Has victory been achieved after 16 years of absolute turmoil! One life One Chance

2 minutes ago, azza786 said:

During hair system times, on and off which I guess made some impact but been on fin and now dutasteride religiously for over a year now since first sitting. 

Well that’s the problem, committing religiously after you went full Norwood 6-7 is kinda pointless, I can understand if suffered sides or anything else, but fighting such aggressive androgenic alopecia without constant treatment of 5ARI is pointless.

Anyway I wish you luck whatever you achieved.

3 minutes ago, Maorizio said:

Well that’s the problem, committing religiously after you went full Norwood 6-7 is kinda pointless, I can understand if suffered sides or anything else, but fighting such aggressive androgenic alopecia without constant treatment of 5ARI is pointless.

Anyway I wish you luck whatever you achieved.

To be fair I'm doing it more for what is there and to hopefully add to them. If it can play some part in atleast thickening the hairs, that would be good. Not really expecting any sort of Regrowth. Just want to maintain what is possible. 

• Like 1

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Just now, azza786 said:

To be fair I'm doing it more for what is there and to hopefully add to them. If it can play some part in atleast thickening the hairs, that would be good. Not really expecting any sort of Regrowth. Just want to maintain what is possible. 

Yes I get it mate, but I think it’s a wake up call for other youngsters in their 20s to understand that starting 5ARI treatment as soon as possible is the key.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fuzzy12 said:

I don’t understand where are those 5000 plus grafts you got in the 4 procedures ? Nothing seems to have grown 

These could be the reasons why:

1. After first and second surgery, density was not enough and the hairs continued to thin out causing the imbalance - this could be due to the aggressive nature of DHT that I may have been predisposed to beforehand and was at that time perhaps in my peak time of DHT process.

2. It could also be the fact that I was on and off finistride due to uncertainty . What may have escalated things even more could be the fact that I was under a hair system for 10 years which really didnt allow for the best scalp conditions. I used a hair system quite instantly after HT3 and 4 and so never allowed my scalp to 'breath'. Again during these times, I was off finistride for a very long time meaning that I may have not allowed myself to have the best chance.

I would say that before HT 5 and 6, I was left at best perhaps a total of 800- 1000 surviving grafts across the scalp. 

So yes, currently it is a long revival battle having had gone through what I have so giving myself all the best opportunity that I can and how I can with what I have. Unfortunately, I dont think I will ever be a @Gatsby or @Bandit90 due to the number of grafts that I have lost already but I suppose with what @Eugenix Hair Sciences have done and now me being on the meds that I need to be and taking all precautions, I should be in a much better relative situation compared to 4 years back where I was under a system, had extremely dry scalp, wiry, lifeless hair that had different lengths all around- will provide updates in due course so lets see what happens this time round.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Valued Contributor
On 2/17/2024 at 9:56 AM, azza786 said:

@azza786 are you taking oral minoxidil?

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I found coloring my hair every 5 weeks makes a huge visual difference. This would help I'm sure.

Hi Adrian, 

I am taking oral min daily 2.5mg and 5mg on weekends. 

I colour as well due to lots of greys. Can't really comment on the difference it has made as still awaiting for full growth of mid and crown to see how it actually is. So tough! 

• Like 1

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Administrators

@Approach

This is another interesting case study you should look at.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/21/2024 at 10:10 AM, azza786 said:

Hi Adrian, 

I am taking oral min daily 2.5mg and 5mg on weekends. 

I colour as well due to lots of greys. Can't really comment on the difference it has made as still awaiting for full growth of mid and crown to see how it actually is. So tough! 

@Gatsby, wanted to ask you. Like you, I had chest hair used also. How long did it take for your chest area to heal? I'm 4. 5months post op and chest area still has redness with pimples. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, azza786 said:

@Gatsby, wanted to ask you. Like you, I had chest hair used also. How long did it take for your chest area to heal? I'm 4. 5months post op and chest area still has redness with pimples. 

Hey @azza786. I had tiny red dots on my chest (roughly 900 of them). After about six months they faded and disappeared completely. All the best.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Hey @azza786. I had tiny red dots on my chest (roughly 900 of them). After about six months they faded and disappeared completely. All the best.

Same here. It’s weird that the beard area clears up quickly, but my chest took 6 months for it to clear. 

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 minutes ago, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

Same here. It’s weird that the beard area clears up quickly, but my chest took 6 months for it to clear. 

Blissful to know. Yes rather strange. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

So I am just over 6 months with @Eugenix Hair Sciences . Have to be honest but very very very minor change relative to what I have seen others at 6 months for the mid scalp and crown. Yes there has been growth but not exactly what I thought it would have been. 

No idea what to expect in the next few months. There are stubbles in various places and to be honest there is alot of grey hairs coming through and also native, there are tons of grey. 

So in summary, not alot to report. A shame really as the front is good from the first op. The crown and midscalp seem to be really testing things and im just a bit sceptical now despite trying to stay as positive as I can. Cant really blame me, I have had awful awful luck when it has come to hair lol . 

IMG_20240405_184542_edit_610930473567193.jpg

IMG_20240405_184442_edit_610992506645830.jpg

IMG_20240405_184446_edit_610948748865628.jpg

• Like 1

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

1 hour ago, azza786 said:

Hi all,

So I am just over 6 months with @Eugenix Hair Sciences . Have to be honest but very very very minor change relative to what I have seen others at 6 months for the mid scalp and crown. Yes there has been growth but not exactly what I thought it would have been. 

No idea what to expect in the next few months. There are stubbles in various places and to be honest there is alot of grey hairs coming through and also native, there are tons of grey. 

So in summary, not alot to report. A shame really as the front is good from the first op. The crown and midscalp seem to be really testing things and im just a bit sceptical now despite trying to stay as positive as I can. Cant really blame me, I have had awful awful luck when it has come to hair lol . 

IMG_20240405_184542_edit_610930473567193.jpg

IMG_20240405_184442_edit_610992506645830.jpg

IMG_20240405_184446_edit_610948748865628.jpg

thanks for sharing

as you know, crown take up to 12-16 months for full result. i dont think everything is lost yet

15 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

thanks for sharing

as you know, crown take up to 12-16 months for full result. i dont think everything is lost yet

Let's see. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Administrators

You have to keep realistic expectations. Given the difficulty of your case. Im sure it will improve but I wouldn’t expect something radically different. You should consider using fibers once you have a base. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/7/2024 at 5:11 AM, bigmistake said:

Can't you just grow the front out really long and try to cover the mid scalp with that ?

Hi, 

Potentially, yes. However, it will look like a combover more than a style currently. I'm going to give it another few months to allow for a little more progression before going for a shorter style with SMP

I have experimented with style combed forward and it looks decent now that there is hair coming through in the mid scalp. Coverage looks fine and I noticed that it provides a symmetrical look bringing out the temple points even more. The crown area will always be weak unfortunately but it's a plan that I have in mind. Will update with pics in due course. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Hi all, 

Thought I'd share my frontal results. So I am at 16 months post op for this. Whilst from the top down, it doesn't look too bad, I still have the issue which I have always had through the 6 HTs and that is the see through look from the front. It kind of makes it look as if I am balding so that's a bit annoying. Only positive to emerge is that I have more hair on top than I did 16 months back so I plan on keeping it short eventually with the use of SMP to give it a boost. I recall after 14 days from the last surgery, short actually suited me and it all blended in well together. In reality, I feel that the hairline sparseness and lower crown thinning will spoil the reason for suregey. However, I'm aware now that atleast I have follicles to play with and with added density with SMP in certain areas, it will pull off a uniform short hair look. With the psychological impacts of hair loss that I have been through, I really just want to not think towards this anymore as it's been exhausting beyond words but atleast I am in a better place than I was a few years back. I will share pictures of the condition of my scalp on the day of my first ever SMP and yes it's a day and night difference but still I have not met exactly what I intended so plan B it is - shorter cut (not shaved off) with SMP

Screenshot_20240413_111650.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_111452_com.huawei.android.launcher~3.jpg

• Wow 1

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Valued Contributor

@azza786 this is night and day from your previous posts. Your hairline looks soft and natural. NaturaL is the prize every patient is looking for. From my own experience I found having SMP was an aid in my results. Especially with scars and the illusion of greater density. Stag strong bro. The finish line is in sight! 💯👌🥂

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

@azza786 this is night and day from your previous posts. Your hairline looks soft and natural. NaturaL is the prize every patient is looking for. From my own experience I found having SMP was an aid in my results. Especially with scars and the illusion of greater density. Stag strong bro. The finish line is in sight! 💯👌🥂

Hey bro. Agree, looks super natural but super thin penetratorating to my scalp from all angles. Would have been nice to have a less see through hairline. When I comb it back, scalp really does become visible in the front so as much as I want to, I tend not to. My previous SMP has faded (been 4 years) so I intend on using it to inject a bit of life and personality to the scalp, hair and illusion and ultimately a bit more liberation when it comes to styling and aesthetics. Cheers! 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website