Has victory been achieved after 16 years of absolute turmoil! One life One Chance

Hello everyone,

2 FUTS 4 FUES, 4 rounds of SMP, all covered in 3 different continents, time, energy, persistency, despair, all through your 20s and 30s whilst building yourself during your peak years but having to do with the burden of the disastrous results that has left you looking beyond your years despite the rest of you looking well under your years. With the added use of hair system for 10 years where every 3 days come rain or sun, self care of this was a mandatory part of life regardless of where you are. To add to this, you have the situation of being a very heavy sweater...combine this with the 10 years and issues in personal life/ relationships on a consistent basis. Motivations and emotions being really put to the sword as well as having regular regular bouts of insomnia (which exists till this day)....welcome to my world.

For anyone who may not be familiar with who I am, I joined this forum back in 2007 when I was 20 and a NW5. A chap who at the age of 13 was known for having the thickest set of hair in his whole year group to envy of some people...fast forward 7 years and this become the complete opposite. You can have a look at my journey through the links below:

For some reason, my blog does not work. @Melvin- Admin not sure if you can take a look into this?

So despite all this, did this stop me??

The short answer is No. You must be thinking I am crazy. Maybe I am but I believe that when you have gone through what I have, what I have got to lose?? Time is finite and with the speed it is going, no way would I want to be in a situation in my life towards the backend where I am saying ' I wish I did this', rather I want to say ' I gave it all with what I had and I am glad I did' .

If you look at the first line, it says 2 FUTs 4 FUES and 4 rounds of SMP. So the 2 FUTS was done with Rahal clinic in Ottawa - results - meh! Still have the reminder with the FUT scar on the back of my head which I was often asked about during my SMP times which again was another commitment in itself - The SMP that is! 2 FUES were done in New Delhi with an at the time, reputed physician - results - not great- heaps and heaps of sparseness. 4 rounds of SMP as you can see in one of my posts. SMP was good but its something I knew I didnt want to commit to for the rest of my life. You may be thinking okay, 2 FUES and 2 FUTS is 4 so where have the other 2 come from?

By now, my mindset had become a dogged one and one in which regardless of what happens now, it was not soo much about the hair as it was about taking on the challenge. The thought that ' there has to be a solution out there somewhere'. This ticked in my mind 24/7 for the last 10 years. By now, I also got divorced and this really sparked the ignition in me. Not because of the divorce but because of the events leading upto (I want bore you with it here) it and the other half of my mind which had committed to think about a solution and nothing else. I had enough and thought I cant take this anymore, who out there is going to be my saviour...

*Drumrolls*

Enter @Eugenix Hair Science . I met Dr Pradeep Sethi in London last year around January. @Bandit90 was also fresh out from his first procedure also and I got to witness this. I was in my SMP phase then and as the time came to meet Dr Sethi, I was told to grow out the hair I had. I did but not as much as I would have wanted. Dr Sethis first words to me were "where is your hair?" . I think that was more a testimony to the fine calibre hair I had, remaining sprinkle of whatever grafts survived the 4 HTs- my guess would be somewhere around 800- 1000 grafts max and a barren crown. Dr Sethi examined my head, my beard and basically said "we will take you on if you are okay with having no beard". As I was determined to prove to myself that I can regain hair back, I was like Yes that's fine. Simple. Hardly a 15 minute conversation and I was booking HT5 . I already had heard great things about Eugenix , especially results like @Gatsby (who basically went through what I had) and @Zoomster . I also came to know that @Melvin- Admin had been there so I thought really...what have I got to lose. If anything, there is only gains.

So fast forward to December 2022 where I sat in the chair for the 5th time, I was told that for a full procedure it will be a 2 sittings. At that time, I felt a little bit down as I wanted this journey to now come to an end and I dont have to think about it anymore but I thought, okay..it is what it is...this too shall also pass. We managed to get just over 3000 scalp and beard. 

For all those who have been to Eugenix, they all talk about the hospitality side and how great it is. I can vouch for that also. Their service is phenomenal. I have no other words - period.

So..you may be thinking ...okay that was December 2022 and its been 10 months now, what happened? It has been good and what was implanted has been growing just fine. As I sit here now having just completed HT2 (whaaaat you say), I have nothing but praise for Eugenix. The contrast between the front and crown was getting huge month by month ans I really needed this HT2 in which we managed a combined grafts of 2904. I think this is a testimony to who they are. Remember, in terms of my journey it has been very tough so credit needs to be given where due. To add to what this meant to me, towards the end of my HT2 with Eugenix on day 3 of 3, as my chest and now pubes were being extracted, my emotions finally caught up with me after 16 years of feeling like a captured prisoner within my own mind. It was also the sharp prick of the anaesthetic on my chin that made me stop the technicians so I can sit up. I kept my head bowed as tears were welling up. I am not an emotional or an overly sensitive guy but it was the thought of ' wow, look at all the things I have had to go through to get here, I am getting my chest and now even my pubes...who would have thought this 16 years back'....this is what ran through my mind as my body was shaking and the awesome technicians felt that I was in a bit of a distraught and massaged my arms and back before I took a deep breath and said 'okay lets get this finished'. I did however after the surgery felt this sense of welling up and so asked Dr Pradeep if I can talk to him in private to which he obliged and we sat in the O.T. This is where (and I am not embarrassed to admit it) I cried. As I did, I just basically told Dr Pradeep of how tough it has been and to be here and the service I got, I was grateful for. Even as I just typed that sentence, the welling up came again lol. How this has affected my life is something else. In a nutshell, I can definitely say it stopped me from being who I am actually am and unfortunately, growing up, I didnt really have that support or mentoring as to how to deal with situations so I have had to work it out myself (by hook or crook). I go on and on about the struggles but I understand that time is of essence.

So @Eugenix Hair Science ..Thank you soo much. You have certainly won a fan for life. Thank you for being able to find the 5904 grafts and making me beardless haha. I will get used to it. I will get used to it. I can name names here but really there are wayyy too many including the three wonderful hosts at the Eugenix farmhouse in which I literally lived like a king. I would also like to thank @Bandit90 with whom I am in regular contact and for being there at time of need- cheers pal! As I stroke the stubble in my crown which was completely hairless for the past 8 years, I look forward to sharing results with you all. But for now:

InShot_20231011_123310473~2.jpg

image.png.64e42eecfcb458146d53a082a571956f.png

Back in 2020 during hair system time

Edited by azza786
  • Like 10
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 2

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Valued Contributor

@azza786 you have taken the adage ‘whatever it takes’ to another level. It was quite emotional reading this post (and in many parts I could definitely identify). I wish you every success and knowing your determination you are going to get it. Remember this is always a long game approach based on patience. The first bird gets the worm but sometimes it takes the second mouse to get the cheese. Keep your eye on the prize. 👌

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 4

@azza786

Thank you for entrusting us with your hair restoration once again. We are genuinely delighted to have you back for this journey, and we want to express our heartfelt best wishes for your new path towards hair restoration.

Your positive feedback means the world to us, and we're thrilled to know that you had a positive experience with us. We are committed to providing the best possible care, and it's incredibly gratifying to hear that we've been able to assist you effectively.

Keep us updated on your progress. 

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences

• Like 1

• Administrators

@azza786

We took down the blogs a while ago, since most people use the forum to share their reviews.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

You’ve had an incredible journey. Man I would love to share it far and wide. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, azza786 said:

Hello everyone,

2 FUTS 4 FUES, 4 rounds of SMP, all covered in 3 different continents, time, energy, persistency, despair, all through your 20s and 30s whilst building yourself during your peak years but having to do with the burden of the disastrous results that has left you looking beyond your years despite the rest of you looking well under your years. With the added use of hair system for 10 years where every 3 days come rain or sun, self care of this was a mandatory part of life regardless of where you are. To add to this, you have the situation of being a very heavy sweater...combine this with the 10 years and issues in personal life/ relationships on a consistent basis. Motivations and emotions being really put to the sword as well as having regular regular bouts of insomnia (which exists till this day)....welcome to my world.

For anyone who may not be familiar with who I am, I joined this forum back in 2007 when I was 20 and a NW5. A chap who at the age of 13 was known for having the thickest set of hair in his whole year group to envy of some people...fast forward 7 years and this become the complete opposite. You can have a look at my journey through the links below:

For some reason, my blog does not work. @Melvin- Admin not sure if you can take a look into this?

So despite all this, did this stop me??

The short answer is No. You must be thinking I am crazy. Maybe I am but I believe that when you have gone through what I have, what I have got to lose?? Time is finite and with the speed it is going, no way would I want to be in a situation in my life towards the backend where I am saying ' I wish I did this', rather I want to say ' I gave it all with what I had and I am glad I did' .

If you look at the first line, it says 2 FUTs 4 FUES and 4 rounds of SMP. So the 2 FUTS was done with Rahal clinic in Ottawa - results - meh! Still have the reminder with the FUT scar on the back of my head which I was often asked about during my SMP times which again was another commitment in itself - The SMP that is! 2 FUES were done in New Delhi with an at the time, reputed physician - results - not great- heaps and heaps of sparseness. 4 rounds of SMP as you can see in one of my posts. SMP was good but its something I knew I didnt want to commit to for the rest of my life. You may be thinking okay, 2 FUES and 2 FUTS is 4 so where have the other 2 come from?

By now, my mindset had become a dogged one and one in which regardless of what happens now, it was not soo much about the hair as it was about taking on the challenge. The thought that ' there has to be a solution out there somewhere'. This ticked in my mind 24/7 for the last 10 years. By now, I also got divorced and this really sparked the ignition in me. Not because of the divorce but because of the events leading upto (I want bore you with it here) it and the other half of my mind which had committed to think about a solution and nothing else. I had enough and thought I cant take this anymore, who out there is going to be my saviour...

*Drumrolls*

Enter @Eugenix Hair Science . I met Dr Pradeep Sethi in London last year around January. @Bandit90 was also fresh out from his first procedure also and I got to witness this. I was in my SMP phase then and as the time came to meet Dr Sethi, I was told to grow out the hair I had. I did but not as much as I would have wanted. Dr Sethis first words to me were "where is your hair?" . I think that was more a testimony to the fine calibre hair I had, remaining sprinkle of whatever grafts survived the 4 HTs- my guess would be somewhere around 800- 1000 grafts max and a barren crown. Dr Sethi examined my head, my beard and basically said "we will take you on if you are okay with having no beard". As I was determined to prove to myself that I can regain hair back, I was like Yes that's fine. Simple. Hardly a 15 minute conversation and I was booking HT5 . I already had heard great things about Eugenix , especially results like @Gatsby (who basically went through what I had) and @Zoomster . I also came to know that @Melvin- Admin had been there so I thought really...what have I got to lose. If anything, there is only gains.

So fast forward to December 2022 where I sat in the chair for the 5th time, I was told that for a full procedure it will be a 2 sittings. At that time, I felt a little bit down as I wanted this journey to now come to an end and I dont have to think about it anymore but I thought, okay..it is what it is...this too shall also pass. We managed to get just over 3000 scalp and beard. 

For all those who have been to Eugenix, they all talk about the hospitality side and how great it is. I can vouch for that also. Their service is phenomenal. I have no other words - period.

So..you may be thinking ...okay that was December 2022 and its been 10 months now, what happened? It has been good and what was implanted has been growing just fine. As I sit here now having just completed HT2 (whaaaat you say), I have nothing but praise for Eugenix. The contrast between the front and crown was getting huge month by month ans I really needed this HT2 in which we managed a combined grafts of 2904. I think this is a testimony to who they are. Remember, in terms of my journey it has been very tough so credit needs to be given where due. To add to what this meant to me, towards the end of my HT2 with Eugenix on day 3 of 3, as my chest and now pubes were being extracted, my emotions finally caught up with me after 16 years of feeling like a captured prisoner within my own mind. It was also the sharp prick of the anaesthetic on my chin that made me stop the technicians so I can sit up. I kept my head bowed as tears were welling up. I am not an emotional or an overly sensitive guy but it was the thought of ' wow, look at all the things I have had to go through to get here, I am getting my chest and now even my pubes...who would have thought this 16 years back'....this is what ran through my mind as my body was shaking and the awesome technicians felt that I was in a bit of a distraught and massaged my arms and back before I took a deep breath and said 'okay lets get this finished'. I did however after the surgery felt this sense of welling up and so asked Dr Pradeep if I can talk to him in private to which he obliged and we sat in the O.T. This is where (and I am not embarrassed to admit it) I cried. As I did, I just basically told Dr Pradeep of how tough it has been and to be here and the service I got, I was grateful for. Even as I just typed that sentence, the welling up came again lol. How this has affected my life is something else. In a nutshell, I can definitely say it stopped me from being who I am actually am and unfortunately, growing up, I didnt really have that support or mentoring as to how to deal with situations so I have had to work it out myself (by hook or crook). I go on and on about the struggles but I understand that time is of essence.

So @Eugenix Hair Science ..Thank you soo much. You have certainly won a fan for life. Thank you for being able to find the 5904 grafts and making me beardless haha. I will get used to it. I will get used to it. I can name names here but really there are wayyy too many including the three wonderful hosts at the Eugenix farmhouse in which I literally lived like a king. I would also like to thank @Bandit90 with whom I am in regular contact and for being there at time of need- cheers pal! As I stroke the stubble in my crown which was completely hairless for the past 8 years, I look forward to sharing results with you all. But for now:

InShot_20231011_123310473~2.jpg

image.png.64e42eecfcb458146d53a082a571956f.png

Back in 2020 during hair system time

I can understand your feelings. Your current hairline and density in the frontal portion looking absolutely great. I wish you all the success with your second procedure. 

• Like 1

@azza786 gosh I got huge identification from your sharing mate ..especially the welling up part …and it really only hit me after HT3 and the long road I travelled and sense of liberation that comes from gaining your hair back .

You sound like a man whose been set free from the shackles of MPB ..

All the very best of luck in your recovery and grow loads and loads pal 🙏🏻

• Like 1

I would definitely say that there is significant improvement, at least from the pictures that you have shared. In addition to this your SMP (if not faded) will act as an adjunct to the hair transplant in adding density. Awaiting further pictures. I myself require a repair.

Just saw your previous posts. You have been through a lot. I'm happy you've got good results now. I'm thinking of getting SMP for my FUE scars, can you tell me about your experience with SMP ? Were you satisfied with it ? I have seen some SMPs merge and turn blue, did you experience anything like that ?

What a write up! Man, you’ve been to hell and back (and then some more). You’re honestly one of the most positive people i’ve ever met. Trust me 99% of men would have just thrown the towel, but you have kept your perseverance to find the right solution. The change in your persona from that time when we first met is radiating. The success of the 1st Eugenix HT has just given you so much confidence and has put the biggest smile on your face. You have so much to look forward to mate and cant wait to see how this looks in 12 months! 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Zoomster said:

@azza786 gosh I got huge identification from your sharing mate ..especially the welling up part …and it really only hit me after HT3 and the long road I travelled and sense of liberation that comes from gaining your hair back .

You sound like a man whose been set free from the shackles of MPB ..

All the very best of luck in your recovery and grow loads and loads pal 🙏🏻

Thanks Karl, currently sitting here in the aftershock of it all. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

10 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

What a write up! Man, you’ve been to hell and back (and then some more). You’re honestly one of the most positive people i’ve ever met. Trust me 99% of men would have just thrown the towel, but you have kept your perseverance to find the right solution. The change in your persona from that time when we first met is radiating. The success of the 1st Eugenix HT has just given you so much confidence and has put the biggest smile on your face. You have so much to look forward to mate and cant wait to see how this looks in 12 months! 

Thanks John, as I said, when I came to Eugenix, it was more of a me vs myself than the hair. Ofc the hair part was important but it was literally like enough is enough.. The silver lining has to be there somewhere. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

11 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Just saw your previous posts. You have been through a lot. I'm happy you've got good results now. I'm thinking of getting SMP for my FUE scars, can you tell me about your experience with SMP ? Were you satisfied with it ? I have seen some SMPs merge and turn blue, did you experience anything like that ?

Hi, 

SMP is fine. I had no issues with it going blue or anything. Ofc, only thing is having to constantly buzz down every day or 2 days. Its still there on my scalp.. Maybe a bit faded but I will do a small top up once I have healed enough. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

11 hours ago, bigmistake said:

I would definitely say that there is significant improvement, at least from the pictures that you have shared. In addition to this your SMP (if not faded) will act as an adjunct to the hair transplant in adding density. Awaiting further pictures. I myself require a repair.

More pictures will be uploaded. But take it from me.. In Dr Ps words, I was an impossible case yet I am sitting here in a much better situation than I was before and with more to come. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

12 minutes ago, azza786 said:

Hi, 

SMP is fine. I had no issues with it going blue or anything. Ofc, only thing is having to constantly buzz down every day or 2 days. Its still there on my scalp.. Maybe a bit faded but I will do a small top up once I have healed enough. 

Your journey is really inspiring and gives me hope. Do you mind sharing where you got your SMP done from ?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wow. It's great to see this. I followed your case for a long time. I've been in a similar situation for many years. Seeing cases like this keeps me going and hoping I can finally get to a good spot.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Congratulations on the transformation! Here's hoping you can put this all behind you now!

Why did you decide to go for another HT, rather than rock the SMP? I'm considering just SMP'ing everything and moving on so always interested in people's experiences that had it but then had a HT.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Congratulations on the transformation! Here's hoping you can put this all behind you now!

Why did you decide to go for another HT, rather than rock the SMP? I'm considering just SMP'ing everything and moving on so always interested in people's experiences that had it but then had a HT.

Hi. Thanks for the comment. 

As mentioned, SMP is good but it does have it's own maintenance needs etc. Also, it is temporary. However, some people are fine with that. In my case, the HT was more a gift to myself after years of hell. Had Eugenix not come forward, I would have had to resort to SMP only. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

22 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Your journey is really inspiring and gives me hope. Do you mind sharing where you got your SMP done from ?

Yes sure, brandwood clinic, Birmingham 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website