Bisanga Kostis BHR 1500 FUE NW2 Blond Hair

rorito

Hello everyone, readers lurking in the shadows of this forum, it was time for me to contribute while infinitely thanking this forum, which for me is the only source of accurate and valuable information to form an objective opinion about a surgeon.

I'm 29 years old, and I've realized since I was 25 that my temples have been slightly receding and have continued to do so. It's a slow and slight loss, but it really upsets me. I love my hair very much, and since I was 14, I've been complimented on its beauty. It truly is a part of my personality. However, it's been taking longer and longer to style my hair and to be satisfied with how I look when I get out of the shower. The idea of getting a hair transplant has grown increasingly strong until January 2023, when my wife told me, "Enough, make an appointment."

I immediately turned to the BHR Bisanga Kostis clinic for obvious reasons: for me, it's one of the best in Europe, if not the best.

I filled out their form, and being naturally impatient, I called 3 days later. My first contact was with one of the clinic's French-speaking advisors, Lina, a super pleasant and professional woman who saw my file and told me the doctor would get back to me very soon.

A few days later, the clinic offered me a face-to-face appointment around the end of May.

My first meeting with Dr. Bisanga was very friendly, and he confirmed my fears: indeed, I have androgenetic alopecia, certainly very mild, but definitely present. The good news is that my donor area is excellent, and I have a density of 90 on the sides, and I will need 1400 grafts for a 32 cm² area (if my memory serves me right).

Won over by the doctor and his team, I took a quick tour of the clinic and made up my mind: I scheduled an appointment for August 25th.

On the day, I arrived at 9 a.m., did a bit of paperwork, then had a recap meeting with Dr. Bisanga and sketched out the hairline. I had a photo session and met Dr. Kostis, who's also very friendly (everyone is friendly at this clinic). He laughed when he saw my hair and didn't quite understand what I was doing there, and then we got started! It was a real symphony where everyone knew their part by heart. Kostis would be the main surgeon for this procedure, and Dr. Bisanga would make the holes to receive the grafts. The rest of the team are hair transplant veterans; the least experienced, so to speak, has 8 years of experience with the doctor, while the other 2 nurses have been working with him for 20 years.

Regarding the pain of the operation: unless pain is subjective, the anesthesia injections hurt, but I would rate it a 4/10 on the pain scale; it's quite bearable.

For the rest, I practically slept through the entire operation. The meal was very good, and being naturally impatient again, I ate very quickly, and we got back to work just as fast.

The operation ended at 4:40 p.m., and that was it.

For a little info, I think the team had a hard time finding single-graft hairs.

Regarding the after-sales service, Lina was truly outstanding, always quick to respond, and even called me on Day 10 to check if all the scabs had fallen off, asking for photos to verify properly.

This experience at BHR was genuinely a 10/10, a smooth journey with a professional team.

Thank you for reading. Now for the photos.

IMG_6339.JPG

IMG_6350.JPG

IMG_6381.JPG

IMG_6391.JPG

IMG_6424.JPG

IMG_6446.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

IMG_6466.JPG

IMG_6469.JPG

IMG_6471.JPG

IMG_6472.JPG

IMG_6521.JPG

IMG_6526.JPG

IMG_6528.JPG

IMG_6532.JPG

IMG_6553.JPG

IMG_6565.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG

IMG_6585.JPG

IMG_6590.JPG

IMG_6621.JPG

IMG_6623.JPG

IMG_6632.JPG

IMG_6635.JPG

IMG_6637.JPG

IMG_6644.JPG

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6668.JPG

IMG_6672.JPG

IMG_6673.JPG

IMG_6694.JPG

IMG_6700.JPG

IMG_6709.JPG

IMG_6711.JPG

IMG_6714.JPG

IMG_6725.JPG

IMG_6739.JPG

IMG_6751.JPG

IMG_6752.JPG

IMG_6753.JPG

IMG_6775.JPG

IMG_6781.JPG

IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6788.JPG

IMG_6938.JPG

IMG_6939.JPG

IMG_6941.JPG

IMG_6943.JPG

IMG_6944.JPG

IMG_6945.JPG

• Like 7

You have lovely thick hair naturally man, looking forward to seeing this develop! Work looks great, just do us a favour and update until the 12 months although I imagine way before then you'll have completely put hair loss behind you👍🙏

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am confident about what comes next. Until it has grown, we can't be sure of anything, but I think I've done everything possible to maximize my chances. Just so you know, I even continue to sleep with a travel pillow to ensure that my recipient area doesn't experience any friction. I don't even wear a cap, it's too risky, lol. And I will diligently update my journey, as I like to give back what I have received. Regarding the price, it's €4 per graft

One of the beauties of FUE surgery, is that it allows the doctor to “cherry-pick” the most suitable and appropriate hairs for specific areas of the restoration. This is essential for designing hairlines. The most appropriate soft and single hair grafts can be found in the parietal/temporal area of the donor (above the ear). This is one of the reasons why Dr. Bisanga will look to extract from this area. To be able to provide natural and optimal single hair grafts, as opposed to having to dissect thicker multiple hair grafts from the occipital to meet the necessary demands/count of singles for the hairline for example.

In terms of long term planning, the rear occipital donor area that was untouched in this surgery, is the area within the donor that presents the highest density, highest hair groupings and is the richest area of the entire donor. Leaving this area untouched allows thick multi hair grafts from areas with high density to be able to be best utilised if necessary in any future surgery.

Whilst all patients are unique, patients routinely experience shed in weeks 5 and beyond and so further shedding may still occur.

Thanks for such a great write up and impressive image quality.

Wishing you the best.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

A little update from the 2 months (exactly 62 days). I just came out of the hairdresser with a very short cut since I haven't lost too much hair and it is now undetectable. I'm already very happy with the result; it already gives me a full frontal hairline in just 2 months, which is already incredible. We'll see when it gets longer, but it’s already fantastic. I'll let you judge with the photos. I tried to take as many angles as possible and show hair up and hair down.

Have a great day everyone!

IMG_0921.jpeg

IMG_0936.jpeg

IMG_0935.jpeg

IMG_0932.jpeg

IMG_0930.jpeg

IMG_0927.jpeg

IMG_0926.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

IMG_0928.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Looking at this actual case and the photos then the question is answered, these are small with nice extraction pattern and also good to see a hair line is not harvested from the occipital only as many clinics seem to. He has also here patients who have had hair line punched out and healed well. If you shave short then more propensity to see scars and no surgery is scar free but even this case here shows the holes after surgery and no sign of large punches. 

Congrats to this patient for sharing his case and all the best for your growth!

Patient's own photo below. 

IMG_6532.thumb.JPG.9c0e59046e27b8f9a991baf9800852f4.JPG

• Like 2

@roritoThank you for your write up and images. Very pleased to hear of your positive experience at the clinic and Lina and the team thank you for your kind words.

As have been touched on by @laverita, the day 3 photos that have been kindly shared show exceptional healing at such an early stage and the size of the extraction punches are clearly small with a real respect in terms of extraction management and space in between each extraction.

Without derailing a patient posted thread, any punch will be as small as possible whilst still ensuring complete encapsulation of the hair follicle. Using a smaller than required punch will transect hair and/or damage any essential connective tissue including stem cells which will then damage the graft.

@roritoI look forward to your further updates and wish you the best over the coming months.

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.