Dr. Konior | September 2023 | FUE 1241 grafts

stephcurry30

Hello everyone,

As of today, I have now finally completed my first hair transplant with Dr. Konior. It has been a LONG journey. I started balding at the age of 20/21 and THANKFULLY jumped on medication (finastiride/Minoxidil/Dutastiride) at a very early age (21/22). Losing my hair at such a young age was difficult and always wanted a hairline to style my hair a certain way/cover up my temples. I have been part of this community for 7 years now and finally took the plunge. One thing that I want to say is that medication has really stabilized my hair loss and prevented any 

Th reasons as to why I selected Konior was:

1.) His reputation on this forum and level of results

2.) His hairline design

3.) Very similar cases shown on this forum (which I will link below):

Day of the surgery:

I arrived at the office at 6:30, and was met by the lovely Karen. All of his staff are welcoming, funny, and just make you feel at home. It's relaxed, but extremely professional. People always talk about what a great team they all are, and that's the absolutely truth. Lisa and Anya were absolutely incredible and made me feel relaxed and comfortable throughout the entire procedure. 

Dr K spent the first portion of the day discussing my goals and answered any questions I had in GREAT detail. The biggest questions and concerns I had were in regards to angulation of grafts at the hairline and he answered them in GREAT detail and calmed my concerns. Turns out Dr. Konior have a lot of childhood similarities: both grew up in the same neighborhood, went to neighboring grade schools, and went to the same university (small world)!

Surgery was a breeze only pain I had was in my left shoulder as I was lying down on my shoulder when grafts were being extracted but everything else was painless to me. 

One thing to note is that I would NOT recommend booking the Marriott Hotel in Oak Brook as the windows are not sound proof and next to an expressway. Sleeping has been an issue but thankfully will be returning home shortly. 

Below are the attached photos (pre surgery/drawn hairline/post op):

I will be updating the thread regularly and maybe even visit Dr. Konior at the 1 year mark to get the final results posted in the highest quality images!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by stephcurry30
  • Like 3
  • Well Done 1

• stephcurry30 changed the title to Dr. Konior | September 2023 | FUE 1200-1500 grafts?

Looks classic Dr. K work! 

How many grafts did you end up with?

I did my FUE with him 11 days ago. I stayed at Hyatt House about 3 miles away. It was very comfortable, quiet, and had a full kitchen.

Happy healing!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NK1 said:

Looks classic Dr. K work! 

How many grafts did you end up with?

I did my FUE with him 11 days ago. I stayed at Hyatt House about 3 miles away. It was very comfortable, quiet, and had a full kitchen.

Happy healing!

I should of booked that! 

The total graft count wasn't given to me but I'm assuming it's around 1000-1200. I will ask him at my 7 day follow up!

17 minutes ago, blackpink said:

Congrats OP, how long did it take you from initially contacting Dr. K till you were able to get the surgery date booked? And did you initially get in touch with him just by sending a message through his website?

I sent a message through the website which then directed me toward Dr Konior's email. We exchanged emails between December of 2021 to February 2022. In February of 2022, I paid my initial deposit and he gave me my surgical date in September 2023. There was a cancelation and the front desk contacted me a few months after my initial deposit for an opening but I wanted to stick with the original date of September 2023 for work purposes. 

Just came back from a 5 day check up and everything looks spot on. Nothing new to report just less redness and some small scabs forming. I touched base with the lovely  technicians and will be coming back on Day 8 for a final check up with the clinic. Will try and invest into a between quality camera to upload more progress pictures during the ugly duckling phase and the growth phase. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks impeccable, what we come to expect from Dr. K 👏🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

45 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks impeccable, what we come to expect from Dr. K 👏🏼

Yep! 

this is day 5. My last day at the hotel. Hoping I am one of the lucky ones that DOESN’t experience a shed but I think I am mentally prepared for it. Im hoping I can work from home for the next 2-3 months but we will see. May have a work conference that I may be forced to go to around the 1-2 month mark and may need recommendations from this community on how to cover up the ugly duckling phase as best as possible 

6C7AB8AF-F00E-4C86-BF89-C9366D626873.jpeg

DE415026-56D1-4813-97C7-07C4B93BFE65.jpeg

F467C659-6F09-4DA8-AC53-972C2C9FBF8D.jpeg

54A1B41C-4BFF-42DD-AAEF-A5F0E2C39899.jpeg

Edited by stephcurry30

Just, saw this congratulations! I just had my procedure with Nadimi this week staying at a different Marriot close by too. I love the fact that they have you come back in daily for a wash and check up. Anya is legit nicest person I have ever encountered in this business. I’ve unfortunately went through a terrible experience with Dr Di3p in California and to have gone through this new experience is very refreshing. 

Edited by FUT4000
  • Like 3

• stephcurry30 changed the title to Dr. Konior | September 2023 | FUE 1241 grafts

Day 7 was a few days ago! I met with Dr. Konior! He gave me the final graft count and looked at my hair! There were scabs present and this was the day I was given the go ahead to start gentle scrubbing and gently removing all the scabs! 

after this day I removed all scabs and none can be seen going forward! 

AE146371-FE72-43D5-826E-03F1C68F2C44.jpeg

472F04A3-203A-4E6F-BF7E-1DF2CEB78E09.jpeg

D03F9FE9-8B1F-4C15-B95C-EF2E3B4B2BE7.jpeg

C5E8CB6A-482F-4219-B0DF-3CBAD9A04CF2.jpeg

5EDEC0EB-DC38-4252-A6A6-022F017B595E.jpeg

97FFD773-FF03-49F2-96CE-8B2668A94EC9.jpeg

2384E852-1472-4A30-80EF-EF4C3AF540EB.jpeg

• Like 2

Today is day 10 and my hair looks the same exact more grown out and all the scans gone. 

I am still sleeping on my back until the 14th day when all grafts are going to be 100% locked in place and then goin go to try to mentally prepare for the dreaded shedding phase! 

28DD204D-43A2-46DF-98E9-117E266CBE57.jpeg

• Like 1

Day 21 (week 3)

was hoping I could avoid the shed but as you can see my hair is started to shed. Seems like 30-50% of hairs are gone. Most will probably be gone by week 4 for my next update. 

here comes ugly duckling phase that I am NOT prepared for! 

76EA3DAA-0EC2-4063-875B-D2DF6C99EB05.jpeg

454FE700-4E6F-4D8A-852F-928338F67E9A.jpeg

Edited by stephcurry30
Updated photo

On 9/29/2023 at 11:06 AM, jwolfe890 said:

the craziest part of this to me is that you can't even identify where the grafts were taken from

Thank you. I think it's the combination of how dense my donor is and how great of a surgeon Dr. Konior is. Dr. Konior mentioned that my donor is in the top 5 percentile in terms of density and graft count.

19 hours ago, Balding Bad said:

Congrats on the procedure. This looks like it's gonna be a home run! 👏

Fingers crossed! I'm in the ugly duckling/shedding phase and it's looking grim!

13 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Looks excellent @stephcurry30. Great work and look forward to following your updates. 👍

Thank you. Will try to update weekly.