Dr. Konior | September 2023 | FUE 1241 grafts

stephcurry30

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

It’s looking like growth is already happening 🙌

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, mxnprettynice said:

Some people experience growth spurt all at once, while others, like me, have multiple growth spurts with the hairline gradually becoming denser over time. How are you managing @stephcurry30? Are you having any doubts?

I am not worried. Been on this forum for quite some time and have other issues that I am focused on in my life. 

at the beginning I had time to worry but now I’m so busy I will just be updating thread every month. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, how is it looking now? Almost 3 weeks later, I'm sure you are seeing more growth? The 4 month mark really popped for me, so I'm guessing it's an exciting time for you as well!

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• 1 month later...

Subscribed to this topic, I'll have a FUE with Konior in 3 weeks, and I had your same concerns I hope dr. K will make disappear.

You have a very good starting point Steph, seems you have not AA.

Hoping for your journey!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning,

Wanted to share an update on my hair transplant. I have been super busy with the holidays, moving, new job, and just avoiding taking any photos during the ugly duckling phase. The ugly duckling phase was super annoying but thankfully I was busy that it passed by quickly. 

It's been roughly 5.75 months since my surgery on September 6th and wanted to provide an update. Around the late 3rd to start of the 4th month is when everything started turning around and finally saw some growth. The density is still not there yet and it seems like my left temple is slightly lagging and has gaps in the hairline. The other thing to note that I am surprised about is the left temple. It is severely lacking compared to my right temple. 

I need to get a haircut soon to cut my hair short and get better photos. But comparing the left temple to my post op photos on the first page there seems to be a slight issue. Not worrying at the moment and going to wait 1 whole year before touching base with Dr. Konior. Hoping time heals everything. 

image.jpeg.c26ba2a90cd35acb3964c5979ddbcab2.jpegimage.jpeg.e0041b05c8b9783962465027d706501d.jpeg

lefttemple.PNG.a76d49920827e32c399343cd24cb7f69.PNG

• Like 2

• Administrators

Still early days, natural for some parts to lag behind. But should even out by 12 months 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Still early days, natural for some parts to lag behind. But should even out by 12 months 🙏

I'm hoping that's the case. My right side of my hairline ahs formed just lacking a big of density. Hoping the next 2-3 months there's insane growth!

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

I'm hoping that's the case. My right side of my hairline ahs formed just lacking a big of density. Hoping the next 2-3 months there's insane growth!

I mean, it's just so common, even in Konior cases, for one side to lag behind another. Considering your recession it honestly looks really solid for where you are in the process. How are you styling it? Are you letting it fall forward?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Update 🙏

• Like 1

View my thread

4 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Will update tomorrow. still got gaps in the hairline and where I was hoping to be. At month 6.5. 

Would you say the outcome was below expected?

19 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

Would you say the outcome was below expected?

I’m not rushing to conclusions. I’ve been trying to get my mind off my hair transplant which is why I haven’t posted much here. 

that being said I’ve been on this forum for 8 years and knew that I could be a late grower. So I tried to not say  anything bad and wait for the whole 12 to 18 months. 

this is at 6.5 months and I’ll say the past 1-2 months I’ve gotten way better growth. I’d say roughly 60%? Of my drafts have grown. There’s this smal slither/row of hair on my left hairline that seems to have not grown in yet. Hoping for more growth. 

IMG_6637.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

That my hairline at age 30. These photos below are my hairline at 21 

legit Norwood 3. Fin + ditastiride + oral min saved my native hair and hair transplant got me my goal hairline. 

IMG_6639.jpeg

IMG_6640.jpeg

Looks good, I really can't see anything wrong on either photos? That said, would be good to see some high res close up photos, not front/selfie cam :)

Just now, Chrisno said:

Looks good, I really can't see anything wrong on either photos? That said, would be good to see some high res close up photos, not front/selfie cam :)

Agreed. I will go back to Konior's office at 12-18 months and update the thread with high res photos. 

In my circled photo here there's lack of growth in this area. hope it turns around better. You cna clearly see how the hairline as drawn is relatively straight but in the photos is tapers backwards. seems like this small patch isn't growing for whatever reason. 

image.png.14489fea332b8d45a9c49c8a0e001081.png

image.thumb.png.5ad7af426b02dcbbac451c3d4549326e.png

50 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Agreed. I will go back to Konior's office at 12-18 months and update the thread with high res photos. 

In my circled photo here there's lack of growth in this area. hope it turns around better. You cna clearly see how the hairline as drawn is relatively straight but in the photos is tapers backwards. seems like this small patch isn't growing for whatever reason. 

I personally think that it looks better how it’s growing rather than too straight. I think it’ll look more natural. I hope it turns out the way you want but regardless I think the final result will be good. 

7 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

It is growing in exactly how it was placed (go look at your first week, it looks exactly like the grafts were placed). that marker is not exactly where the grafts were placed. You can see the micro-irregularities intentionally put in the hair line so you would not have a unnatural straight line. this a home run man, be happy. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Try taking the photos with your front camera facing your hairline. If you stand in front of a mirror, you can easily see your screen and where your camera is pointing :) Just a small trick I learned trying to get good closeups! I took this photo on my Samsung phone right now, for reference:

PXL_20240401_161607061.thumb.jpg.6db773a1dcb82481a771e90abc67e72d.jpg