Has victory been achieved after 16 years of absolute turmoil! One life One Chance

Returned to congratulate you brother. I remember your case was a very tough one. Thrilled that you're getting the desired results after years of struggle. Wishing you all the best.

21 hours ago, Z-- said:

Returned to congratulate you brother. I remember your case was a very tough one. Thrilled that you're getting the desired results after years of struggle. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks bro. I wasn't going to let go of it this easily. Now the waiting game begins (again) for the 6th time but I'm much more positive for sure. 

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

On 10/11/2023 at 1:14 PM, Gatsby said:

@azza786 you have taken the adage ‘whatever it takes’ to another level. It was quite emotional reading this post (and in many parts I could definitely identify). I wish you every success and knowing your determination you are going to get it. Remember this is always a long game approach based on patience. The first bird gets the worm but sometimes it takes the second mouse to get the cheese. Keep your eye on the prize. 👌

Thanks Adrian, 

These 6 rounds really have taught me the patience of a saint! Eyes are on the prize and hopefully the inspiration to others also! 

• Well Done 1

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

Hope all is well. Thought I would provide an update before the new year.

So, the frontal third has now completed its one year mark. I guess there may be some little little change but this it is what it is. Certainly an improvement from one year back but in all honesty, I am very limited in terms of styling which I understand  and it is mostly sparse with coverage being the key feature. The temporal points are also implanted so its good to have had them done- they do help slightly. 

The crown is creeping up towards the 3 month mark soon so very early to report as to what is going on. 

So currently, I am in a state where the frontal third is much more grown out than the mid scalp and crown with the sides and backs also of a different length. I guess once they all are the same length, then there may be more that can be done.

The next step on my radar is to tackle these gray hairs coming through lol. Seems like hair likes to present challenges to me in one way or the other. I am trying to flirt with ideas that are non-chemical based but certainly this is something I want to tackle next - any recommendations would be good.

IMG_20231225_115501.jpg

IMG_20231225_115505.jpg

IMG_20231225_115511.jpg

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Moderators

Hi @azza786. I've been in a similar situation to yours for the last 35 years, so I know what it's like going through your 20's and 30's with this mess. My hair looks similar to yours with thinness all over including the sides and back. I have been using a lot of body hair to try to fill everything in, but it's been nearly impossible to keep up with the aggressive hair loss, so no matter how much work I get done, the improvement is so small. By the time the grafts that were placed grow in it seems like I've lost almost the same amount of native hair in that time frame. I hope I'm not depressing you. That's not the intent! I just wanted you to know that you aren't the only one going through this.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Hi @azza786. I've been in a similar situation to yours for the last 35 years, so I know what it's like going through your 20's and 30's with this mess. My hair looks similar to yours with thinness all over including the sides and back. I have been using a lot of body hair to try to fill everything in, but it's been nearly impossible to keep up with the aggressive hair loss, so no matter how much work I get done, the improvement is so small. By the time the grafts that were placed grow in it seems like I've lost almost the same amount of native hair in that time frame. I hope I'm not depressing you. That's not the intent! I just wanted you to know that you aren't the only one going through this.

Hi mate, 

No you are not depressing me. I have taken it on the chin that it won't be picture perfect but atleast if the effort is there to do what is possible then something should workout in one way or the other. Let's see. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

2 hours ago, azza786 said:

Hey all,

So, the frontal third has now completed its one year mark. I guess there may be some little little change but this it is what it is. Certainly an improvement from one year back but in all honesty, I am very limited in terms of styling which I understand  and it is mostly sparse with coverage being the key feature. The temporal points are also implanted so its good to have had them done- they do help slightly. 

The crown is creeping up towards the 3 month mark soon so very early to report as to what is going on. 

So currently, I am in a state where the frontal third is much more grown out than the mid scalp and crown with the sides and backs also of a different length. I guess once they all are the same length, then there may be more that can be done.

The next step on my radar is to tackle these gray hairs coming through lol. Seems like hair likes to present challenges to me in one way or the other. I am trying to flirt with ideas that are non-chemical based but certainly this is something I want to tackle next - any recommendations would be good.

IMG_20231225_115501.jpg

IMG_20231225_115505.jpg

IMG_20231225_115511.jpg

actually the hair - scalp comtrast would be lower with gray hairs and would improve the illusion of density…

• 1 month later...

Hi @azza786, thank you for sharing your experience. You mentioned you had fut before, did you fix your scar with SMP? I don’t see your scar in your pictures, how was your experience with SMP into your scar ? I have scar that I want to fix too. Thank you for your help.

On 12/28/2023 at 11:05 PM, azza786 said:

Hey all,

IMG_20231225_115501.jpg

IMG_20231225_115505.jpg

IMG_20231225_115511.jpg

Actually it's looking really good. 

• Moderators

Any update @azza786? It should be around the 5 month mark now.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

Oh I thought you were a month further along. I added wrong. Anyway, it looks like it is coming along pretty well considering how bad it was before. It looks like you have hair all over, but it's just thin everywhere. I'm in a very similar situation and everyone tells me that if I use fibers my hair would look totally full... and they are probably right, so that's something you might consider trying soon if you haven't yet.  I don't particularly like using fibers myself, but it's an option that a lot of guys use. Update us in another couple of months. Good luck with the growth!

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

5 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Oh I thought you were a month further along. I added wrong. Anyway, it looks like it is coming along pretty well considering how bad it was before. It looks like you have hair all over, but it's just thin everywhere. I'm in a very similar situation and everyone tells me that if I use fibers my hair would look totally full... and they are probably right, so that's something you might consider trying soon if you haven't yet.  I don't particularly like using fibers myself, but it's an option that a lot of guys use. Update us in another couple of months. Good luck with the growth!

Hi, 

Thanks. I'm not a big fan of fibres myself though it can help. I may just use some on the crown eventually but not in the front. May dab with some matte clay to add some effect. But yes, let's see how the next few months roll on. Serious test of mental solitude but it is what it is. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Administrators

Everything is looking good so far. Im rooting for you 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The mid-scalp and the crown has started to fill up nicely! I am having a very positive feeling about this one. I think you will be pleasantly surprised in next few months! Cheers!

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

On 2/13/2024 at 8:58 AM, bigmistake said:

So how long did SMP last in your SMP and FUE scars ?

Hi, Im not sure to be honest. It is hard to see between the hairs. Though I am flirting with the idea to make use of my warranty and fill in the gaps in a few months to add to the illusion.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

On 2/13/2024 at 4:44 AM, YodaHead said:

The mid-scalp and the crown has started to fill up nicely! I am having a very positive feeling about this one. I think you will be pleasantly surprised in next few months! Cheers!

Its tough and draining. As we speak, I do see the growth no doubt but having been there before 6 times previously, I am yet to be knocked off my socks. Obviously realistic expectations are there but ofcourse the heart and mind will know once decency has been achieved. Right now its a mess to be honest, front is growing at its normal rate, mid and scalp in a world of their own not allowing for much styling or a half decent style to pull off anything. The majority of the hairs as well as being fine are now turning grey which is another thing to face now as well. Also for some reason, I got a niggling feeling I have lost some density in the front as well. Lets see. I really want to avoid fibres as much as possible...Have used them before and its a headache.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

On 2/12/2024 at 8:00 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Everything is looking good so far. Im rooting for you 🙏

Thanks Melvin,

Nothing to write home about yet. All shall be revealed in due course. Don't have the best characteristics in any shape or form so doing the best that I possibly can. Cant do much more though it is exhausting.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

On 2/12/2024 at 7:41 PM, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

Thanks, really want to avoid fibres as much as possible but may have to use it now and then.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

8 hours ago, azza786 said:

Hi, Im not sure to be honest. It is hard to see between the hairs. Though I am flirting with the idea to make use of my warranty and fill in the gaps in a few months to add to the illusion.

Yeah please do let me know how well SMP holds up in scar tissue. I had a bad FUE transplant. Now I just want to shave and cover the scars.

If you can just take a picture or two of SMP in your scars that would be really helpful.

Also your results may not be very dense but they are looking natural and in just four months they are looking really great. This may be the next Gatsby level repair.

On 2/15/2024 at 1:26 PM, ScottishGuy21 said:

Coming along nicely. Man I’ve never rooted for someone as much as I am for you in this thread. What an experience you’ve been through , you deserve this success 🙏🏼

Thanks bro..lets see...Have had no shortage of support on here but unfortunately results havent lived up to the support so far.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

33 minutes ago, Maorizio said:

And all these years you didn’t used finasteride or dutasteride?

During hair system times, on and off which I guess made some impact but been on fin and now dutasteride religiously for over a year now since first sitting. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website