Dr. Konior | September 2023 | FUE 1241 grafts

stephcurry30

Wow on so many things ... But first off congratulations on taking the plunge into your first op and holy moly you chose one of the best in my honest opinion.

1) how clean your transplant looks

2) how dense your donor is and 

3) how you dont have much mpb all across your scalp. 

I have read some things you posted over time and I figured you had already taken the plunge or were in consideration. But I am honestly shocked your donor looks like it wasnt touched and I think with how your hair currently is (maybe the poor photos) but you dont seem like you had work done. Perhaps a little bit of shockloss and slight recession. 

I went into the office and people thought I was balding or was stung by a bee. You can probably cover up your head with some blue light glasses that have big lenses to avoid people staring at your hairline.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

3 hours ago, UKLad81 said:

Hang in there matey, shed phase is awful but you’ll be through it very soon. Keep positive!

Trying to stay as positive as I can!

2 hours ago, Recession1 said:

I think things looks good and the shedding is obviously expected. What would you need to go into the office for? 

Thank you! The work office not Konior's office. I don't want to go back into my work with this redness especially if I need to give a presentation. 

42 minutes ago, Vann said:

Wow on so many things ... But first off congratulations on taking the plunge into your first op and holy moly you chose one of the best in my honest opinion.

1) how clean your transplant looks

2) how dense your donor is and 

3) how you dont have much mpb all across your scalp. 

I have read some things you posted over time and I figured you had already taken the plunge or were in consideration. But I am honestly shocked your donor looks like it wasnt touched and I think with how your hair currently is (maybe the poor photos) but you dont seem like you had work done. Perhaps a little bit of shockloss and slight recession. 

I went into the office and people thought I was balding or was stung by a bee. You can probably cover up your head with some blue light glasses that have big lenses to avoid people staring at your hairline.

Thank you! Reason why I chose Konior is his cleanliness and track record. One thing I am thankful for is how dense my donor is. Konior said top 5 percentile in terms of donor capacity and limit so upwards of 6,000 to 7,000 grafts available for future procedures. With my current medical stack of oral minoxidil, finasteride, and dutasitirde, I'm hoping to avoid any further transplants for a while! 

The only thing that is giving away the hint that i might of had a transplant is the redness. Maybe it's the lighting but I am fairly pale and the redness does stick out like a sore thumb in broad daylight!

28 minutes ago, Vann said:

Also I forgot to ask, but what was the graft distribution if you dont mind sharing?

I wish I had this information but I don't. All I was given was 1241 total grafts were used. I can send Konior a message and ask him when I send him an update and compile a list of questions. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 2:58 PM, stephcurry30 said:

I have been part of this community for 7 years now and finally took the plunge

I can't imagine thinking about a HT for 7 YEARS before taking the plunge 🤣 Was there a specific reason you were waiting?

Also, how old are you and what is your NW? You seem to have a fairly mild case of hairloss.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Shedding is brutal, on the bright side, everything else looks good. I bet you’re one of the freak growers that start at 2 months. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have been thinking about this excuse for a while.

What if you said your frontal hair caught fire while cooking or bbqing? Say you had to cut the damaged/burnt hairs and decided to trim everywhere to match size. The redness in front is because the fire singed the hair roots or part of the scalp. Is this believable? That may also explain the patchiness.

If any one ends up using this excuse, please make sure to give me credit. If it's dumb, well then I was never here 😁

• Like 1

It looks like great work, I'm sure you'll be thrilled by the final result.

To be honest, I think your hair looked great before. I doubt anyone who hasn't received a hair transplant or deeply researched would guess that you got work done, even during the ugly duckling phase. If someone notices the redness, I think it would work to just say that you decided to cut your hair short and then got sunburned.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 9:01 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

I can't imagine thinking about a HT for 7 YEARS before taking the plunge 🤣 Was there a specific reason you were waiting?

Also, how old are you and what is your NW? You seem to have a fairly mild case of hairloss.

I am a Norwood 2. I waited 7 years because I was too young at 22 for a HT. I jumped on meds and waited for 7 years to see if my hair loss halted and it did. 

On 10/4/2023 at 9:52 PM, TorontoMan said:

Lfggggg , work looks clean as hell 

Thank you my brother!

On 10/4/2023 at 10:44 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Shedding is brutal, on the bright side, everything else looks good. I bet you’re one of the freak growers that start at 2 months. 

I hope so Melvin! I knew and was trying to prepare myself for it but it sucks. 

On 10/4/2023 at 11:30 PM, NK1 said:

I have been thinking about this excuse for a while.

What if you said your frontal hair caught fire while cooking or bbqing? Say you had to cut the damaged/burnt hairs and decided to trim everywhere to match size. The redness in front is because the fire singed the hair roots or part of the scalp. Is this believable? That may also explain the patchiness.

If any one ends up using this excuse, please make sure to give me credit. If it's dumb, well then I was never here 😁

I'll let you know haha

On 10/5/2023 at 12:55 AM, HatMaster said:

It looks like great work, I'm sure you'll be thrilled by the final result.

To be honest, I think your hair looked great before. I doubt anyone who hasn't received a hair transplant or deeply researched would guess that you got work done, even during the ugly duckling phase. If someone notices the redness, I think it would work to just say that you decided to cut your hair short and then got sunburned.

I agree but I just want to wait and grow out my hair as long as possible as fast as possible! I'll see if I'm able to cover the balding spots with bangs in a few weeks!

On 10/5/2023 at 12:47 PM, zepruska said:

You were definitely blessed with a terrific donor area but also the works looks impeccably clean, congratulations!

8 hours ago, CharlesBarkley said:

This just looks marvellous. Your final outcome will be terrific. Dr Konior never fails to deliver impressive results.

Thank you for the kind words

On 10/7/2023 at 5:46 AM, Tripp said:

The result looks amazing, congrats! A newbie here so excuse the silly question but did you get a professional opinion on your hairloss when you were 22 and were prescribed your meds/dosage by a dermatologist?

Yes that is correct. I got a prescription and a opinion from my primary care physician for finastiride when I was 21-22. 

• Thanks 1

This looks great, can you let me know how long your wait to have the procedure was and roughly how much it cost? I have a similar pre-transplant hairline and am interested in getting a transplant from Konior also.