Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong | Absolute Hair Clinic| FUE 4117 | Bangkok, Thailand

Ake

On 10/27/2023 at 4:16 PM, Ake said:

Ok here is my 10 day update post HT.
Flew home on day 4 after the procedure, was soooo paranoid that someone would bump my head getting up behind me or walking down the aisle, I was in an aisle seat. Took a Valium to help me sleep but only slept 4hrs of the 9hr flight. My head felt swollen after the flight and for the next day or two (was still taking anti swelling meds). When I would bend over my head would feel pressure (they say don’t bend over, but kinda hard when you have young kids and they haven’t seen you for a week and just wanna play). My donor was itchy which started day 3 and then starting to sting/itch kinda after day 6. Nothing bad, but enough to bother you. (Would apply paw paw ointment to the donor area to help with the itchiness, which helped me. Light patting the area as well. Sleep was bad for the first 6 days, was only getting 3-4 hrs sleep. Just can’t get comfortable as the donor area was sore and you don’t want to role around much incase you damage the graft area. 
Day 6 & 7 I took nurofen before bed and I got 6-7hrs sleep. Day nine was better no nurofen before bed.
Washing it for the first time is very scary, you just don’t wanna do anything wrong. Day 5&6 I used baby shampoo & water in a spray bottle and didn’t touch the top
I’m not gonna lie I didn’t think the recovery was gonna be this uncomfortable (everyone worries about the procedure and the needles for the surgery, it’s what happens the first week after you should be concerned about) I don’t know how some guys say they go back to work after a few days. Take a week to recover guys. I had 4000 holes put in my head.  The donor is sore at first but then just becomes sensitive. Top is fine as it’s still numb
Here are my 10day update photos. I’m starting to get used to the shaved head.  

This was 5months ago with damp hair
IMG_6085.thumb.jpeg.09a23d88d889b5ed77157322f5e1e93d.jpeg

IMG_7760.jpeg

IMG_7761.jpeg

IMG_7762.jpeg

IMG_7763.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

Hi Ake, I have been reading your posts before making decision on mine, so thanks a lot. Since we are doing HT from the same clinic, I see a lot of similarity of what I went through when I re-read your experience again. How are you holding up? I can see that for photos post-ops day 10, your head/hair condition looks better than mine. I can also see that you are a bit younger so hair growth is definitely faster than mine. I'm at my day-8 now. I started to feel some headache since day 6, I'm guessing that's because the anaesthesia is fading off..... Did you experience any?

8 hours ago, romeo_gent said:

Hi Ake, I have been reading your posts before making decision on mine, so thanks a lot. Since we are doing HT from the same clinic, I see a lot of similarity of what I went through when I re-read your experience again. How are you holding up? I can see that for photos post-ops day 10, your head/hair condition looks better than mine. I can also see that you are a bit younger so hair growth is definitely faster than mine. I'm at my day-8 now. I started to feel some headache since day 6, I'm guessing that's because the anaesthesia is fading off..... Did you experience any?

you will feel all kinds of things, sharp, dull, pressure, headaches and general discomfort for the first 2-3 weeks. You have had 4000 holes drilled in your head and then another 4000 cuts on the top. It’s surgery, so it will take a few weeks to recover. That’s why I don’t know how people go back to work after a few days, I guess everyone recovers differently. I sure didn’t. 

5 hours ago, Ake said:

you will feel all kinds of things, sharp, dull, pressure, headaches and general discomfort for the first 2-3 weeks. You have had 4000 holes drilled in your head and then another 4000 cuts on the top. It’s surgery, so it will take a few weeks to recover. That’s why I don’t know how people go back to work after a few days, I guess everyone recovers differently. I sure didn’t. 

thanks for feedback Ake.... yes.... I have to start taking painkiller from time to time...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So at the 12 week mark. A lot of the read/pinkness has gone. Still have some numbness in the mid scalp. Really thought it would have gone by now. 
Last 2 weeks started to get some dandruff and itchy scalp, don’t know what from as I hadn’t changed my shampoo. Been wearing a hat for longer periods, might be that. But this week I switched to a different brand baby shampoo and I think it’s helped. 
I think I'm starting to see some growth (very minimal) or it could be that my hair is growing longer as I’ve just been trying to keep it short. You guys can be the judge. 

IMG_8749.jpeg

IMG_8750.jpeg

IMG_8752.jpeg

IMG_8754.jpeg

IMG_8757.jpeg

IMG_8762.jpeg

IMG_8760.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You made it past the hardest part.  Looks like you are starting to fill in.  I'm a few weeks ahead and have been seeing some good growth.  Exciting times! 

My head is still pretty numb too.  I think it is getting a little better but I have been surprised with how long it is lasting.  That doesn't seem that common based on everything I have read in this forum.

Happy growing!

Looks like you’re turning the corner and growth is starting to come in. I had my procedure with Dr. L just about 5 days before you and I’m basically at the same pace. Although I haven’t taken updated photos yet, I can feel the growth when I run my fingers over my scalp. Can’t wait to see what we look like in a couple more months!

2 hours ago, Cooper48 said:

You made it past the hardest part.  Looks like you are starting to fill in.  I'm a few weeks ahead and have been seeing some good growth.  Exciting times! 

My head is still pretty numb too.  I think it is getting a little better but I have been surprised with how long it is lasting.  That doesn't seem that common based on everything I have read in this forum.

Happy growing!

I hope so, Still feels like it’s gonna take forever to see some more results. 
Your hairline is filling very well. Did you end up getting a cut? In your thread you mentioned your shock loss near your ear is more pro-dominant in the left side.  Cause my left side is a lot more thin in the same area. My theory is I tend to favour that side when I sleep. How about you?

Yeah I really thought it would have gone by now but still numb. It’s sure taking its time.

thank you. Happy growing to you too. 

1 hour ago, Fabio said:

Looks like you’re turning the corner and growth is starting to come in. I had my procedure with Dr. L just about 5 days before you and I’m basically at the same pace. Although I haven’t taken updated photos yet, I can feel the growth when I run my fingers over my scalp. Can’t wait to see what we look like in a couple more months!

I know the feeling. I’m starting to get impatient and want some wow growth. 

Interesting theory about sleeping. I am a side sleeper but not aware if I have a dominant side.  I move a lot while sleeping.  Maybe it is my left. The good news is that this hair seems to be coming back. Just started to notice over the last week. 

I cut my own hair just to hack it back a little. It actually made things look better. it’s how I noticed the donor coming back. 

I think I was at the lowest at where you are now. Just a few weeks ago. The last few weeks have made all the difference. Hair has really started to sprout and it blends in a lot better with my other hair. Even the crown has started to fill in.   Hang in there. Big changes should be coming very soon!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ake said:

I hope so, Still feels like it’s gonna take forever to see some more results. 
Your hairline is filling very well. Did you end up getting a cut? In your thread you mentioned your shock loss near your ear is more pro-dominant in the left side.  Cause my left side is a lot more thin in the same area. My theory is I tend to favour that side when I sleep. How about you?

Yeah I really thought it would have gone by now but still numb. It’s sure taking its time.

thank you. Happy growing to you too. 

Maybe your theory might have something to it :) I tend to prefer sleeping on my right side and it is the same side that I see a little shock loss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

16 weeks post op. 
It’s stating to fill out a lot more now. Still keeping it short. Top is No.5 and sides are no.1 and some parts 1/2. Which it too short to hide the scars. Especially at the back. 
Still have some slight numbness on top. I’m happy with the progress so far for. 

IMG_8992.jpeg

IMG_8990.jpeg

IMG_8930.jpeg

IMG_8939.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

You have had a lot of growth over the last month!  Definitely filling in nicely and you can barely tell your donor was touched.  I'll bet a non transplant person would notice even with it that short.  Good to see that growth kick in.  This is the fun part.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Looking great, mate!

In a couple of months, it's gonna look so good you'll be able to say that you never had a hair transplant :)

Happy for you!!

• Thanks 1