dr. rassman's results on gameshow

I've always like dr. rassman's advice on hair transplantation.. however i've felt his results aren't very impressive.. I remember reading about his doing a transplant on a patient that won " the great american dream"

I was curious to see his results compared to the photoshop.. i'd say he was a little off.. I found this youtube clip taken about a year after his surgery..

.........wow...that is awful..I've read rassman charges like $10 a graft for the first 2000 and then like $8 per graft after that. For results like that, no way in hell is that worth it.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

The result is not that good, but the kid was EXTENSIVELY balding before Dr. Rassman got to him, and there is only so much you can do in a situation like that. I'm not arguing that the result is good, but how many patients do you see who are that bald with good results? (that's not rhetorical, I would really like someone to post some for comparison sake)

If you take Dr. Rassman at his word that the patient had very poor hair characteristics, what more could you ask for? The good thing about this result is that if this guy had not been on TV, I highly doubt that any of us would ever see the after pictures. You do have to give Dr. Rassman some credit for putting himself in a position where he knows that whether the surgery turns out great or poor, people will eventually know.

My final point is that I'm a little surprised that this kid was a candidate for hair transplantation. He is a full blown NW6 at 22 AND had poor hair characteristics. I know I've said that I won't tell anyone to do with their own head, but if that were me, I would have shaved down. I think for younger patients like that they look better with a shaved head than with a thin hairline and a bald back 2/3rds.

Yeah, that guy should have shaved it down for sure. Yikes.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I wouldn't expect some thick lion's mane, but this looks pretty poor for nearly 6000. The documentation, as usual, is lacking, as well. H+W pump out cases like pez w/ similiar (if not lower) graft totals with end-results that dwarf this; several from SMG, Feller, and Konior, too, come to mind with far superior, far more natural-looking results.

Totally agree that he should not have gotten a HT, and I'm surprised that if his hair charachteristics are as bad as Rassman says that he even operated on him. I find it very hard to believe this kis is truly happy with where his hair currently stands and his future prospects for now his *3rd* surgery.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Rassman states in the article PGP linked:

A coarser hair will have three or four times the volume (visual effect) than a fine hair with less bulk to it.

I think it would be fair to say that a lot of photos of "great results" are with patients whose hair is not fine.

IMB .

Your exactly right. Take a look at most of the homeruns clinics provide .

Those patients had alot of grafts with super thick donor hair shafts .

It makes a HUGE difference in density.

I dont care how bad your donor is 6000 grafts should produced a much better result then this

Guest wanthairs

True---Ive never seen an impressive result either from Rassman, that can compare to the few top docs that regularly post on this forum......Is he still a member of this organisation?

I think there are two things of note here.. one is that the youtube link I provided was one year later.. the link that was provided from PLEASE GROW was AFTER his 2nd surgery..

Rassman probably knew it wasn't going to turn out good but you couldn't buy that kind of publicity.. if the show turned out to be a huge hit, it would've definitely been worth giving him a band result..

NW6 on a 22yr old with band characteristics should probably never happen.. it actually goes against alot of what i read rassman speak about on his blog..

Guys,

There are a lot of considerations and variables beyond the number of grafts that make up a hair transplant result. And though I can understand why nobody thinks this is a "wow" transformation based on the minimal amount of information we have, I think some of you may be a little quick with your judgement on the outcome, especially since I don't think any of the photos presented above show the result after all 3 surgeries - unless I missed them.

Mind you, some of this may be the fault of how this has been presented. I have encouraged Dr. Rassman on previously posted albums to post photos showing the top of the head along with the others, yet I haven't seen him take my advice. This would clearly help us evaluate and appreciate his work more.

I am going to send an email to Dr. Rassman (who is still a member of the Coalition) and ask if he's willing and able to share more information and photos on this patient.

Best wishes,

Bill

Yeah, Rassman's results usually don't "wow" me.

This also is one of the worst cases of female hairline work I have seen on this forum:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...21087683/m/402101651

I think my last post in the thread sums up the issue there, but who knows since we never got a response.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Rassman did a good job with Jon Gosselin of TLC's "Jon & Kate + 8", he restored his face framing which makes all other thinning a heck of a lot easier to deal with.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]fficial%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=eUY7SvOIMqW8tAPvxbj3Cg"]http://images.google.com/imgre...Y7SvOIMqW8tAPvxbj3Cg

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Rassman didn't perform that HT; it was done by his partner, Dr. Pak.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

GQ, "hey nobody bats 1000" is the new "hey there's always next year" for Ranger fans in winning another Stanley Cup! icon_smile.gif

-----------

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

GQ, "hey nobody bats 1000" is the new "hey there's always next year" for Ranger fans in winning another Stanley Cup! icon_smile.gif

Cubs fans favorite saying for the past 100 years.

Rassman may be a pioneer and well respected surgeon but his results are average at best.

You would think for a surgeon to charge twice the amount that his results would be at least on the same level as the top clinics.

• 2 weeks later...