However, I think most of the above advice is sound; stick to medication for now and see how your condition develops. One practical option for now might be to let your hair grow and cover those temples with a messy hairstyle or a combover, while keeping the sides short to enhance the appearance of full coverage. 

If a) those slightly receded temples still bother you and, b) your hair loss is stabilized or, at least, receding at a slower pace on medication, I believe you can consider surgery in about 9-12 months after having got on meds. Still, in this case, I would stay on the conservative side and not go more than 1k grafts. Also, because you have a full head of hear otherwise, it will be a bit hard for the surgeon to replicate your hair's native density in the transplanted temples, so make sure you go for someone who is an expert in that regard (I would personally suggest Couto, Pekiner, De Freitas, Pinto and, possibly, Laorwong). 

Your donor looks fine, not great but not bad either. Hair caliber looks fairly thin in size. Hair to skin contrast is about medium. 

The thing is at 23 it's really hard to say what your donor quality is. Most guys with early balding develop retrograde alopecia but that usually develops later on.